N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#426)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-15-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
just to add more, I couldn't get that same connector to clip either, I tried like 10 times and gave up, lol. It's just sitting there, but felt secure enough that it wasn't going to come apart so I left it. Will try pushing the retaining clip again and see if that works
This is how it looks when the pink locking clip is the way it should be. Seems some of these might have slipped out unlocked. Use something flat to push it in the direction of the wall of the plug as show with the arrow.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#427)
Old

Car: 2018 Audi S4
Default 02-15-2019, 07:04 PM

that's not the connection I had trouble with, it's the BCM to the wastegate control connection. I just went and played with the retaining clip on that female connector and it finally stuck on.
(#428)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 02-15-2019, 07:08 PM

I revisited the connector and reinserted that piece today. I got it to lock in like above and the connector plugs in as it should. I drove for a week with it removed and it was fine. Doesn't seem to do much but maybe guide the mating connector better.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#429)
Old

Car: 2018 audi a4 qusttro
Default 02-15-2019, 07:50 PM

I have a 2018 audi a4 quattro. I purchased a jb4 3 months ago and lately only boost gauge would work and car felt sluggish. If I turned it off and let it sit for 10 min and turn back on all my gauges would work and it would come alive so I updated my firmware to audi vw_8 4. AND IT DIDN'T WORK . I need someone to point me in right direction plz.
(#430)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2019, 09:30 PM

Just email George@burgertuning.com!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#431)
Old

Car: Audi s5
Default 02-15-2019, 09:43 PM

Hello, i just installed the jb4 for my s5, i plugged the obd and There is no difference between map 0,1,2 and 3...
Im runing on gas 92 octanes
Its like the car was stock, i tested with the racelogic vbox and there is no difference, what could it be?
(#432)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanassar
Hello, i just installed the jb4 for my s5, i plugged the obd and There is no difference between map 0,1,2 and 3...
Im runing on gas 92 octanes
Its like the car was stock, i tested with the racelogic vbox and there is no difference, what could it be?
Post a JB4 log so we can look at the diagnostics and see.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#433)
Old

Default here are the 4 logs! - 02-15-2019, 10:05 PM

map 0 to map 3
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-15 7_09_52 p. m. Map-0.csv (87.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-15 7_11_03 p. m. Map-1.csv (30.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-15 7_13_01 p. m. Map-2.csv (50.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: csv 2019-02-15 7_13_40 p. m. Map-3.csv (16.7 KB, 42 views)
(#434)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanassar
map 0 to map 3
Making more boost but you have a lot of timing corrections, even on map0. What fuel are you using? Can you improve it?

Burger Motorsports

(#435)
Old

Default 02-15-2019, 10:13 PM

Im using 92 octanes, what can i do? What do you mean with timing correction? Sorry im new with this!
Thanks Terry!
(#436)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2019, 09:25 AM

I think for the short term stay on map1. And George can work with you to see if there is a way to boost performance on the octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#437)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-16-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
This is how it looks when the pink locking clip is the way it should be. Seems some of these might have slipped out unlocked. Use something flat to push it in the direction of the wall of the plug as show with the arrow.

There is another lock on the female connector side as well.

I'll have to get a picture when I get into the office today unless you can get one.

It's a small white tab that needs to slide over when the terminals are pushed to the top.

Burger Motorsports

(#438)
Old

Default 02-16-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I think for the short term stay on map1. And George can work with you to see if there is a way to boost performance on the octane.
Thanks terry, I sent an email to george.
(#439)
Old

Car: Audi S4 B9
Default BCM - 02-16-2019, 11:34 PM

i had trouble with both connectors but they are ok now. the pink clip was in the way and i managed to adjust that. also on the other connector, part of it wasn't seated correctly (a grey circular clip at the base of the inside). i pushed that across with a screw driver and voila.

now i need to go have a run and take some logs so that i can get a nice custom map 6 worked out. any suggestions for that as a baseline? the settings on page 1 have it zeroed out but there were boost settings in there originally that i removed so it matched the recommended settings.
(#440)
Old

Default 02-17-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanemari
i had trouble with both connectors but they are ok now. the pink clip was in the way and i managed to adjust that. also on the other connector, part of it wasn't seated correctly (a grey circular clip at the base of the inside). i pushed that across with a screw driver and voila.

now i need to go have a run and take some logs so that i can get a nice custom map 6 worked out. any suggestions for that as a baseline? the settings on page 1 have it zeroed out but there were boost settings in there originally that i removed so it matched the recommended settings.
Log the individual maps first and see how the logs look. If the car runs well in map 5 which we recommend higher octane or a E30 mix we can help you set a map 6 to see if there is more room.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#441)
Old

Car: b9 sq5
Default 02-17-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Hi,

E85 straight will overwhelm the fueling system. Follow what we are doing for now as we test higher amounts and will will post if a higher percentage can be used.
Email me at george@burgertuning.com pictures of the inside of the two plugs so I can see why they wont click. Typically the pink locking tab jumps out of place and prevents it to connect.
I have gotten mine to click with no issue
(#442)
Old

Car: Audi S4 B9
Default 02-18-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Log the individual maps first and see how the logs look. If the car runs well in map 5 which we recommend higher octane or a E30 mix we can help you set a map 6 to see if there is more room.
ok I took a log in map 5. probably not the most calculated run or repeatable conditions but hopefully it will give some indication of performance? I dont have a dragy GPS yet (arriving tomorrow) so not sure how fast it was, and I didnt use launch control either but hopefully that wont change how well the fuel reads.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-18 17_56_09 Map-5.csv (56.0 KB, 30 views)
(#443)
Old

Default 02-18-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanemari
ok I took a log in map 5. probably not the most calculated run or repeatable conditions but hopefully it will give some indication of performance? I dont have a dragy GPS yet (arriving tomorrow) so not sure how fast it was, and I didnt use launch control either but hopefully that wont change how well the fuel reads.
Log looks good but the pedal is not all the way down. Also need to run it in the higher gears like 3rd and 4th if possible where there is more load. If want do a few more and email them through to george@burgertuning.com which is easier than linking them here.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#444)
Old

Car: B9 RS4
Default Just fitted my JB4 to RS4 - 02-18-2019, 03:24 PM

Just had run out after fitting the unit to do some logs and the car feels great. Only used map 1-3 but midrange already pulls great. . Sent logs over
(#445)
Old

Default 02-18-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkschris
Just had run out after fitting the unit to do some logs and the car feels great. Only used map 1-3 but midrange already pulls great. . Sent logs over
Send me a picture too as I reckon its one of the first RS4's.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#446)
Old

Default 02-19-2019, 07:47 PM

I noticed today on some of my logs the graphs seem to be off ? I am shifting at 6k and tje logs only show 5k and boost #ís seem to not be what im seeing on the guages. Is it just me? Lol

So it seems if i just sit at idol the data logging is counting the paramaters for time like idol guage is 823 -8-30 and the jb4 keeps logging increase rpm with relation to time same with boost! Odd?!
Attached Images

Last edited by timmieh2; 02-19-2019 at 08:03 PM..
(#447)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2019, 08:09 PM

You're probably looking at the wrong log.

Burger Motorsports

(#448)
Old

Default 02-19-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You're probably looking at the wrong log.
I thought that might be it at first but it wasent. I then changed maps and it would not record a log on map 4,3 the log came up still map 5 . So i tried to delete all the logs and it would not comply or even let me delete individually. So i just deleted the app and re installd and its working proper again. Weird!
(#449)
Old

Default 02-20-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmieh2
I thought that might be it at first but it wasent. I then changed maps and it would not record a log on map 4,3 the log came up still map 5 . So i tried to delete all the logs and it would not comply or even let me delete individually. So i just deleted the app and re installd and its working proper again. Weird!
IOS or Android? So far we haven't had any similar reports but worth keeping a eye out for it.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#450)
Old

Default 02-20-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
IOS or Android? So far we haven't had any similar reports but worth keeping a eye out for it.
IOS ... it was definatly odd i tried loging out and back in and restarting the phone closing the app out ect. The app connected to the jb4 all the guages seemed to be in order but logging (taking,deleting,reading) all seemed off. I spent a good amount of time looking for user (my) error but ovbious error (by me) i couldnt find. I am happy i got it working again, i found the issue trying to take logs to send over to you for a map6 request sent them last night.