N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default dual catch cans - 04-30-2019, 04:25 AM

I've had a BMS catch can installed for well over 2 years. Probably for about the same amount of time I've seen people championing the dual catch can setup, catching oil recirculating under low or no boost situations. I don't intend to plug the port holes. Is it still worth installing a second catch can if the ports aren't plugged?

I've looked at lots and lots of posts. Can someone explain simply, where this second catch can setup connects. Thanks

UK FBO 335i, GCs, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#2)
Old

Car: E92
Default 04-30-2019, 09:15 AM

Next to flapper valve where pcv is
Attached Images

(#3)
Old

Default 04-30-2019, 09:17 AM

The fitting i have blocks the passage so u do not need to tap and block ports , but I did anyway
(#4)
Old

Default 04-30-2019, 09:21 AM

AD Engineering N54 8AN Crankcase Breather/PVC Delete Fitting
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-30-2019, 12:06 PM

Wait for our Dual OCC kit, no need to plug the ports on the head

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 04-30-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Wait for our Dual OCC kit, no need to plug the ports on the head
Please, not this again...

There is never a NEED to plug the head ports. It is just a damn good idea, otherwise you will have pressure/vacuum exposure ALWAYS on the valve cover/valve cover gasket where it is otherwise avoidable and unnecessary. In short it IS ALWAYS a great idea to plug these ports whenever you can, whether you are going to VTA or running External PCV.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.