N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#451)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 08-19-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nardo19
I have a question though. Let's say you do solve it, and it turns out its a hardware issue. Will you be swapping everyone's hardware out for free? I hope so because it would suck to have a $700+ item that is permanently defective. I don't mind using it for now, like you said, but obviously everyone does want this resolved. (I know you know this, its not to throw jabs at you)
Yes, will make right with whoever is affected.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#452)
Old

Car: 2019 RS3
Default 08-19-2019, 03:02 PM

That gives me great comfort and you have my total support. Thank you
(#453)
Old

Car: rs3
Default 08-20-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Yes, will make right with whoever is affected.
Being in the UK was concerned if the hardware needs to be changed
I too have moved the boxes into a different location ( limited by length of cables though ) and it isn't any different.

RS3............In the UK
(#454)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 08-20-2019, 07:30 AM

I've shielded the box from EMI/RFID... no improvement.
Either the cables are picking up something or there is noise/crosstalk within the board design. I'll open the box and stare at the board lol.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#455)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 08-21-2019, 02:54 PM

Hi all, been back and forth with George by emails about the issue a lot of us are having. I’ll explain my situation.

I have the old model of JB4 with the BCM in a separate box.
At first i installed it like most of you, next to the ecu.
issue happened immediately.
I also have huge delay with the launch control.

A friend of mine bought the JB4 for his RS3
I installed it for him. We placed the JB4 in the CTS turbo cold air intake housing.
I also installed mine there now.

He had the issue only once while it happens to me all the time. 100% of the time
We swapped JB4 out of curiosity .
My car with his JB4 has 0 issues whatsoever. Boost is nice and launch control is amazing.

His car immediately had the issues with my JB4 installed.

If any of you have friends with the same car and JB4 , you could do the same tests I did
(#456)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegxsi
I've shielded the box from EMI/RFID... no improvement.
Either the cables are picking up something or there is noise/crosstalk within the board design. I'll open the box and stare at the board lol.
What version board? 1, 2, 2.1, 2.2?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#457)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 08-21-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
What version board? 1, 2, 2.1, 2.2?
REV1.0
haha...I really did stare at the board for a little bit. Usually that's stuff I do at work (PCB designer) and never at home.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#458)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegxsi
REV1.0
haha...I really did stare at the board for a little bit. Usually that's stuff I do at work (PCB designer) and never at home.
If you want we could swap it for a new one for you just to rule it out. Email me terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#459)
Old

Default 08-22-2019, 11:17 PM

Hey guys, I was driving at WOT in fourth gear and I got what I think was limp mode. It says drive system malfunction, contact dealership. I scanned the code and it says P0000 No information found. I was logging when it happened. I hear that some speculate this is a way to detect engine remap. Here's the log. Thoughts? Stock 2019 jb4 latest version. Update, IDK how to upload. Email to George.

I checked ross-tech website on the code and they say its a possible flag for tuning?

16920/P0000/000000 - Ross-Tech Wiki

I recently went to an IE intake on my 2019. Everything worked fine before i put it on. However, after installation, i realized the inlet from the DV valve is different from the 17-18 RS3. Many who also encountered this suggested they had run it dumping to atmosphere for thousands of miles no problem, even tracking it. So, I figured it was OK. However, upon inspecting the DV valve, it has 2 holes on it. (the 2018 which this intake was for only has 1, hence why it doesn't fit). The second smaller hole actually has vacuum! Very odd for a DV valve. I looked at the stock airbox to see where this second hole goes, and it completely blocks it off. It has vacuum for no reason that I can think of. I got rough idle when the car was cold, so I decided to plug the small hole with my finger. Rough idle stopped. In all I probably only drove the car about 10 miles like that, and decided that even though others were doing it no problem, i was uncomfortable, and I put it back to stock. I checked and rechecked all the connections, everything is fine. I went out to do some pulls and make sure all was working right. Turn on the log.. did some pulls in 2nd and 3rd and it felt great. Once I hit 4th though...boom CEL. Pull over its P0000. Turn off car. Turn it back on, no CEL. Turned the map down from 5 to 4. Feels fine. Did another pull. CEL. I checked all the connections again and everything is correct. I mean there's only a couple components to the intake system, so idk if its the ECU detecting strange boost and timing patterns and flagging it. maybe some new 2019 thing they are doing to catch us with piggybacks? Or..is something wrong with the car? Or...is something disconnected that shouldnt be? I don't wanna take it to the dealer, thats for sure.

2019 RS3 on e31 Map 4/5

Last edited by nardo19; 08-23-2019 at 01:27 AM..
(#460)
Old

Default 08-23-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Hey guys, I was driving at WOT in fourth gear and I got what I think was limp mode. It says drive system malfunction, contact dealership. I scanned the code and it says P0000 No information found. I was logging when it happened. I hear that some speculate this is a way to detect engine remap. Here's the log. Thoughts? Stock 2019 jb4 latest version. Update, IDK how to upload. Email to George.

I checked ross-tech website on the code and they say its a possible flag for tuning?

I recently went to an IE intake on my 2019. Everything worked fine before i put it on. However, after installation, i realized the inlet from the DV valve is different from the 17-18 RS3. Many who also encountered this suggested they had run it dumping to atmosphere for thousands of miles no problem, even tracking it. So, I figured it was OK. However, upon inspecting the DV valve, it has 2 holes on it. (the 2018 which this intake was for only has 1, hence why it doesn't fit). The second smaller hole actually has vacuum! Very odd for a DV valve. I looked at the stock airbox to see where this second hole goes, and it completely blocks it off. It has vacuum for no reason that I can think of. I got rough idle when the car was cold, so I decided to plug the small hole with my finger. Rough idle stopped. In all I probably only drove the car about 10 miles like that, and decided that even though others were doing it no problem, i was uncomfortable, and I put it back to stock. I checked and rechecked all the connections, everything is fine. I went out to do some pulls and make sure all was working right. Turn on the log.. did some pulls in 2nd and 3rd and it felt great. Once I hit 4th though...boom CEL. Pull over its P0000. Turn off car. Turn it back on, no CEL. Turned the map down from 5 to 4. Feels fine. Did another pull. CEL. I checked all the connections again and everything is correct. I mean there's only a couple components to the intake system, so idk if its the ECU detecting strange boost and timing patterns and flagging it. maybe some new 2019 thing they are doing to catch us with piggybacks? Or..is something wrong with the car? Or...is something disconnected that shouldnt be? I don't wanna take it to the dealer, thats for sure.

2019 RS3 on e31 Map 4/5

I had the same issue. Black cable in JB4 was slightly unpinned.
Make sure all the cables in JB4 are nicely pinned .
Hopefully this is your issue
(#461)
Old

Default 08-23-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
If you want we could swap it for a new one for you just to rule it out. Email me terry@burgertuning.com
Hi Terry, just got the new 2.2 pcb and installed it. Did 5 runs and did not run in any issues!!! So far so good !!!!

Just a question , my old pcb was rev 2.0 and I have the external BCM module. Does the new pcb have it integrated?
(#462)
Old

Default 08-23-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad.las
I had the same issue. Black cable in JB4 was slightly unpinned.
Make sure all the cables in JB4 are nicely pinned .
Hopefully this is your issue
You had the same P0000 code? I checked the connections last night. Everything was nice and tight.
(#463)
Old

Default 08-23-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
You had the same P0000 code? I checked the connections last night. Everything was nice and tight.
I didn稚 bother checking the codes. My issue might have been different than yours. With the JB4 it would throw a drivetrain malfunction. Without it it was fine. It was one of the black wires in the JB4 that wasn稚 pinned in completely
(#464)
Old

Car: 2018 rs3
Default 08-23-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:

2019 RS3 on e31 Map 4/5
Hey,bro,I have the same problem with you.
(#465)
Old

Default 08-23-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I have removed JB4,RS3 JB4 is a very frustrating attempt。Far from the wonderful on BMW
(#466)
Old

Default 08-24-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc61940542
Hey,bro,I have the same problem with you.
What codes do you have? I'm throwing three now. P0000 P01100 and P02100

I'm sure we'll get it figured out
(#467)
Old

Default 08-24-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
What codes do you have? I'm throwing three now. P0000 P01100 and P02100

I'm sure we'll get it figured out
I suspect that JB4 can run normally in some ECU CODE, but not in some ECU CODE.
my code is 0005
Attached Images

(#468)
Old

Default 08-26-2019, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc61940542
I suspect that JB4 can run normally in some ECU CODE, but not in some ECU CODE.
my code is 0005
ECU code is irrelevant. We found what your issues is.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#469)
Old

Default 08-26-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
ECU code is irrelevant. We found what your issues is.
I will reply as soon as possible, thank you very much.
(#470)
Old

Default 08-29-2019, 01:12 AM

Got my car sorted out and can say with a pretty fair amount of certainty that it was not the jb4s fault. My code was underboosting and likely due to an improper intake installation. Oops
(#471)
Old

Car: RS3 2019
Default 09-01-2019, 06:57 AM

Hi ,
I’m in Europe and have the 2019 version of the RS3 ( with the gasoline particule filtrer gpf )
Will the jb4 still work on my car ?
Thanks
(#472)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-01-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs3toto
Hi ,
I知 in Europe and have the 2019 version of the RS3 ( with the gasoline particule filtrer gpf )
Will the jb4 still work on my car ?
Thanks
Yes!

Burger Motorsports

(#473)
Old

Car: RS3 2019
Default 09-01-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Yes!
Ok thanks. I知 a complete newbie to jb4.
So just to be sure if I order the jb4 it will now come with the BMC integrated in it and I will just need also to order the little box to connect wirelessly with the phone app. This way I do not need to use the obd cable right ?

Once installed I can use map 1 or 2? I知 just looking for a moderate power increase nothing crazy and am running fuel here in Europe of 98 or shell V power 100.

And as understood there are currently some boost problems that some people are experiencing here ?

Thanks
(#474)
Old

Default 09-01-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs3toto
Ok thanks. I知 a complete newbie to jb4.
So just to be sure if I order the jb4 it will now come with the BMC integrated in it and I will just need also to order the little box to connect wirelessly with the phone app. This way I do not need to use the obd cable right ?

Once installed I can use map 1 or 2? I知 just looking for a moderate power increase nothing crazy and am running fuel here in Europe of 98 or shell V power 100.

And as understood there are currently some boost problems that some people are experiencing here ?

Thanks
Hi,

With your fuel you can go up to map 3.
Correct with the order but the bluetooth device does not replace the need for the OBD cable whose purpose is to feed the JB4 with engine data for mapping purposes.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#475)
Old

Car: rs3
Default 09-05-2019, 12:06 AM

Same issue again this morning, going along at 25mph, go to overtake a cyclist so foot down and.........no boost, car just feels like its naturally aspirated.

Mine seems to be doing it more and more now as there are occasions where it feels like I'm not getting full boost, contemplating removing it from the car now, which is a shame.

Emailed you George

RS3............In the UK