N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3826)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2020, 05:38 PM

Thanks, I should have specified PWG as I didn't make the change to EWG yet. Sorry!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3827)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 06-30-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashzhang87
hey i’m running jb4 with EWG Connector!
i went to updated jb4-f -ewg -18-t5 , that is Newest!
and after that CEL is on !

123511 Wastegate Flap Sluggish
120308 Boost pressure lower than expected
i got ******* DP ,bms intake!

I want to know what's going on!
thank you!
Today I did the same updated to jb4_f_ewg_18_t15.hex. The car reaction was slow and got the same codes :
123511 Wastegate Flap Sluggish
120308 Boost pressure lower than expected
108F01 Boost pressure lower than expected

Flashed back to jb4_f_ewg_17_t2.hex and the car was fast as before and no codes...

I think there is something wrong with the latest bta firmware?
Driving a m235i ******* DP, chargepipe and wagner ic.

Last edited by NLM235I; 06-30-2020 at 02:59 PM..
(#3828)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2020, 04:45 PM

Fail to enter the new duty bias = 50 settings perhaps? Log would shed light on it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3829)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 07-01-2020, 03:25 AM

Its the first time I do this, see log. I hope its ok, please let me know what you see?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P10_M2_R34_200630_2212.csv (146.8 KB, 5 views)
(#3830)
Old

Car: 2013 535i xDrive
Default Anyone have a copy of the old .HEX files??? - 07-02-2020, 02:23 PM

So, I just flashed to the version 15 of the N55 PWG...and my car is now not driveable. Drivetrain codes, MAP codes...

These all appeared the minute the app said refreshing the JB4.

Of course, like a moron, I deleted the old .hex file.

Does anyone have N55_F_PWG_INT_13.hex???

With the app changes, you only get to download the latest version and all the older files are gone from here. And, BMS says they don't have it!

Appreciate it if anyone could send the version 13 to me. Thanks

Last edited by fldfld; 07-02-2020 at 02:33 PM..
(#3831)
Old

Car: F10 535i
Default 07-03-2020, 12:33 PM

fldfld, did you get INT_13.hex file?

2011 F10 535i M-Sport PWG // Deep sea blue //
//JB4 PWG_INT_13 + BMS BEF PWG1_RACE_3 // M Performance mufflers// 3,5" cless dowpipe
(#3832)
Old

Default 07-03-2020, 12:36 PM

siim.... No, not yet... Please tell me you have it...
(#3833)
Old

Default 07-03-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siim138
fldfld, did you get INT_13.hex file?
No, not yet... I sure hope you have it...
(#3834)
Old

Car: F10 535i
Default 07-03-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldfld
No, not yet... I sure hope you have it...
here you go. N55_F_PWG_INT_13_T1.hex

It is T1, hopefully does not matter, my 535i runs very good with this
Attached Files
File Type: hex N55_F_PWG_INT_13_T1.hex (84.4 KB, 6 views)

2011 F10 535i M-Sport PWG // Deep sea blue //
//JB4 PWG_INT_13 + BMS BEF PWG1_RACE_3 // M Performance mufflers// 3,5" cless dowpipe
(#3835)
Old

Default 07-03-2020, 01:53 PM

Awesome thank you!!!!

I'm going to reconnect the JB4 now and flash it with this.

BMS wants me to send back the circuit board but I'll do that next week after I give this file a try.

Thanks again!
(#3836)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Awesome thank you!!!!

I'm going to reconnect the JB4 now and flash it with this.

BMS wants me to send back the circuit board but I'll do that next week after I give this file a try.

Thanks again!
A firmware change isn't going to cause faults unless you loaded the wrong firmware for the board, which would be obvious if we looked at a CSV file.

Burger Motorsports

(#3837)
Old

Default 07-04-2020, 11:05 AM

Terry, well, I get what you're saying but I loaded version 13 last night and the car is now perfect again.

I've been loading the correct software and flashing it since I've had the JB4. Never had a problem before. So, it's either the board or the version 15 flash. That's why I'm sending the board to you next week. I can only say what process I used to flash it to 15 and the fact that it immediately starting throwing codes and drivetrain errors putting the car into low power mode. Then, the return to 13 went perfectly and all codes gone.

Something ain't right but I'll leave that up to you and Ando to figure out.
(#3838)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Terry, well, I get what you're sa
Don't have enough information to offer you any useful advice. What is your email address? If you've sent in v15 logs and the code details I can always check those to see if anything is set wrong.

Burger Motorsports

(#3839)
Old

Default 07-04-2020, 02:38 PM

dressler.rick@gmail.com

I sent the log file the other day to Ando.

I appreciate you taking a look.
(#3840)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2020, 03:43 PM

Don't see any obvious issue but it's a v1 PWG board, not a current v2 board. So could be some firmware conflict with it although nothing else has been reported. If the older firmware is working better for you then just stick with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3841)
Old

Default 07-04-2020, 04:10 PM

Well, so much for the complimentary upgrade to a v2 board.

Thanks, I'll just stay with version 13 for the life of the car.