N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default JB4 control Vargas Double Barrel Shotgun System? - 06-11-2019, 09:34 PM

Has there ever been any discussion or provisions for the JB4 to control or work in sync with the VTTO Double Barrel Shotgun setups?

Iíve received my VTTO Double Barrel Shotgun setup today and I opted for the split second controller when ordering, but once I received everything today and studied the AIC1-V1H a bit I just wondered why I have never seen anything offered by BMS/Fuel-It controller of some sorts for this setup that tie it directly back to the JB4 system.

Yes, Iíve spent hours searching this forum and google. As resourceful and creative as some are employeed BMS, independent tuners and such, I was shocked not to find the slightest hint of something existing along these lines or even results of a failed experiment.

As a disclaimer Iím not sponsored or influenced by any company of aftermarket parts in the N54 game. I just find things interesting, check out the capabilities of solutions offered for the platform and so on. I currently have a 2009 335i FBO automatic car at this moment sporting JB4 G5 with a plethora of BMS/FUEL-IT components for port injection, anti-lag, e-sensor, etc. Iíve had/have many different vehicles over the years, but nothing thatís been specifically electronic controlled DI until I got the BMW a few years ago.

2009 335i Automatic Coupe.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2019, 10:19 AM

We actually have a new small inexpensive ($149) controller coming out to run 2nd fuel pumps, CPI, etc. I expect it would also work with the double barrel but I'd have to review the mapping they use to see if we can implement it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-12-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We actually have a new small inexpensive ($149) controller coming out to run 2nd fuel pumps, CPI, etc. I expect it would also work with the double barrel but I'd have to review the mapping they use to see if we can implement it!
I wouldnít mind being part of the trial program and signing a waiver.

I do have access to a dyno at times as well and I daily my car a lot.

(#4)
Old

Default 06-20-2019, 12:42 PM

Just bumping this up in case anyone else has some input or has experimented with this.

Love this platform and all the crazy developments that’s took place!

@Terry, has anyone just used the AIC controller for the Double Barrel kit to do its thing, yet retained the JB4 and just ran DI only with something like upgraded twins or a single turbo setup on E85?

(#5)
Old

Default 06-26-2019, 03:01 PM

Bump

(#6)
Old

Default 08-23-2019, 07:30 PM

Bumping this back up in hopes of some news. Went single turbo, have a VTT Double Barrel setup, and would really hate to no longer be able to use my JB4 G5 and anti-lag setup.

Surely there has to be something I can do to let me keep my JB4, even if it means still using the Split Second controller for the secondary hpfp.

(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-26-2019, 02:02 PM

I think we're getting close to the release. We're just waiting on some machined cases IIRC

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 08-29-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I think we're getting close to the release. We're just waiting on some machined cases IIRC
Iíd certainly like to be one of the first to try the product. I truly like my JB4 and comfortable with it, so I donít want to move away from the product unless I have no other choice.