N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: e90 FBO
Default e90 FBO n54 335xi 6AT - question about motor mounts - 08-14-2019, 11:33 PM

Hi,

So I'm at the point where I need to change motor mounts on my 2008 335xi e90 n54 6AT FBO. I'm thinking about getting the FCPEuro OE Corteco motor mounts, do I need to get any bolts with this job as well? Should I do motor mounts at the same time (If so can you help me locate what is a good part to get)?
(#2)
Old

Car: 2009 335i M-Sport
Default 08-15-2019, 09:05 AM

I bought the bolts just because I'm OCD and it was only a few bucks more. I've also read that they sometimes shear/snap off so it might be worthwhile, however I didn't have that happen on mine.

Also, you asked if you should install motor mounts during the motor mount install, that doesn't really make much sense. Did you mean to say transmission mounts? I didn't touch mine.
(#3)
Old

Car: e90 FBO
Default 08-19-2019, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissubaru
I bought the bolts just because I'm OCD and it was only a few bucks more. I've also read that they sometimes shear/snap off so it might be worthwhile, however I didn't have that happen on mine.

Also, you asked if you should install motor mounts during the motor mount install, that doesn't really make much sense. Did you mean to say transmission mounts? I didn't touch mine.
thank you, correct... I did actually mean the 6AT transmission mounts. TYIA