N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2276)
Old
Humid 535i

Car: 535i
Default 05-04-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo
Anyone have insight on routing the USB on the 535i? I don't recall seeing anywhere to push the cable thorugh under my box.
I just ran mine. Hopefully this will help out some 5ers so we don't have the cables hanging out the hood while logging.

(#2277)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-04-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu135i
Terry is an email from me to you with CSV is urgent .... tonight I have a race ... thanks
I really hope that everyone (I think most do) knows how truly lucky we are to have a tuner that gives us this type of support...

Thanks and keep up the great work Terry!
(#2278)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 05-04-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickcruiser
I really hope that everyone (I think most do) knows how truly lucky we are to have a tuner that gives us this type of support...

Thanks and keep up the great work Terry!
No Doubt! Terry you are amazing! if you ever come to Austin let me know
(#2279)
Old
Super Demigod

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 05-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Question, will there ever be any plans to allow us to adjust the starting boost level of map 4?

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#2280)
Old
Photog

Car: 335 Coupe 6MT
Default 05-04-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just2sxy
when is the lean cruise / fuel economy map coming? i got a long road trip coming up soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That will be one of the next things we add back in.
what kind of mph would we see on the hwy? I never get the rated 28mpg hwy, even stock, always around 26.8

2007 E92 335i / 6MT / Monaco Blue Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Comfort Assist / Premium / Sport / Heated Seats / Navi / Active Steering / Active Cruise Control / Park Distance Control / Rear Sunshade / Sirius MODS PicoTray / M3 Steering Wheel / Front OEM Aero Lip / Bimmian Aluminum Pedals / CDV / Ram Air Scoops / Painted Reflectors / HID 5000k / LED Angels / M Perf. Shifter / Euro Light Switch / 8500 x50 Hardwired / Center Armrest Pouch / JB4/ BT
(#2281)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
Question, will there ever be any plans to allow us to adjust the starting boost level of map 4?
The stock/economy map?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2282)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2istudios
what kind of mph would we see on the hwy? I never get the rated 28mpg hwy, even stock, always around 26.8
I saw around 1.5mpg in early testing, but also had the occasional sputter that is very unbecoming with a BMW. With a little more tuning hopefully we can keep that 1-1.5mpg improvement with 100% stock behavior.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2283)
Old
Super Demigod

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 05-04-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
The stock/economy map?
Oops, got my maps messed up. I meant the progressive meth map

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#2284)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2011, 01:47 PM

That's map 3. One of my to-do list items is to enable progressive meth mapping in conjunction with map 6 as well.

Burger Motorsports

(#2285)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-04-2011, 02:46 PM

Hi Terry,
I was wondering if there would ever be an option to be able to drive an external A/F gauge with any free analog outputs the JB4 may still have.

Quote:
Pin 2 on the DB25. The formula used internally is:

AFR = (misc_in + 980) / 10 where misc_in is 0-5v represented as a 0-1023 integer, and AFR is represented as a 98-200 byte representing 9.8:1 through 20.0:1.

You set FutureUseD=2 to enable.
(#2286)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2011, 03:08 PM

No plans for that. We'll add in dash AFR if you want to monitor it though.

Burger Motorsports

(#2287)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-04-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
No plans for that. We'll add in dash AFR if you want to monitor it though.
That would be pretty awesome.
(#2288)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 05-04-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
That's map 3. One of my to-do list items is to enable progressive meth mapping in conjunction with map 6 as well.
Yeah....

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#2289)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 05-04-2011, 11:31 PM

Guys can some 1 tell me with simple words ,whats new in the latest Firmware version 21/4 ?
i read the release notes and its ALL shortcuts and meaningless abbreviations!

Last edited by moodi; 05-05-2011 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: no reason...
(#2290)
Old

Car: bmw 135i
Default 05-05-2011, 12:38 AM

This map is a log in 5 ... I do not really like the drop in advance ....
(#2291)
Old

Default 05-05-2011, 02:30 AM

I'm not trying to start a tuner war or anything but is it going to be possible to get over 400 whp with just tune/dci/meth with the progressive meth? (Like the Vishnu Progressive Meth is getting over on the "other" forums)
(#2292)
Old
;o

Car: E92 335i/320i
Default 05-05-2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saifsiddiqui
I'm not trying to start a tuner war or anything but is it going to be possible to get over 400 whp with just tune/dci/meth with the progressive meth? (Like the Vishnu Progressive Meth is getting over on the "other" forums)
yes, jb4/dci/meth would get you in the 400 hp zone, you just need DP and you're done
(#2293)
Old

Default 05-05-2011, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie335
yes, jb4/dci/meth would get you in the 400 hp zone, you just need DP and you're done
How about w/o ***? Don't mean to sound cheap but 1. I'm a college student, and 2. I don't want the car to sound too loud. The golf tee mod was enough for me.
(#2294)
Old
;o

Car: E92 335i/320i
Default 05-05-2011, 02:35 AM

Quote:
How about w/o ***? Don't mean to sound cheap but 1. I'm a college student, and 2. I don't want the car to sound too loud. The golf tee mod was enough for me.
maybe you can, but your car turbos won't breath like they should
(#2295)
Old

Car: 2010 335i Coupe
Default 05-05-2011, 03:00 AM

Quote:
i have meowless ***, and i don't think its loud at all with the flapper closed..well, unless you're WOT..XD
(#2296)
Old

Car: 08 135i
Default 05-05-2011, 09:37 AM

Alright quick question I just got the JB4 and for the setup I have right now I will probably be going back and forth from map 1 & 5. I have the BMS DCI also, and I'm about to get either a AMS FMIC or AR DP but didn't know which order to go, would you recommend FMIC first or DP first . I live in East Texas where it gets pretty hot in the summers although, I'm able to use 93 Oct.... Any thoughts?
(#2297)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-05-2011, 09:39 AM

(#2298)
Old

Default 05-05-2011, 09:51 AM

I have both and would say FMIC as the summer is coming up quick.
Heat soak really sucks...
(#2299)
Old
Obsessed with his BMW

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 05-05-2011, 10:27 AM

For those of us that originally had the JB3 and had to install the new power wire, what did you have to do to go back to stock? I haven't taken the jb4 out yet but I'm guessing I would have to reverse what I did in the install. Can anyone confirm this?

2014 335i M Sport: bootmod3 Stg 2, AA CP, CSF FMIC, GFB DV+, VRSF down-pipe, aFe stage 2 intake, KW Clubsport Coilovers, xHP Stage 3.
(#2300)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2011, 11:17 AM

You remove the power wire when removing the JB4.

Burger Motorsports