N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: BMW M2
Default 10-24-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard
It's awesome to see how far you've taken this M2!
I may just stay on this board and follow your build thread if you have one!

Getting tired of being berated by some on other boards for not having a true 'M' car as they put it lol.
Thanks for the kind words! Honestly, the S55 in the new M2C has a lot more potential out of the box but I'll take the sound of an N55 any day. PS2 N55 is plenty of power for a vehicle this size. Obviously it's not an apples-to-apples comparison, but I'd be curious to see what a PS2 N55 does against an FBO S55 M2C.

If you want to read a little bit more, my build thread is located here.

'17 BMW M2 - [DCT/N55] - PureTurbos Stage 2 Turbo - JB4 + MHD BEF - Fuel-It Methanol PI
(#52)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 10-24-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav
Thanks! I'm by no means disappointed with the product, so if my review shows any ounce of that, disregard it! Super impressed. I figure I'm probably one of the first to do this on an N55 so it might just be the "growing pains" of a new product.

In total I needed x4 M8 x 50mm bolts to bolt the throttle body to the intake manifold, and x2 M7 x 40mm bolts to bolt to the intake manifold to the head.
Thanks for your write up, I'll be ordering and installing on my N55 by spring and this will help me.

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 ISO_11 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD BEF with JB4 e85/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450/MHD BEF
Waiting to install: Speedtech BW 8374/PI & Tune by Trebila
(#53)
Old

Car: guess...
Default 10-27-2018, 10:12 PM

I really like this solution for direct port. It's very clean and efficient. I have a question though, probably kinda noobie:
What pump are you running for you dedicated meth rail and secondly, what pressure(psi) do you have it set to? How'd you run your return line?
(#54)
Old

Default 10-28-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhat75
I really like this solution for direct port. It's very clean and efficient. I have a question though, probably kinda noobie:
What pump are you running for you dedicated meth rail and secondly, what pressure(psi) do you have it set to? How'd you run your return line?
I'm just using the regular pump that is supplied with the BMS methanol injection kit. I don't have a return line right now. I have the kit T'd before the methanol rail. One line goes to the rail, the other goes to a CM5 nozzle that's in the charge pipe for IAT suppression.

I will eventually run a return line from the rail to the CM5 nozzle and get rid of the pre-rail T fitting.

'17 BMW M2 - [DCT/N55] - PureTurbos Stage 2 Turbo - JB4 + MHD BEF - Fuel-It Methanol PI
(#55)
Old

Default 10-28-2018, 10:53 AM

I see. I don't think this manifold's injector wholes support traditional methanol nozzles/jets though. I think they're for Bosch/Denso style fuel/methanol(550cc/750cc/etc.) injectors. The BMS controller is also for use with cycle-able injectors(PWM) which will require a return line, tank, adjustable FPR.
It's at this point, if you/we decide to go with this manifold, these hurdles of crossing over from a simple Shurflo WMI system to a secondary fuel delivery system will have to be addressed. Either run 6 direct port meth jets at ~200psi from a Shurflo and have the JB4 control what PSI the pump is on/off OR, run 6 methanol approved fuel injectors, fuel rail, feed and return line with continuous fuel pressure and adjustable pressure regulator and have the BMS PI controller modulate the duty cycle of said injectors. I wonder if you can run a Shurflo pump continuously to pressurize a loop and just have the JB4 open a solenoid to a rail which has 6 positioned 'always open' nozzles in this manifold? It'd kindof be the middle of the road and not that tunable though..
(#56)
Old

Default 10-28-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I see. I don't think this manifold's injector wholes support traditional methanol nozzles/jets though. I think they're for Bosch/Denso style fuel/methanol(550cc/750cc/etc.) injectors. The BMS controller is also for use with cycle-able injectors(PWM) which will require a return line, tank, adjustable FPR.

It's at this point, if you/we decide to go with this manifold, these hurdles of crossing over from a simple Shurflo WMI system to a secondary fuel delivery system will have to be addressed. Either run 6 direct port meth jets at ~200psi from a Shurflo and have the JB4 control what PSI the pump is on/off OR, run 6 methanol approved fuel injectors, fuel rail, feed and return line with continuous fuel pressure and adjustable pressure regulator and have the BMS PI controller modulate the duty cycle of said injectors. I wonder if you can run a Shurflo pump continuously to pressurize a loop and just have the JB4 open a solenoid to a rail which has 6 positioned 'always open' nozzles in this manifold? It'd kindof be the middle of the road and not that tunable though..
I think you're overthinking this quite a bit. This setup works with methanol no problem, you just can't use traditional methanol nozzles which is perfectly fine - you instead use the supplied injectors.

The injectors supplied with the manifold are are the PWM injectors and are methanol compatible. If you combine this with the BMS Port-Injection controller it works with methanol just as it would with regular fuel.

I was running the Fuel-It methanol port injection kit prior to this manifold so I bought only the manifold itself and swapped all the components over to the new manifold. You don't need a "continuous" pressure with these injectors which is why you don't need a return line. You set the start PSI as you would with your regular methanol system and the Port-Injection controller begins spraying the nozzles as a function of RPM, throttle, boost, etc. It's not traditional "on-off" methanol spray like it is with the traditional methanol nozzle.

(#57)
Old

Default 10-28-2018, 01:28 PM

Your probably right. I sweat the details. So the Shurflo works with the PWM injectors OK? If that's the case then it literally takes a huge weight off. I used to run ** nitrous and instant fuel at the jets was crucial or else you lean spike HARD, hence the constant pressure feed fear.
Can I ask what pressure your pump is set to and do/did you ever need to adjust it?
(#58)
Old

Default 10-28-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Your probably right. I sweat the details. So the Shurflo works with the PWM injectors OK? If that's the case then it literally takes a huge weight off. I used to run ** nitrous and instant fuel at the jets was crucial or else you lean spike HARD, hence the constant pressure feed fear.
Can I ask what pressure your pump is set to and do/did you ever need to adjust it?
The Shurflo works perfectly fine with the PWM injectors if you combine the JB4 + BMS Port Injection controller. They work great in tandem.

FWIW when I was running just regular charge-pipe methanol injection I used to have my HPFP crash on my M2 anytime I stepped on it and went from zero throttle to WOT quickly above 5000 RPM. Once I went port injection that issue was completely solved. I can go WOT at any RPM as quick as I want and the car responds perfectly. No lean condition, trims and AFRs all in check.

I never adjusted my pump pressure, I left it with what it was shipped at. I imagine its calibrated and tested when manufactured. Not certain what that value is but I'm sure its on the BMS website / on the pump somewhere.

(#59)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 10-29-2018, 06:20 PM

Whatnkind of lines is everyone running with this type of setup? For cp injection I started with the plastic lines and compression fittings, then I moved to a stainless steel and. AN fitting setup. I've been having a couple issues with my nozzles getting clogged though.

2016 M235i EWG N55 - Empty exhaust - Charge Pipe - Intake - FMIC - WMI kit dual cm5+cm7 - JB4 FF and EWG Wires.