N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default BMS Differential Brace - 06-21-2019, 02:23 PM

Alrighty, as requested...

This part is the new part, drove around quiet a bit today and it felt like its starting to settle in, car rides like a dream, and when accelerating while rolling already, barely any hesitation

NOW FROM ORIGINAL POST

Today I received and installed the Differential Brace for the Kia Stinger GT1 RWD platform. I am going to break this down into a few pieces so here we go.

1. INSTALL
WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS, this should take no more then 30 minutes, however with me I was missing both a 14 and 15 mm wrench so I went to auto zone and grabbed them. Once I had them it was smooth sailing from there. Take off the 4 14mm nuts that are on the differential and then put the brace on, tighten them just enough so you have some play. Then put the L shaped brace on along with the back plate that goes into the car. Not sure how to explain that any better. Once everything is in, tighten them and go enjoy yourself.

2. THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
Just going based off my car here. The car handles extremely well, going from a dead stop it actually gripped the road a lot better. I can't speak for everyone here, but my stinger has 450 wheel horsepower and 500 wheel torque, so I was actually (pleasantly) surprised with how quickly and how well the car got going. No complaints here, I am very happy with the product and if you do not have one yet... Id recommend it!

Any questions feel free to reach out on my instagram @goldmember_gt Ill be happy to answer.. or you can reach out to the BMS squad of Terry and Payam, both are awesome and will gladly help out when needed.

NEXT STEP WATER METHANOL INJECTION BABY
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2019, 03:12 PM

Awesome! I know the guys took photos during an install here the other day to get a proper install guide going. Should be posted shortly!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default 06-21-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Awesome! I know the guys took photos during an install here the other day to get a proper install guide going. Should be posted shortly!
Already posted a video on youtube explaining how
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2019, 03:35 PM

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-24-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry96
Already posted a video on youtube explaining how
Post the video up in this thread!!

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-24-2019, 11:50 AM

Found it!

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 06-26-2019, 08:31 AM

Easy enough.

Thanks for locating the video.
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-26-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz
Easy enough.

Thanks for locating the video.
Super easy and simple. Takes about 10 minutes to install once the car is on ramps or on a lift.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3t RWD Sport
Default 08-11-2019, 03:49 PM

Curious if this will fit on the Genesis G70 as well?
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-13-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sling3r
Curious if this will fit on the Genesis G70 as well?
Send a photo of under the car/diff area and we can confirm.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3t RWD Sport
Default 08-23-2019, 05:15 PM

Best pics I could get for now.
Attached Images

(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2019, 06:15 PM

Looks the same to me... Give it a whirl!

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 08-29-2019, 09:16 AM

Is there any discussion on this part, it's use and benefits somewhere to review and discuss? Thank you!
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2019, 09:33 AM

There are a few videos on the Stinger facebook page I believe. It's not a magic bullet but tightens up the rear suspension for sure. For the price and ease of install well worth it IMHO.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 08-29-2019, 09:49 AM

Ah. Yeah, I don't and won't use Facebook. LOL Thanks.
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-01-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stung
Ah. Yeah, I don't and won't use Facebook. LOL Thanks.
Yes it's not for everyone lol, I can only take so much of it. But sometimes good info posted there.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 09-10-2019, 07:29 AM

So I installed the diff brace last night and ran into a small snag. I was able to work around it but at least wanted to post some feedback in case it could be useful to improve the product.

My issue is that when lining up the vertical "L" bracket that bolts to the subframe to the differential bracket after it's bolted to the diff, the two bolt holes that mate the two don't exactly line up.

In more detail, the rear hole was off (the front hole at least lined up). So from what I can tell, it was off perhaps due to a weld that was on the underside of the subframe. It was forcing the vertical "L" bracket down about a 1/4", throwing the alignment off for the rear hole. I ended up filing the hole just a little bigger so that both bolts could pass and be secured with the provided nyloc nuts.

Perhaps I should have just filed the top edge of the bracket so that it would form around the weld and allow it to be "square" with the subframe (in hindsight).

The vehicle it was installed on is a 2019 Stinger GT (base GT trim), if it even matters.

EDIT: In hindsight, filing the top edge will have thrown hole alignments elsewhere so, in fact, the bolt holes mating the two brackets probably just need to be a little bit wider. The weld is not the issue.

Last edited by rboettcher81; 09-12-2019 at 06:05 AM..
(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-10-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboettcher81
So I installed the diff brace last night and ran into a small snag. I was able to work around it but at least wanted to post some feedback in case it could be useful to improve the product.

My issue is that when lining up the vertical "L" bracket that bolts to the subframe to the differential bracket after it's bolted to the diff, the two bolt holes that mate the two don't exactly line up.

In more detail, the rear hole was off (the front hole at least lined up). So from what I can tell, it was off perhaps due to a weld that was on the underside of the subframe. It was forcing the vertical "L" bracket down about a 1/4", throwing the alignment off for the rear hole. I ended up filing the hole just a little bigger so that both bolts could pass and be secured with the provided nyloc nuts.

Perhaps I should have just filed the top edge of the bracket so that it would form around the weld and allow it to be "square" with the subframe (in hindsight).

The vehicle it was installed on is a 2019 Stinger GT (base GT trim), if it even matters.
Got any pictures?

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 09-10-2019, 11:51 AM

I didn't take any last night. I could later this evening.
(#20)
Old

Default 09-11-2019, 06:38 AM

I didn't get a chance to put the car on ramps last night (that dad life) but I did find a good picture of another Stinger rear subframe that shows the weld i'm referring too.

I will take pics of mine just to show in further detail when I get a chance though.

The red circle in the pic is the weld that is pushing the lower "L" portion of the vertical bracket down, causing some misalignment. On mine specifically it's down so much that it's hitting my exhaust cross-brace. I think i'm going to have to remove that L bracket and file the top edge where it's making contact with the weld so it has clearance with the exhaust brace. It rattles on cold starts.
Attached Images

(#21)
Old

Default 09-12-2019, 05:41 AM

So I was able to snap some pics.

I went ahead and removed the vertical bracket because the bottom edge was contacting the exhaust brace below. I ended up filing that edge to a 45 degree which gave it a couple mm clearance and all is well.

After further examination, filing the top edge of the vertical bracket where it touches the weld would've been a bad idea as it would have thrown off the bolt holes above it, to the subframe (that secures to the "nut bracket").

I still like the product but fitment was not exactly plug 'n play out of the box for me. Just make sure you have a large flat file and a round file with a bench vice to make small adjustments if needed.

Red arrows in pics are points of interest indicating contact/rubbing, areas filed, and clearance afterwards.
Attached Images