N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4401)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 06-04-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We don't get people riding at 280 degrees often, but the logic right now might be too sharp of a transition. E.g. it goes from full boost to stock boost from 280->284 degrees. Maybe it could be smoothed out to 270->290, etc. But either way I think its time for you to consider some cooling mods.
Im having the same ON and OFF Problem randomly but have no temp issues. it never goes above 240-250 degrees. any ideas why this may be happening? no codes by the way.
(#4402)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntman
Im having the same ON and OFF Problem randomly but have no temp issues. it never goes above 240-250 degrees. any ideas why this may be happening? no codes by the way.
Maybe your gas cap is loose? Really, I have no idea. If you need support capture it on a CSV log and email it in.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4403)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-05-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntman
This sounds like the same situation I'm in, possible that you are running lean. I'm also troubleshooting an intermittent fuel mix code getting thrown at idle to low rpm, so your situation could be different. Like Terry said, need to log it.
(#4404)
Old

Car: 2010 E60 535I
Default 06-05-2012, 03:11 PM

My USB cable was gone after got service from dealer
So i stuck with firmware upgrade since 9/2/11 ?!! something like that... -_-;;;;
(#4405)
Old

Car: 07 335i sedan sport package
Default 06-06-2012, 03:31 PM

What was the option to have jb4 active when water temp gets to 160 or did you take it away? It sucks having to wait all that time for the oil to heat up.

*****nevermind found it in the release notes********

2007 jetblack sedan
Bms dci, jb4,
Bms meth kit
and raceland dp's
414hp/446tq

Last edited by jetblack07; 06-06-2012 at 03:37 PM..
(#4406)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 06-06-2012, 11:38 PM

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#4407)
Old

Car: e88 n54
Default 06-07-2012, 02:17 AM

can anybody help with interface install. i took out old interface downloaded latest but cant get it to install. msg is cant start application in this location because it is already installed from a different location. im stumped and now have no interface. any help greatly appreciated.
(#4408)
Old

Car: 135 Convertible
Default 06-07-2012, 03:18 AM

Have you uninstalled it correctly under the Add/Remove Programs in control panel? If not, try that first. Otherwise you will have to do a manual uninstall, have a look here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...k-once-clients

If you don't understand the instructions, be really careful or you might mess up your computer completely!

It might also be possible to run the original installer again (thoe one you installed from the beginning) and uninstall from there.
(#4409)
Old

Car: e88 n54
Default 06-07-2012, 03:50 AM

jox, thanks for that all sorted. easy when you know how.
(#4410)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 06-07-2012, 08:19 AM

Hey Terry what happened to the old feature "pedal target" feature in in the firmware it was like the built in throttle controller mapper ??
(#4411)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaobaby
Hey Terry what happened to the old feature "pedal target" feature in in the firmware it was like the built in throttle controller mapper ??
That was an old JB3 feature. It was removed in favor of static throttle mapping but more variable lagfix.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4412)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedout335i
terry? can you answer my question please
If you have some support question you'd have to email in. We don't do personal support on forums.

Burger Motorsports

(#4413)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default hey - 06-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
If you have some support question you'd have to email in. We don't do personal support on forums.
i did ! thank you
(#4414)
Old
boom

Car: BMW
Default 06-07-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Don't have any at the moment, but 20 are out there in testing now. Will expand that by another 10 or so next week.
I'm sure you're tired of me asking about the G5, but are all 10 spoken for already?

2011 335i m-sport
2008 335xi (Sold)
(#4415)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2012, 10:28 PM

Not sure at the moment but will sort that out Monday.

Burger Motorsports

(#4416)
Old

Default 06-08-2012, 07:21 AM

I would like to get on the G5 train as well. =]
(#4417)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2012, 08:31 PM

Working on making more but keep in mind they only benefit you if running > 18psi. Otherwise there is no reason to use it over the proven G4 15 ohm.

Burger Motorsports

(#4418)
Old

Default 06-08-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Working on making more but keep in mind they only benefit you if running > 18psi. Otherwise there is no reason to use it over the proven G4 15 ohm.
We know that T. I'm extremely happy with my G4 15 ohm and 5/23 FW. We just like to throw our money your way cause it makes us feel good and hope it does the same to you.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#4419)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2012, 09:08 PM

And we're happy to take it but a lot of guys asking for the G5s really have no idea what they are getting in too. This stuff is for experienced users only who want to run a lot of boost and know the consequences.

Burger Motorsports

(#4420)
Old

Car: 07 335
Default 06-08-2012, 09:10 PM

I'm still trying to figure out if it is worth me getting them if I plan to run e85, meth cm7 and cm10, push the stock turbos all the way (gonna have new ones soon) and some nitrous.
(#4421)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilov
I'm still trying to figure out if it is worth me getting them if I plan to run e85, meth cm7 and cm10, push the stock turbos all the way (gonna have new ones soon) and some nitrous.
With nitrous you'll need it just for the nitrous trigger, and depending on the shot the on demand CPS.

Burger Motorsports

(#4422)
Old
boom

Car: BMW
Default 06-08-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Not sure at the moment but will sort that out Monday.
Thanks Terry, I appreciate all the hard work!

2011 335i m-sport
2008 335xi (Sold)
(#4423)
Old

Default 06-08-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
And we're happy to take it but a lot of guys asking for the G5s really have no idea what they are getting in too. This stuff is for experienced users only who want to run a lot of boost and know the consequences.
Consequences.......The only consequence I can think of is that the stock turbo's hopefully give way and then it's onto bigger and better things such as RB's. Right or Wrong?

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#4424)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2012, 10:28 PM

At higher power levels anything from a blown turbo to a cracked piston to everything in between! But as long as you keep a fair amount of taper in the boost curve along with a meth failsafe then something like a +60 additive on map 3 meth+race gas is fairly safe for an aggressive setup. The people who break things normally try to hold too much boost to redline, don't use enough octane to support it, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#4425)
Old

Default 06-08-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
At higher power levels anything from a blown turbo to a cracked piston to everything in between! But as long as you keep a fair amount of taper in the boost curve along with a meth failsafe then something like a +60 additive on map 3 meth+race gas is fairly safe for an aggressive setup. The people who break things normally try to hold too much boost to redline, don't use enough octane to support it, etc.
Sorry getting a little OT. I agree Terry. I was just taking the piss (joking). Map 3 does have a nice safe taper IMO. I'm on board when it comes to logging and making sure everything looks healthy. If I'm not sure I just email csv's to you. Also in the process of switching all meth fittings to compression so I'll feel better about a 80/20 mix (done the trunk conversion too). Got me a local E85 gas station as well.