N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: M240i
Default JB4 V13 Map2 EWG/FF No BEF - 06-10-2019, 04:33 PM

Just loaded V13 and logged on Map2, 93oct. Seems to have smoothed out significantly and no closures. Sudden 'kick in the back' gone as well. However, I don't like what the HPFP did here. Thoughts?

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-10 18_01_14_Gear-3_Map-2.csv (6.5 KB, 54 views)
(#2)
Old

Default 06-13-2019, 12:56 AM

Timing could be better, but overall it looks ok. You have FOL set really high at 75. I would take that down to 30-40 and recheck your trims. If they stay in the 35-40ish range your ok and shouldn't be at risk of hitting fuel limits. It's okay for a short spike/max at boost tip in around 3k rpm. With where timing is... it looks like MAP 2 is max. You could try map 3, but I don't think you have the fuel/octane for it.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-13-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
Timing could be better, but overall it looks ok. You have FOL set really high at 75. I would take that down to 30-40 and recheck your trims. If they stay in the 35-40ish range your ok and shouldn't be at risk of hitting fuel limits. It's okay for a short spike/max at boost tip in around 3k rpm. With where timing is... it looks like MAP 2 is max. You could try map 3, but I don't think you have the fuel/octane for it.
Yes, thank you. Lowered FOL and will keep an eye on it.
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2019, 11:43 AM

Fuel pressure seems fine to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 06-17-2019, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Fuel pressure seems fine to me.
Thanks Terry. I just noticed the short drop and timing reduction and thought they might be related. Unless I raise FOL, timing seems to be flat 0.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2019, 10:38 AM

FOL is used to fine tune fuel trims but with the BEF is no longer needed. You can remove that connector all together. We adjust trims in the BEF in those applications.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 06-17-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
FOL is used to fine tune fuel trims but with the BEF is no longer needed. You can remove that connector all together. We adjust trims in the BEF in those applications.
So with the BEF we can have FOL on 0 or 70 and it wouldn't make a difference at all with the trims?

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#8)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340iX
Smile Best map for B58 - 06-29-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58_M240
Just loaded V13 and logged on Map2, 93oct. Seems to have smoothed out significantly and no closures. Sudden 'kick in the back' gone as well. However, I don't like what the HPFP did here. Thoughts?

Thanks.
I suggest trying Map6 with a flat boost in the 4.5 to 5.5 range. For me 4.5 is best. This gives me maximum average timing advance and maximum acceleration for 2000 to 6000 rpm wot, and the least additional engine stress.

I figure acceleration by simply by dividing the rpm change over the time it took. It is a nice, quick, non-seat of the pants way of evaluating all maps and user settings and how your engine likes them.

Map6 with flat boosts in the additive mode beats all other maps that I have tried...500 WOTs so far. Timing is nearly as important as max boost.

Enjoy

2017 340iX with M track handling package, 6 speed manual, BMS intake, and JB4 piggyback; EWG and FP wires; 93 octane; and fun with Honda S2000; Ninja Z1000.
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
So with the BEF we can have FOL on 0 or 70 and it wouldn't make a difference at all with the trims?
Shouldn't make a big difference but I'd start at 0 and then if we see any reason to raise it in logs we'll let you know.

Burger Motorsports