N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i
Angry BAD Experience with VTT Vargas double barrel Kit HPFP Upgrade - 08-09-2018, 07:04 AM

Hey guys,

i want to tell my experience with that kit from Tony.
I had a deal with him that I will make some Advertising for him. So, Ive got the kit a Little bit cheaper.
So, here we go

1. Tony didnt shipped the kit immediately because the fuel rail wasnt in stock as he said before payment
2. the Y-fuel hose LPFP was missing... he shipped it later --> waiting 2 more weeks
3. his installguide is wrong, so I cutted my water hose at the wrong spot for automatic Transmission. I told him that but no answer about that

4. the kit is running and HPFP is high... Iam on single turbo pte6466 and e100 fuel. We maxed out the fuel scalar in the flash at 22psi.. trims are on +Limit and that with meth(CM12) enabled... We cant push more fuel through the di injectors in our opinion. Again... HPFP is still high but I see no Chance so push more fuel to the cylinder...
I told that to Tony and he said that the kit is proven for about 800whp :D:D:D So my question! Who did 800whp at only that kit? And who can tune it?
Ive got no help from Tony to fix that Problem. Ive sent him logs and he told me that I maxed out the di injectors.... Iam on 22psi with meth and ist maxed out???? 22 psi makes ~700 Crank HP... ist far away from 800whp...
The only Thing that Tony did was to offend me. I will post the emails if he is talking **** in that thread.

But regardless to Tony... Is there help to push more fuel through the di injectors?

Thanks

Henryk
(#2)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 08-09-2018, 07:18 AM

It is no secret we are not the biggest fans of VTT however in this case it appears your biggest issues are really small ones and all in all it seems the kit is working well when said and done. Could it have all gone smoother? Sure. But product functionality-wise the FP being high = good.

Perhaps there needs to be some more discussions of WHP capacities of the system, but this will take more contributions from actual users to get a better idea as there are always going to be tons of variables there.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#3)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 08-09-2018, 09:43 AM

Maxed out a double barrel sounds odd but I don't know it's full capabilities.
You're using an AIC I assume?

UK FBO 335i, GCs, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 08-09-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebigboost
Hey guys,

i want to tell my experience with that kit from Tony.
I had a deal with him that I will make some Advertising for him. So, Ive got the kit a Little bit cheaper.
So, here we go

1. Tony didnt shipped the kit immediately because the fuel rail wasnt in stock as he said before payment
2. the Y-fuel hose LPFP was missing... he shipped it later --> waiting 2 more weeks
3. his installguide is wrong, so I cutted my water hose at the wrong spot for automatic Transmission. I told him that but no answer about that

4. the kit is running and HPFP is high... Iam on single turbo pte6466 and e100 fuel. We maxed out the fuel scalar in the flash at 22psi.. trims are on +Limit and that with meth(CM12) enabled... We cant push more fuel through the di injectors in our opinion. Again... HPFP is still high but I see no Chance so push more fuel to the cylinder...
I told that to Tony and he said that the kit is proven for about 800whp :D:D:D So my question! Who did 800whp at only that kit? And who can tune it?
Ive got no help from Tony to fix that Problem. Ive sent him logs and he told me that I maxed out the di injectors.... Iam on 22psi with meth and ist maxed out???? 22 psi makes ~700 Crank HP... ist far away from 800whp...
The only Thing that Tony did was to offend me. I will post the emails if he is talking **** in that thread.

But regardless to Tony... Is there help to push more fuel through the di injectors?

Thanks

Henryk
I have seen a single turbo car on a dual shotgun make 700whp and rail pressure was still 2000+. Maybe a tuning issue?

07 E90 335i 6mt
(#5)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 08-09-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster3500
I have seen a single turbo car on a dual shotgun make 700whp and rail pressure was still 2000+. Maybe a tuning issue?

+1... I'm running a single barrel and straight E85 and pushing 26psi.
(#6)
Old

Default 08-09-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS
Maxed out a double barrel sounds odd but I don't know it's full capabilities.
You're using an AIC I assume?
Yes, Iam using the AIC to control/ activate the 2nd HPFP.

"I have seen a single turbo car on a dual shotgun make 700whp and rail pressure was still 2000+. Maybe a tuning issue?"

Tell me who can tunes it because if you maxed out the fuel scalar in the Flash you have no other Chance to push more fuel through the injectors in our opinion.

"+1... I'm running a single barrel and straight E85 and pushing 26psi."

26 psi with which Turbo? 26psi on small bi Turbo is not the same like 26 psi on bigger single Turbo.
(#7)
Old

Car: 2012 bmw 135i
Default 08-09-2018, 11:00 PM

Soon to be on that level getting a doc race kit shortly is the aic turning on the 2nd hpfp for sure? Also maybe try e85 not e100, also I'm getting pi to get more fuel in the cylinder I didn't think our injectors would support that hp without help from pi

<-- Click for the build thread Full 1M bodywork,ONE EIGHTY HL,Carbon hood,trunk,side skirts,black lines,CKS coil overs, Sparta Evolution 2 piece rotors , PURE Stage 2 Turbo 24psi e65
(#8)
Old

Default 08-10-2018, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJD
Soon to be on that level getting a doc race kit shortly is the aic turning on the 2nd hpfp for sure? Also maybe try e85 not e100, also I'm getting pi to get more fuel in the cylinder I didn't think our injectors would support that hp without help from pi
Yes, the AIC is only to turning 2nd HPFP on and how much goes through it.
E85 to E100 does only a very small difference...
It seems to me that Tonys promises are wrong unless he or somebody can Show the opposite
(#9)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 08-10-2018, 04:22 AM

Quote:

"I have seen a single turbo car on a dual shotgun make 700whp and rail pressure was still 2000+. Maybe a tuning issue?"

Tell me who can tunes it because if you maxed out the fuel scalar in the Flash you have no other Chance to push more fuel through the injectors in our opinion.

26 psi with which Turbo? 26psi on small bi Turbo is not the same like 26 psi on bigger single Turbo.
The car was tuned by Ken. It is the guys with the budget bummer YouTube channel. Pretty sure it is a 6266 or 6466.

07 E90 335i 6mt
(#10)
Old

Default 08-10-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, the AIC is only to turning 2nd HPFP on and how much goes through it.
E85 to E100 does only a very small difference...
It seems to me that Tonys promises are wrong unless he or somebody can Show the opposite
Yeah a had a turbo of his that lasted 6k miles before it died, so yeah probably part of the problem

<-- Click for the build thread Full 1M bodywork,ONE EIGHTY HL,Carbon hood,trunk,side skirts,black lines,CKS coil overs, Sparta Evolution 2 piece rotors , PURE Stage 2 Turbo 24psi e65
(#11)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-11-2018, 12:47 AM

At 22 psi you definitely do not need e100. Back that mixture off to e50 or e60 and you'll still have plenty of octane + more fuel. Running e100 is just overkill and making things harder on yourself.
(#12)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-11-2018, 10:23 AM

Im a little suprised no one asked this! What are his LPFP mods? Did he replace the fuel lines from the tank to the engine? He's trying to run E100 which means he needs more fuel and more fuel pressure. Unless he's running a stage 4 setup his LPFP setup and stock lines are the culprit of his problems. Post some logs! Also are the hpfp's new or used? How many miles.

Edit: Found his mods in another post of his, logs will go along way to see if the fuel is not keeping up at the hpfp or on the lpfp size, but based on his mods his lpfp setup should be fine.

Quote:
built engine
- CNC ported Head
-cp rods
-cp Pistons (ceramic & teflon coated)
-heavy duty Piston Pins
-ARP head studs
VM Single Turbo Top Mount
Precision 6466 bb gen2
stock transmission
VRSF 7,5" Race
Synapse
3x455 LPFP
MMP PI + BMS Controller
Fuel it-Fuel Lines+E-Sensor
N20 TMAP Sensor
custom MHD Backend by pureboost + JB4
custom Exhaust
AD Engineering Thermostat
PCV delete
BMS Meth Kit
Wavetrac
18" OZ Alleggerita with 4x Toyo r888
18" F30 Performance brakes

2009 335i X-Drive | GC 2.0 Turbos | VTT silicone Inlets | VTT Aluminum Outlets | Fuel It PI with FPR and return line and BMS controller | Fuel It Stage 3 fuel pump | BMS dual cone instakes | BMS Catch Can | VRSF 7.5" Race Intercooler | Forge Diverter Valves | JB4 G5 ISO with Blutooth/JB4 Mobile App | n20 tmap sensor 3.5 bar | AR After turbo Exhaust

Last edited by buster84; 08-11-2018 at 02:52 PM..
(#13)
Old

Default 08-11-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:

True, and yes I running GC turbos. What I was getting after is, considering he has a double barrel kit, is running less boost, and is using a fuel mix its surprising 22psi is maxing out the fuel system.
(#14)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 08-11-2018, 07:07 PM

I'm with buster84. Why have logs not been posted at this point...?

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#15)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 08-12-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008135i
+1... I'm running a single barrel and straight E85 and pushing 26psi.
What is your lpfp setup? Did you make any changes to your .bin besides the fuel pressure table?
(#16)
Old

Default 08-13-2018, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebles
At 22 psi you definitely do not need e100. Back that mixture off to e50 or e60 and you'll still have plenty of octane + more fuel. Running e100 is just overkill and making things harder on yourself.
The Goal isnt to drive 22 psi... For my Goal high octane is highly needed... 22 psi is only the Point where the oem di injectors arent able to Support more fuel in my case...
(#17)
Old

Default 08-13-2018, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84
Im a little suprised no one asked this! What are his LPFP mods? Did he replace the fuel lines from the tank to the engine? He's trying to run E100 which means he needs more fuel and more fuel pressure. Unless he's running a stage 4 setup his LPFP setup and stock lines are the culprit of his problems. Post some logs! Also are the hpfp's new or used? How many miles.

Edit: Found his mods in another post of his, logs will go along way to see if the fuel is not keeping up at the hpfp or on the lpfp size, but based on his mods his lpfp setup should be fine.
You dont understand the Problem.. My LPFP Setup is stage 4 Setup custom made by me 2x455 with 2 seperated fuel lines, external filter and upgraded fuel lines...
LPFP is good of course.. HPFP is still high, too... that isnt the Problem... the kit from Tony works but the oem di injectors are the limiting factor.. they cant Support that much fuel that Tony promised... thats all...
(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-13-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
You dont understand the Problem.. My LPFP Setup is stage 4 Setup custom made by me 2x455 with 2 seperated fuel lines, external filter and upgraded fuel lines...
LPFP is good of course.. HPFP is still high, too... that isnt the Problem... the kit from Tony works but the oem di injectors are the limiting factor.. they cant Support that much fuel that Tony promised... thats all...
Henry, sounds like you need this

http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_PORT..._MANIFOLD.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#19)
Old

Default 08-13-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I said pi earlier since you can always do,bigger injectors if needed

(#20)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-13-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Two 455s are not stage 4. 3 pumps are which is what you said you had in the other thread and now you say it's two... you cant even get your mods straight how do you expect us to take your word that Tony lied about the hp of his kits. If his kit handles more power and the injectors are the issue then its again not his fault which your thread is all about.

Are you going to blame turbo companys for selling you a 2000hp turbo and claiming that you had bad experiences with them just because your engine couldn't handle more than 600? If the injectors are the problem upgrade them or stop using e100.

This thread is worthless and your attacks against vtt are worthless without logs proving what your saying. There are plenty of logs out there showing that his system works. You also never answered whether these are new hpfps OEM or not because tired ones are weaker. Are you using index 12 injectors?

I wouldn't expect more help without logs.

2009 335i X-Drive | GC 2.0 Turbos | VTT silicone Inlets | VTT Aluminum Outlets | Fuel It PI with FPR and return line and BMS controller | Fuel It Stage 3 fuel pump | BMS dual cone instakes | BMS Catch Can | VRSF 7.5" Race Intercooler | Forge Diverter Valves | JB4 G5 ISO with Blutooth/JB4 Mobile App | n20 tmap sensor 3.5 bar | AR After turbo Exhaust
(#21)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 6mt
Default 08-13-2018, 05:12 PM

I had the exact opposite expiriance with tony. Bought the shotgun kit, found out that it wouldn't fit because I have active steering. He was quick to respond, and offered me a full refund. I emailed him a few times and he replied in minutes.

sounds like your tooner might not know what he is doing.
(#22)
Old

Default 08-13-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane303
What is your lpfp setup? Did you make any changes to your .bin besides the fuel pressure table?
I'm running stage 2 bucketless (holding strong) without issue. Tuning has been done threw terbila, who has been great. I don't know what he all changed in the backend flash, but he did have me make several changes in JB4.
(#23)
Old

Default 08-13-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyo27
I had the exact opposite expiriance with tony. Bought the shotgun kit, found out that it wouldn't fit because I have active steering. He was quick to respond, and offered me a full refund. I emailed him a few times and he replied in minutes.

sounds like your tooner might not know what he is doing.
Yes, I've also had a great experience with Tony... I've emailed him on a Sunday night about some missing hardware in my single barrel kit, and he responded within a hour / got the missing hardware shipped that Monday.... That's amazing customer service, in my opinion.
(#24)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-13-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
The Goal isnt to drive 22 psi... For my Goal high octane is highly needed... 22 psi is only the Point where the oem di injectors arent able to Support more fuel in my case...
Right but you're missing the point. E100 uses MORE fuel than needed for 22 psi. Go down to a e70 mix and you will likely get the same results Tony advertises. You could most likely run that turbo at 26~ psi if you reduce the ethanol mix.
(#25)
Old

Default 08-14-2018, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84
Two 455s are not stage 4. 3 pumps are which is what you said you had in the other thread and now you say it's two... you cant even get your mods straight how do you expect us to take your word that Tony lied about the hp of his kits. If his kit handles more power and the injectors are the issue then its again not his fault which your thread is all about.

Are you going to blame turbo companys for selling you a 2000hp turbo and claiming that you had bad experiences with them just because your engine couldn't handle more than 600? If the injectors are the problem upgrade them or stop using e100.

This thread is worthless and your attacks against vtt are worthless without logs proving what your saying. There are plenty of logs out there showing that his system works. You also never answered whether these are new hpfps OEM or not because tired ones are weaker. Are you using index 12 injectors?

I wouldn't expect more help without logs.
Look when I posted your showed post of me. That was after my world record run. After that I changed the LPFP System as I said. Look at the fuel it kit. Its the same like me (the stage 4 Setup of them).
Of course it is a lie if the injectors cant handle more than 22 psi!
Tony has to know how much they can Support! And when he is saying that you can drive "800+whp" with that Setup then he lies!

When you are asking how old my HPFP is then you didnt understand anything bro I told that HPFP is high but the injectors cant handle more.

WHERE ARE THE x-People who had proven his System as he wrote me??? :D:D:D I see nobody here?!

Yes, Iam using brand new index 12 injectors.