N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Angry Nasty Vibration/Shudder between 17-24 mph after clutch job - 04-02-2019, 10:56 AM

Hey guys, my 335i is a 6MT and I recently replaced my flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing at 28k miles due to oil leaking into the trans and ruining everything. I never separated the driveshaft from the diff and only disconnected it from the trans (obviously). I had a mechanic friend help me and we used the alignment tool and torqued all the bolts to spec and after driving the car I've had a nasty vibration only between approx 17-24mph. I spilled a little trans fluid while reinstalling the trans and flushed it out and replaced it with Redline D6 ATF (per redlines suggestion) and the shuddering got worse under heavier load. I also tried rotating the driveshaft into each possible position where it attaches to the tranny to no avail. I'm out of guesses on what it could be. I do not have the metal shielding that covers the driveshaft in currently to rule that possibility out. The only other thing is that I did not install the top most aluminium bolt that holds the bell housing to the engine due to using jackstands and I plan on putting that bolt back in when I have access to a lift. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what this could be? Thank you guys!
(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 04-12-2019, 11:43 AM

Make sure you didn't install your center support bearing upside down when putting the driveshaft back. I did and it caused some vibrations until I went back and realized the problem.

This is wrong:

This is right:

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF