N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#976)
Old

Car: M235i xDrive
Default 05-30-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
What fuel? Something is odd with timing here.
Shell V+ 93.

I also used the "RACE" back end flash since the description says Pump is allowed. It seems like I need to run an octane booster or something for that flash with JB4 on Map 2?
(#977)
Old

Car: 2014 535i M Sport
Default What does this mean? - 06-01-2019, 05:17 AM

6) Set FutureUseD #6 on. This is going to become the universal F series flag to let the JB4 know you've equipped the vehicle with a back end flash map triggering whatever tuning changes we want to happen on the JB4 end as a result.

I want to make sure I have my JB4 BEF setup correctly. I just went to the app via Bluetooth and entered the number 6 in FUD. Is the correct?

Nevermind I found the answer I clicked in the box and so the toggle switches. I’m now at 78. I’ve been driving a couple weeks at value 6. I hope I didn’t mess anything up!

Also what do I need to do with my waste gate? I hear a rattle on start up and it quiets down after the car is warmed up but when u rev I still hear a slight rattle.

I’m running a 2014 535i with MHD pwg3 map. I have a VRSF ******** and a BMS intake. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by CC424; 06-01-2019 at 05:52 AM..
(#978)
Old

Car: 2015 M235i
Default 06-01-2019, 07:44 AM

CC424, I had the same question. I can't get anything to toggle. When I click on the line next to the "Future Use D (Tap field for bits)" it goes to the next screen. That says FUD Options, then below is "Value" and another line. When I select the line, the numbers keyboard appears. How do you get it to toggle?
(#979)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC424
Also what do I need to do with my waste gate? I hear a rattle on start up and it quiets down after the car is warmed up but when u rev I still hear a slight rattle.

Im running a 2014 535i with MHD pwg3 map. I have a VRSF ******** and a BMS intake. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
We don't have any anti-rattle algorithms in place for the F series currently.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#980)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtwotreefif
CC424, I had the same question. I can't get anything to toggle. When I click on the line next to the "Future Use D (Tap field for bits)" it goes to the next screen. That says FUD Options, then below is "Value" and another line. When I select the line, the numbers keyboard appears. How do you get it to toggle?
We have a lot of interfaces and the mechanics will vary slightly between them. Screen shot?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#981)
Old

Car: 2014 435I
Default 06-01-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtwotreefif
Connect the app to the jb4 then look in there for the settings

'14 435I RWD MHD "Twisted Custom Tune" BigBoost Stage 3 Turbo PR Coils XHP Trans Tune GFB DV+ VRSF Race Cooler VRSF CP BMS Intake Borla ATAK Exhaust Custom Down-pipe 2 LPFP M Performance LSD Phoenix Racing PI Intake Manifold AIC2-P controller e85 3.5 TMAP NGK 5992 Plugs "0.020"
(#982)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 10:02 AM

Here is screen shots from settings
Attached Images

(#983)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 10:09 AM

main settings
Attached Images

(#984)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 08:52 PM

Terry, any idea how I input Future Use D for the BEF with my above JB4 app screen shots?
(#985)
Old

Car: 2014 535i M Sport
Default 06-02-2019, 09:41 AM

Terry... do I have to purchase map 2 from mhd if I have a jb4?
(#986)
Old

Car: 2013 535i
Default Firmware update - 06-06-2019, 10:49 PM

Hello,

Any new Firmware update for N55 f10 pwg. I have jb4 and want to use mhd bef. I have diode intact.

Thanks
(#987)
Old

Default Firmware update - 06-06-2019, 11:03 PM

Hello,

Any new Firmware update for N55 f10 pwg. I have jb4 and want to use mhd bef. I have diode intact.

Thanks
(#988)
Old

Car: BMW M235i
Default 06-10-2019, 02:56 AM

I am considering flashing my TCU with XHP app. According to MHD updates, there is a XHP option within their OTS maps to optimise the tune. My question is, is XHP flash compatible with JB4 and with your BMS BEF?

And anyone here using the XHP tune? Any thoughts or opinions with it?

Thanks!

2014 BMW M235i auto. JB4 & EWG connector + BEF (BMS EWG Race 10 map), 98 RON pump fuel (93 oct), BMS WMI kit (dual BM5 nozzles, 80% meth mix, boost additive 50, Scaling 60, min flow boost 7.0), GruppeM intake, ER CP, Forge BOV, Wagner Evo II competition intercooler, ER ******* **, eisenmann exhaust, quaife LSD.
(#989)
Old

Car: 2011 535i M-Sport
Default 06-10-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS
Hello,

Thanks
There doesn't appear to be. It's been almost a year since the last BEF update...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay-os
I am considering flashing my TCU with XHP app. According to MHD updates, there is a XHP option within their OTS maps to optimise the tune. My question is, is XHP flash compatible with JB4 and with your BMS BEF?

And anyone here using the XHP tune? Any thoughts or opinions with it?

Thanks!
I don't have any issues with the xHP flash. It's great. Now, I'm not sure what all can be improved or done for better integration, but I haven't had any issues.

I'm thinking about giving the regular MHD OTS maps a shot.

2011 535i M-Sport - JB4/MHD BEF, FMIC, Chargepipe, BMS Intake, Megan Supremo Exhaust
(#990)
Old

Default Leasons learned from the App Flash Newbie - 06-14-2019, 09:14 AM

I have a good bit of experience tuning and flashing cars, motorcycles and side by sides. I even went to the EFI University. This phone App flashing is new to me. I learned a few things and thought I would share for others that might run across similar issues.

1. I couldn't figure out how to "turn on Future Use D", or "FUD" as I later learned. It wasn't until I found an obscure post that the JB4 app needs to be connected to the JB4 for the toggle to show up to change it. I asked on several posts with no replies.

2. When I tried to flash the MHD flasher. It would start the process, erase sector 1 and begin to write and it would freeze at 0 or 1%. I tried different OTG cables, different K Dcan cables, different devices. I even bought a new Galaxy tab. Nothing worked. My DME was semi-bricked and the car wouldn't start. I emailed MHD. Triple checked my steps to flash. I finally found the problem when I switched out a battery charger. I had it hooked up for several days, then switched to one that had a percentage readout. It only read 67% after several days on the charger with the battery unhooked from the car. I tested the battery and BAM, bad battery. I had no idea it was bad. That is why the flash would freeze.

Once I got a new battery. I still couldn't get it to work on my Samsung S8+ with the Bimmergeeks cable and OTG adapter cable. It would say "Failed to authenticate Coding could not be read" then "Failed to write the DME. Coding could not be read". Once again I emailed MHD. Turns out when I originally tried to flash the car with my rooted Amazon Fire 10 tablet and a BMS cable, the car's VIN.bin file was on the Fire tablet and not the Samsung phone. After spending an hour learning how to transfer files from a Fire tablet to a phone, it finally worked!

So, make sure your battery is good. What ever device you use to start the process has the VIN.bin file you need to complete the flash.

I have since loaded MHD and BMS BEF. I alos did the XHP TCU flash. What a difference. This thing is BA.

Hope this helps someone.
(#991)
Old

Car: 2014 335i m-sport
Default 06-14-2019, 12:00 PM

A bit curious, will we see a full e85 BEF for the jb4 anytime since MHD apparently has been able to do that for some of their tunes.

F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 3 / 30% e85 / 50:50 Meth
(#992)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2019, 01:33 PM

You can run full E85 with our back end flash maps. But the high pressure fuel pump can't keep up so you'll have to upgrade that or run lower power levels to pull it off.

Burger Motorsports

(#993)
Old

Car: BMW M235i
Default 06-21-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay

I don't have any issues with the xHP flash. It's great. Now, I'm not sure what all can be improved or done for better integration, but I haven't had any issues.

I'm thinking about giving the regular MHD OTS maps a shot.
Thanks for your reply. I just flashed my TCU with XHP app and it's great. Before flashing, I changed to Map 0 (just in case) and unplugged the JB4 from the OBD-II. No issues at all.

Comfort and drive mode feels more responsive on the street. I like how you can control the shift speed with the comfort/sport/sport+ setting. Very smooth and no more jerkiness. Shifts are fast at sport+ setting.

On another note, I have selected the performance coolant option from the MHD app. It's quite amazing. In comfort and D mode (street driving), water temp was <96 degree C (<205 F) and oil temp <108 degree C (<226 F). In sport or sport+ setting, water temp 85-90 degree C (185-194 F) and oil temps <105 degree C (<221 F).

2014 BMW M235i auto. JB4 & EWG connector + BEF (BMS EWG Race 10 map), 98 RON pump fuel (93 oct), BMS WMI kit (dual BM5 nozzles, 80% meth mix, boost additive 50, Scaling 60, min flow boost 7.0), GruppeM intake, ER CP, Forge BOV, Wagner Evo II competition intercooler, ER ******* **, eisenmann exhaust, quaife LSD.
(#994)
Old

Default 07-05-2019, 11:11 PM

so is the mhd bef for big turbo specifically for n55 f10?