N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#226)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-16-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Pictures don't work, but I'm glad that it's working as advertised!!

How's the foot though? LOL
Okay, I'll try to fix those pictures tonight! I'll also try to get a clean datalog with the PR.

The foot is horrible (swollen, bruised, and bleeding). I ended up dropping a 3 ton jack on the other foot and stepping on a fire ant hill washing my car later that day too. All happened with bare feet.

My FMIC wasn't angled at all. I noticed it was hitting the bumper beam at first causing it to angle, but it straightened out once I moved it back. I was along, so grabbed the floor jack noted above to raise it into position. I also used the old hairspray trick to help lube the couplers during install which helped me a ton.
The only real issue I had was fitting the 90deg elbow coupler onto my lower charge pipe. I had to remove my lower chargepipe, heat up the coupler, then force it on to the piping.

I saved the pieces of the coupler I cut off just in case someone asked how much I had to cut, so I'll measure that tonight.

Evil1 '08 135i 6AT with a few go fast bits...
(#227)
Old

Car: BMW M135I
Default 07-16-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Send me some photos when you can. I believe I answered you on facebook as well. Something else has to be off because they are cast pieces that come out of a mold.
Yepp im the same guy.
Are you talking about the ic or the couplers?
The ic is clearly not a cast one, see attached image regarding that they forgot to flush/clean it...

Tbh im fairly certain that the reason mine is sitting in an angle is due to the Turbo outlet coupler is messed up. But I don't want to pull the whole ic down and try and source a new coupler just yet..
(#228)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-16-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
Yepp im the same guy.
Are you talking about the ic or the couplers?
The ic is clearly not a cast one, see attached image regarding that they forgot to flush/clean it...

Tbh im fairly certain that the reason mine is sitting in an angle is due to the Turbo outlet coupler is messed up. But I don't want to pull the whole ic down and try and source a new coupler just yet..
The intercooler end tanks are cast, the intercooler core is not.

No problem, send me the pictures in email and I can take a look. I've installed so many of them I should be able to see an issue.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#229)
Old

Default 07-17-2018, 08:01 AM

I had a track day with the new 7.5" Race intercooler. And what a difference!!!! Pushing 20psi on stock turbos for 20min on track and my IATs were only 15-20 above ambient. What a beast this thing is. Worth an upgrade from 7" intercooler. No timing drops at all. On steet IATs seem to drop going into a pull. Very nice!

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7.5" Phoenix FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.
11.92@123.6 (JB4 ISO, DCI, IC, **, DR, on e45 & 17psi)(2013)
444whp/481wtq @19psi and e60 (2013)

2013 X3 xDrive28i M-package
JB4, K&N drop-in, ER downtube, Map 2 @ 22psi on 93
(#230)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-18-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seroga1986
I had a track day with the new 7.5" Race intercooler. And what a difference!!!! Pushing 20psi on stock turbos for 20min on track and my IATs were only 15-20 above ambient. What a beast this thing is. Worth an upgrade from 7" intercooler. No timing drops at all. On steet IATs seem to drop going into a pull. Very nice!
I swear by it every time as well. It's such a big improvement it's very underrated IMO.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#231)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 09-25-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I swear by it every time as well. It's such a big improvement it's very underrated IMO.
Very underrated. This FMIC works !
Attached Images

(#232)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2018, 10:43 AM

Also the only IC you can get a matching 3" cold pipe for to keep it 3" all the way to the throttle body.

Burger Motorsports

(#233)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 09-28-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Also the only IC you can get a matching 3" cold pipe for to keep it 3" all the way to the throttle body.
does the VRSF race taper down?

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
(#234)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-28-2018, 07:53 PM

Yes their J pipe is only offered in 2.5".

Just got a shipment of 90 RACE intercooler in today so get while the getting is good.

Burger Motorsports

(#235)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 09-29-2018, 03:12 AM

great product , using in one customer 335i ps2 hf iat only increase 10F up to 5th 164mph

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
10.64 @129mph, MHD Custom + #LUCHOJB4, E40 + meth ~ Drag Track online set up on instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#236)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 09-29-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes their J pipe is only offered in 2.5".
Hmm, it is advertised as "includes 3" lower charge pipe" maybe it tapers to 2.5''? I don't recall mine tapering at all when I installed it. It's not a major issue either way.

Either IC seems to be the way to go. I do like your diverter plate on the inlet.

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
(#237)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-30-2018, 03:24 PM

You'd have to check with them. Last I heard they include a 2.5" J pipe. We offer both, the 3" lets you stay 3" all the way to the throttle body.

Burger Motorsports

(#238)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-01-2018, 07:06 AM

Phoenix Race back in stock and shipping.

Burger Motorsports

(#239)
Old

Car: 335xi 2010 E90
Default 02-12-2019, 04:03 PM

I already knows that to fit the race intercooler some portions of the bumper needs to be trimmed. I have a OEM M-tech bumper, does it also fits on mine?

2010 E90 335XI 6AT with XPH stage 3 | JB4 G5 W/Trebila Tune | RB Next Gen+ | RB hot side INLETs | VRSF high flow OUTLETS | Fuel-IT stage 1 LPFP | ETS FMIC | MODDED VRSF CP | TIAL Q | BMS METH KIT CM10+CM5 & HYBRID PORT INJECTION | AR DESIGN cer. downP | BMS OCC | RB external PCV w/plugged HEAD | Best 1/4: 11.47@123mph
(#240)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 02-12-2019, 04:06 PM

None of the actual bumper needs to be trimmed, just a lot of the plastic lying underneath.

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#241)
Old

Default 02-12-2019, 04:16 PM

ah ok nice, that means it should fit on mine.
thanks

2010 E90 335XI 6AT with XPH stage 3 | JB4 G5 W/Trebila Tune | RB Next Gen+ | RB hot side INLETs | VRSF high flow OUTLETS | Fuel-IT stage 1 LPFP | ETS FMIC | MODDED VRSF CP | TIAL Q | BMS METH KIT CM10+CM5 & HYBRID PORT INJECTION | AR DESIGN cer. downP | BMS OCC | RB external PCV w/plugged HEAD | Best 1/4: 11.47@123mph
(#242)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-12-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephtech
ah ok nice, that means it should fit on mine.
thanks
Yup, I have the Mtech bumper too it fits perfect

Burger Motorsports

(#243)
Old

Default 02-12-2019, 07:14 PM

can't wait to install this IC, I would also like to order the 3" J pipe. Does the 3" fit for an AT car with the transmission heat exchanger ? (just below the radiator)

(#244)
Old

Default 02-13-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephtech
can't wait to install this IC, I would also like to order the 3" J pipe. Does the 3" fit for an AT car with the transmission heat exchanger ? (just below the radiator)
Yes it does, as I have the AT and this FMIC with 3" J pipe.
I would HIGHLY suggest unscrewing the trans heat exchange from the radiator shroud to give you some more wiggle room, then reinstall it once the piping is all connected.

Evil1 '08 135i 6AT with a few go fast bits...
(#245)
Old

Default 02-13-2019, 11:53 AM

I see from your signature that you have a 135...may not be exactly same room as mine, even tough you might have less room than a 335.

anyone with a 335 AT with the 3" J pipe?

(#246)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Convertible
Default 06-02-2019, 08:43 AM

I don't know if there was a N55 thread for this thing. I couldn't find it doing a quick search. Sorry.

Hi, I'm finally getting around to installing this monster on my N55 E93. Cut cut cut cut....

In shroud that I'm cutting to get this thing to fit, I have a sensor. I think it's the ambient air temp sensor? Well, it no longer has home. Any tips on where to mount this now?

2011 335i - JB4 ISO | MHD E85 PI BEF | Exhaust Mods | CP | 5" stepped FMIC | BMS Meth Injection | BMS Intake | Pure Stage 2 | Pure Inlet | FF wires | Fuel It Stage 2 | DV+ | N20 TMAP | Ethanol mix
(#247)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-03-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tho
I don't know if there was a N55 thread for this thing. I couldn't find it doing a quick search. Sorry.

Hi, I'm finally getting around to installing this monster on my N55 E93. Cut cut cut cut....

In shroud that I'm cutting to get this thing to fit, I have a sensor. I think it's the ambient air temp sensor? Well, it no longer has home. Any tips on where to mount this now?
Zip tie to the bumper support or anything close by. Lots of places.

Burger Motorsports