N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i
Default Need help with strange electrical issues - 08-10-2019, 01:56 PM

I bought a 2007 335i coupe last week. I put a jb4 in it and dci along with new plugs and coils. After installing the jb4 the car started once fine but the second time I went to crank it the button did nothing(car cranked slow but I thought battery may be week from not running at the dealer). Did some research and found that the ground wires are an issue. I replaced the ground wire at the left side engine and car starts now but... I have a fuel gauge that reads zero, door locks don't work, trunk release doesn't work, wipers don't work, interior lights wont come on when doors are open but do work if I manually turn them on and the parking brake light remains on even with the brake off. None of these problems were there before, I can imagine they are all linked to the same problem. I searched for wiring diagrams to see if there is any ground locations that would have anything to do with all this but no luck. I uninstalled the jb4 and the problems are still there. I reinstalled the jb4 and still have the same issues. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-10-2019, 07:20 PM

I found the problem. Had a blown fuse. Thanks to all who read the post.
(#3)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 08-10-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceI
I found the problem. Had a blown fuse. Thanks to all who read the post.
Now find what caused the fuse to blow in the first place and you should be good.