N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 06-22-2019, 05:11 AM

BUMP I have sitting here yet to install a jb4 g5 iso with pi and motiv ethanol kit + upgraded line, currently running mhd only custom tune.
(#52)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 06-23-2019, 07:23 PM

In for updates!

2009 335i Automatic Coupe.
(#53)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-24-2019, 09:43 AM

We're working on it!

Once we have updates Terry will post up. Just been really busy around here between other platforms.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old

Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 07-06-2019, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
Great news, having customers waiting for the complete jb4 integration with the MHD/Motiv flex fuel kit.
Yep.. Bump, and note for myself to check on this every once in a while. Iíve been sitting on the line upgrade and Motiv FF Kit since it was released over a year ago, but waiting for full JB4 integration. Hoping it comes soon.
(#55)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i Coupe
Default 07-19-2019, 05:56 PM

Is this ever going to happen?

07 335i e92 - money pit
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2019, 09:18 PM

I've worked up the basic maps and sent a few out. Just need more guys interested in running it. The normal JB4 E85 autotuning works pretty damn well so for many its hard to justify the extra complexity.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 07-21-2019, 08:48 AM

Thanks Terry - I think the fuel/timing changes that MHD FF makes possible are too awesome to ignore, my logs have never looked better. But right now I am very happy with the current state of how things integrate (the latest JB4 firmware fixed my problems here turn signal lights stay on after MHD flexfuel install - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion and checking "dtml flexfuel input" fixed everything else) so thank you for the work on that stuff.
(#58)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 335i Sedan
Default 07-23-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I've worked up the basic maps and sent a few out. Just need more guys interested in running it. The normal JB4 E85 autotuning works pretty damn well so for many its hard to justify the extra complexity.
Hi!
Longtime lurker, but this was the first time I've felt the need to register and comment. I'm more than willing to help test. the timing adjustments really interest me for running flex fuel, as i's not always running e50-60 in my car.
(#59)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 07-23-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Honestly for me, if I could have the BEF scale timing and fueling based off the FF sensor and then control the boost through the JB4, it would be the ideal scenario.

I just don't want to keep flashing between pump and E85 tunes when I go out of town for example. I can manually set the boost to be lower, it's just a convenience thing.

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#60)
Old

Car: 335xi 2010 E90
Default 07-23-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I am also interested. I have all the hardware sitting. I am watching this thread for a while now waiting for development.

2010 E90 335XI 6AT with XPH stage 3 | JB4 G5 W/Trebila Tune | RB Next Gen+ | RB hot side INLETs | VRSF high flow OUTLETS | Fuel-IT stage 1 LPFP | ETS FMIC | MODDED VRSF CP | TIAL Q | BMS METH KIT CM10+CM5 & HYBRID PORT INJECTION | AR DESIGN cer. downP | BMS OCC | RB external PCV w/plugged HEAD | Best 1/4: 11.47@123mph
(#61)
Old

Default 07-29-2019, 08:16 AM

Good to see some movement on this again.. still patiently waiting so I could get with Trebila again.
(#62)
Old

Default 09-03-2019, 09:28 PM

How many cars are beta testing this right now? An ETA would be appreciated since it's been a year and a half. If it's not happening then we could at least move on to other solutions... Thanks.
(#63)
Old
Oh Dimi.

Car: 2010 335i e90
Default 09-03-2019, 10:35 PM

Interested as well.

Daily Driver:2010 e90 335i AT
ER FMIC w/CF Shroud - ER Competition Oil Cooler - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - JB4 G5 ISO - 100%E85 - Alpina TCU Flash - Vanguard Exhaust - Macht Schnell 3' CTLS ** - TFT Inlets - aFe Air Dam - TiAL BOV - Fuel-it! STG3 LPFP - Motiv PI - PURE STG2 - DSS Axles - 630+whp

In-Progress:
1987 MKIII Toyota Supra
1JZ-GTE Swap
Build thread located here:
http://socalsupras.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1356
(#64)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 09-04-2019, 07:24 PM

this has been forever

2008 535i SAT W/paddle shifters
Pure Stage 2 DD on the way!
VTT Inlets and Outlets
Spool Performance stage 3 LPFP
Fuel-It Ethanol Sensor + Lines
Motiv Flex Fuel Box
AD-Engineering 650 HP Intercooler
JB4 G5 ISO W/MHD BEF
XHP Flash Stage 3
Synapse CP with BOV
BMS OCC & PCV
Accuair Elevel
Hpdrivetech air bags
AG Wheels
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2019, 10:40 AM

If anyone wants to help out on the testing and has the flex fuel kit installed just email us.

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-05-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
If anyone wants to help out on the testing and has the flex fuel kit installed just email us.
Hi Terry,

I have a Flex Sensor and Analyser on the way. I planned to just run it to the JB4, not the factory DME. For these "Flex" maps to work, will they need the e85 signal going to the DME or can it get the reading from the JB4?

I assume there is no issue running the 5v signal wire to both either. So i can install it that way.

Either way i am keen to test. I'll shoot an email through.

Thanks

2007 BMW E92 335I 6AT, 3" VRSF Down, 5" Stepped FMIC, JB4 ISO Latest Firmware, E85 BEF, XHP Stage 3, Stage 2 LPFP, OCC, Milltek Exhaust, DCI, Index 12 Injectors, 1 Step Colder NGK Plugs, Charge Pipe, Silicon Vac Lines.
(#67)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-06-2019, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry

I also think that we are missing some guidance to what is needed hardware wise and how the wiring is supposed to be setup to support both MHD BEF and the JB4 integration.
I am already using the Jb4 G5 and a custom tune from trebila, so how would that work together with Motiv BEF for flex fuel?
Do you know of any who have made this overview? I think if we knew what was needed (hardware) and got the installation instructions on the connection from sensor to JB4/ DME more people could volunteer and help as testers for you.

Best regards from a happy user
Jacob
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew85
Hi Terry,

I have a Flex Sensor and Analyser on the way. I planned to just run it to the JB4, not the factory DME. For these "Flex" maps to work, will they need the e85 signal going to the DME or can it get the reading from the JB4?

I assume there is no issue running the 5v signal wire to both either. So i can install it that way.

Either way i am keen to test. I'll shoot an email through.

Thanks
For us to use MHD's table the signal has to go in to the DME and then the JB4 reads it from the DME via CANbus. We have a setting in the JB4 called DTML FlexFuel input which you select and I have test firmware I can email you that has it activated.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobniell
Hi Terry

I also think that we are missing some guidance to what is needed hardware wise and how the wiring is supposed to be setup to support both MHD BEF and the JB4 integration.
I am already using the Jb4 G5 and a custom tune from trebila, so how would that work together with Motiv BEF for flex fuel?
Do you know of any who have made this overview? I think if we knew what was needed (hardware) and got the installation instructions on the connection from sensor to JB4/ DME more people could volunteer and help as testers for you.

Best regards from a happy user
Jacob
I think it's best to take a step back and determine what exactly you are trying to do. For example to you plan to switch between pump fuel and various E85 mixtures often?

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-11-2019, 04:44 AM

Quote:
I think it's best to take a step back and determine what exactly you are trying to do. For example to you plan to switch between pump fuel and various E85 mixtures often?
Yes I do actually plan on the Switching back and forth, as we here in Europe do not have full access to E85 mixtures and hence would like to have the flexibility to fill what ever on