N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: M240i lci
Thumbs up B58 king - 08-07-2018, 11:51 AM

Will probably get banned after this thread,but anyways here goes.jb4 product awesome.jb4 for the vag awesome service and help from george at first he even tried helping me out with the b58 but he did mention he deals with the vag jb4.regarding the jb4 for bmw platform service and help from terry and gang is pathetic.not sure if its the same with the other bmw platforms.im sure theres many people like me who wont understand afr,timing,boost and so on.but with time it becomes easier.now if any one has a jb4 for the b58,contact bullit1418.he probably knows more about it than the people that invented it.he was a great help,extracted a huge amount of power with just jb4 and no add onns.explained step by step regarding maps,logs,e85 mixtures.and by simply looking at my logs could even tell that my car felt smoother and no throtle closures.jb4 worth the money,after sales service and help pathetic.
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i, 2009
Default 08-07-2018, 12:57 PM

If you post a log I am sure many of the forum vets and company staff would be happy to help.

To be honest though. The JB4 is not really intended for the lay person who doesn't understand at the basics of tuning. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if people were just installing JB4 without proper setup, without reading forum threads, without asking preliminary questions? I know that everyone on the team here always answers my questions and often go above and beyond answering them too. There is a certain expectation that you understand basics, and if you don't it's your responsibility to get up to speed before tackling this endeavor. If you don't then expect to encounter issues, rookie mistakes, and frustration from at least someone like me anyways. And quite honestly, if someone doesnt understand already the basics of Afr, timing, and boost, you have no business taking part in trying to tune your own car...You should have gone to an installer/tuner first. Just my two cents.

335i E90 2009 ///M Sport Auto
Mods: | Wagner Intercooler | MeowPipe | Meth-Trunk | JB4 | Pump_Back_End_Flash | Fuel-it! Stage 2
Drivetrain--------ForgeStar F14 Wheels 18" (245 & 275 PS4) | XHP L3 Transmission Flash | Wavetrac LSD
Suspension-------KW V3 Coil Overs| M3 RSF Bushings and Dif Bushings | H&R Sways

X5 50i 2013 ///M Sport
BMS Stage 1

Last edited by Nanometer; 08-07-2018 at 03:43 PM..
(#3)
Old

Car: 340i M-Sport
Default 08-07-2018, 01:21 PM

grammar much good

340i 8AT DME Stage 2 | JB4 | AP Intake | ER ** | Meisterschaft GTC | Ohlins R&T | Ground Control Camber Plates | MP LSD | 437M | RE-71R
(#4)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 08-07-2018, 01:33 PM

We're all here to help. Everybody at BMS is willing to help and has good intentions. Without them I wouldn't still be here

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#5)
Old

Car: 2017 m240xi
Default 08-07-2018, 05:39 PM

Ive been playing around with the jb4 for a few months now amd my car runs like a beast after much trial and error. Id say 90% of what i learned i got from reading COUNTLESS threads about how to read jb4 values and how to interpret them and change parameters. The other 10% of help i got from BMS staff replying to a couple log threads i posted. But i can sincerely tell you that all the info is there if you look for it. Youre not gonna get replies if the question youre asking has already been answered countless times. Theyre not gonna spoon feed you information just coz you want it. You gotta do a lot of work on your own coz its your car thats on the line. Tuning is not for everyone. If you dont use the preprogrammed maps in the jb4 and choose to use a custom map, then you better do your research.
(#6)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340i Xdrive
Default 08-08-2018, 04:44 AM

I have to disagree with original post. I got and still get great help from JB4 staff
And ofcourse reading other posts and just log. Most of the guys that do know about JB4 and other mods from experience will help. Don’t worry, it will get better
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-08-2018, 09:30 AM

I have never seen an email or a post from you. I get emails from a few people in this thread actually providing feedback and info. If you ever have any issues feel free to contact me.

Payam@burgertuning.com

Here's more info on logging parameters and meanings.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21269

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Car: X3M40i
Default 08-08-2018, 11:21 AM

Payam helps me all the time. I feel like a have a personal Tuner anytime I need it.

2018 X3M40i
JB4
BMS intake
(#9)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340i Xdrive
Default 08-08-2018, 12:20 PM

I thought he was my personal tuner guru. 😂😂
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-09-2018, 09:24 AM

LOL thank you guys

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 08-09-2018, 10:08 AM

Honestly, the JB4 is good for plug and play customers that don't want to tinker with it. But the B58 has presented a lot of new challenges that no piggyback can get around without modifying the BMW DME flash. The MPPSK and "M" B58 models have better fueling capability in the software and there is more room to work with, both on pump gas and E85 mixtures.

The N54 JB4 is rock solid out of the box and so are most other models, as far as I can tell. But everybody always wants more and if you're not willing and/or capable to figure this stuff out on your own, or remotely with assistance, there's always been and always will be local tuning companies in the world that can do everything for you.

Keep in mind, most other vehicle platforms (mostly non-turbo or older vehicles) require an incredible amount of knowledge, experience, and software tools to make modifications to extract more power safely. I won't even touch that stuff without a true tuner holding my hand.

Also, there is a lot that can go wrong when modifying anything over the OEM's original tuning. So if someone gives advice and tells you not to do something, it's not because you can't but because the risk is not always worth the reward and people that give tuning advice as part of their job and livelihood would rather err on the side of caution. Don't take it personally if someone tells you not to do something that isn't statistically well proven just yet. Blowing an engine is not cheap and it's definitely not fun. I know from experience on my Mustang.

Fortunately with the BMW platform the DME and sensors are smart enough to save people in most bad situations and we have the ability to push things more than some cars. But the risk is always there and people have blown their engines while running a JB4 and/or a flash tune. Usually it's because people don't know when to stop and keep asking for more power when it's not safe to do so.

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#12)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default 08-09-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirazk
Will probably get banned after this thread,but anyways here goes.jb4 product awesome.jb4 for the vag awesome service and help from george at first he even tried helping me out with the b58 but he did mention he deals with the vag jb4.regarding the jb4 for bmw platform service and help from terry and gang is pathetic.not sure if its the same with the other bmw platforms.im sure theres many people like me who wont understand afr,timing,boost and so on.but with time it becomes easier.now if any one has a jb4 for the b58,contact bullit1418.he probably knows more about it than the people that invented it.he was a great help,extracted a huge amount of power with just jb4 and no add onns.explained step by step regarding maps,logs,e85 mixtures.and by simply looking at my logs could even tell that my car felt smoother and no throtle closures.jb4 worth the money,after sales service and help pathetic.
You have exactly one post on this forum and it's your initial one pissing and moaning about support. Ironic considering this forum serves as first-line support for the product in question and it's obvious you have not used it.

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-09-2018, 11:03 AM

We help where we can. The B58 JB4 with map1, map2, or map3 is most cases works really well with zero custom tuning required.

Some people prefer to jump down the map6 rabbit hole, or play with other aftermarket parts like exhaust parts, E85 fuels, etc, and those can really complicate the tuning. We always provide as many tuning tools as we can on the JB4 end to accomidate everyone's needs. If you post to the forum generally someone from BMS will reply and if they don't, let me know so I can crack the whip.

Burger Motorsports