N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2012 e92 xdrive
Default TMAP Issues n55/jb4 - 04-28-2017, 04:09 AM

So I am having boost issues with both my stock tmap and the 3.5 tmap.
I did an engine swap back in October and the car ran fine with the jb4 and 3.5 tmap, however the engine they sent me was bad so I got it warrantied and swapped again.

Fast forward to April after we swapped the engine, it doesn't seem to want to take either map sensors. Both map sensors are new (lost my stock one so ordered a new one).
I recent got a new jb4 board because my old one died, the harness is also new.

When I use the stock tmap, I get no boost and the following codes:
2C58
2C70
2C84

When I use the 3.5 bar, there is boost but it is a rough idle. The car really doesn't like it, I feel like it isn't scaling the map properly. I get these codes:
29E0
2C58
2C83

I double checked all the lines, nothing is being pinched or crushed. I change the n20 tmap setting to 1 for the 3.5 bar and 0 for stock. I don't play with the other settings on the jb4. No backend flash decided to flash it stock until I figure out this issue.

Running hybrid tubros and fbo.

This one really has me confused.
Attached Images

Last edited by hz_diesel; 05-02-2017 at 05:14 AM..
(#2)
Old

Default 04-30-2017, 09:03 AM

Up. Looking for input
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2017, 09:27 AM

Images over 200k do not display.

No JB4 log for us to check your settings, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-01-2017, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Images over 200k do not display.

No JB4 log for us to check your settings, etc.
I'll get logs up today with both tmaps. I've resized the images so they can be seen now. The only field I actually play with is the N20 TMAP, 0 for stock and 1 for 3.5 bar. Those are the codes I am getting for each map.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 05-01-2017, 09:17 PM

I really hate to say this because you are going to be like WTF but those are too small to be legible.

Can you just post a log...that will give us more information.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6)
Old

Default 05-02-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
I really hate to say this because you are going to be like WTF but those are too small to be legible.

Can you just post a log...that will give us more information.
Damn... Third time is the charm? I converted the file from png to jpg so I could increase the size.

Update it isn't the TMAP because I borrowed my friends 3.5 bar and it does the same thing. The weird this is there is no boost with the stock tmap but there is boost with the 3.5 bar.

Still working on getting the logs, I have free time so should be able to get something today.
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-02-2017, 09:52 AM

Where is the power for your BT module connected?

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#8)
Old

Default 05-02-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Where is the power for your BT module connected?

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742
I installed they way the guide said to do it from the downloadable PDF. Its tapping into the red wire (non 12).
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2017, 10:50 AM

Short circuit to B+ is typically the BT connection to 12 volts but if it's connected properly and still getting that error, you'll need to verify the TMAP connections.

(#10)
Old

Default 05-15-2017, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Short circuit to B+ is typically the BT connection to 12 volts but if it's connected properly and still getting that error, you'll need to verify the TMAP connections.
you were right...

Issue disappeared when I plug in the hardwire BMS cable. Sorry for the delay on the update was waiting forever on parts and etc.

How do you all plug in the BT device? there are 3 red wire, one 12v and two 5v's. I picked one of the two 5v's like the pdf guide said to do. I have the rev3 kit.
(#11)
Old

Default 05-18-2017, 03:32 AM

I take that back, the codes are back. I haven't driven the car still but went to check on the car yesterday. I am starting to think it might be a bad harness? I replaced the harness in November though... The only reason I think it might be the harness is when I try to change the jb4 maps on the steering wheel, the jb4 freezes after that initial load and I can't change anything or exit out.
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2017, 12:55 PM

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...ewpost&t=21742

That sounds like a possible bad connection.

(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2017, 01:12 PM

Dirty or loose CANbus wires (brown and green) on E series N55 are a common cause of these symptoms.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#14)
Old

Default 07-06-2017, 07:47 AM

This is really driving me crazy, the unit was sent in a few week back. I got it back and my mechanic put the unit back onto the car and the stupid codes are back. We got two new tmaps coming in today to see if that changes anything.
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-06-2017, 08:43 AM

Did you solder the CANbus wires?

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 07-06-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Did you solder the CANbus wires?
Yes my mechanic did solder the CANbus wire, should we not have?
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-06-2017, 09:23 AM

Which faults specifically are recurring?

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 07-06-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Which faults specifically are recurring?
These are the faults
Attached Images

(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-06-2017, 04:07 PM

Not sure on that. Maybe just something wrong with the sensor or harness connection causing the never ending issue. Might be worth trading JB4 systems with a friend just to fully rule that out.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 07-06-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Not sure on that. Maybe just something wrong with the sensor or harness connection causing the never ending issue. Might be worth trading JB4 systems with a friend just to fully rule that out.
I will try that. Both my harness and board are new, along new tmap we put in today.
(#21)
Old

Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 11-05-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz_diesel
I will try that. Both my harness and board are new, along new tmap we put in today.
Were you able to figure out the problem?

2013 E82 135is N55 JB4-BEF FBO