(#51)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 12-31-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ Fuel-it!
Hey guys,

Just wanted to take a second to wish you all a great rest of 2016. We truly appreciate all the support you've shown us!

We look forward to seeing all of you making some big power in 2017!

Sincerely,

FUEL-IT!

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#52)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-31-2016, 03:51 PM

🖒🖒

Jb4 g5 , bms dci, er fmic , active d.ps , bms charge pipe, tial bov -2008 335i
(#53)
Old

Default 01-07-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
We'll see if we can get that same setup on the dyno this Friday to see what this fuel pump will support.
Already test it?
(#54)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 01-07-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roywillems
Already test it?
With the holiday / New Year it was tough. We hope to be on the dyno shortly!

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#55)
Old

Car: n54 335xi
Default 01-09-2017, 08:53 PM

In for results.
(#56)
Old

Default 01-10-2017, 07:57 AM

I need more mods on my mod list like I need a hole in my head. **sigh** okay Steve, now I have this added to my ever growing mod list! (I mean really, who needs retirement savings when you can do 11 second quarter mile pulls!!??? :D )

Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:
JB4/MHD/Trebila tune, xHP stg3, BMS OCC, BMS DCI, VSRF ceramic 3", ER Charge Pipe w/ Forge DVs, AMS Intercooler, Fuel-It Stg3+ LPFP, Pheonix Intake W/ PI, MMPe twin 1k's

Suspension:
Front & Rear 1M/M3 control arms & Subframe Bushings, MFactory YCW Coils tuned for e88

Exhaust:
Berk Street Performance Axle-back w/ Berk Resonated Midpipes
(#57)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Default 01-10-2017, 08:15 AM

Sent you an email this morning @Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!

MR F30 335i - MSport - Stock AF
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 01-10-2017, 07:10 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the delay but we finally got the car on the dynojet today to put some horsepower numbers to the new Stage 2 bucketless setup.

This was done on our 135i that is running our Platinum Port Injection kit on Arizona's "E85" (E52). It's running the latest BMS E85 flash that targets 11.9:1.

600whp was no problem, not bad for a single pump that is plug and play, under $400 and you still get to keep your original LPFP for returning to stock or dealer visits.

Name:  log.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  41.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0807.JPG
Views: 855
Size:  79.0 KB
Attached Files
File Type: csv 26psi.csv (6.4 KB, 107 views)

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#59)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 01-10-2017, 08:31 PM

Cool stuff. Just curious as to whether the new bucketless pump (w/ the T-style filter) have any other advantages aside from the slightly higher flow rate. I have the old stage 2 pump with the stock bucket.

Fuel starvation with the stock bucket design has yet to be the issue yet for me, even while pulling +1.2g around the notorious carousel at road america. But if the new filter design offers even better flow at high lateral G than the stock design, I think it would be a good peace of mind to have, considering fuel starvation can lead to lean condition and even detonation.

Just not sure it would make sense to upgrade, since the only complaint I have with the current pump so far is the inaccurate fuel gauge when the fuel level is above 3/4, which isn't a huge deal just a bit annoying. I double checked my install once, and there was plenty of clearance for the float from all the fuel line. So I guess the sensor float was not seated correctly or something.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-11-2017, 12:14 PM

Better flow rates is the biggest gain. If you aren't having any starvation issue with the bucket and flows are sufficient, I'd stick with that.

As for the fuel sensor, you may have a bad connection or ??? The sensor is just a big variable resistor and we don't really see those go bad. You could always swap it out to verify. If your tank doesn't read full, then it is my guess that the entire pump assembly may have been rotated and the float is hitting the side of the tank. Take a picture of the tophat with lockring in place. The vent lines should be at the 6 and 12 o'clock positions. If they have rotated, the collar has been moved and that is your issue.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#61)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 01-11-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Better flow rates is the biggest gain. If you aren't having any starvation issue with the bucket and flows are sufficient, I'd stick with that.

As for the fuel sensor, you may have a bad connection or ??? The sensor is just a big variable resistor and we don't really see those go bad. You could always swap it out to verify. If your tank doesn't read full, then it is my guess that the entire pump assembly may have been rotated and the float is hitting the side of the tank. Take a picture of the tophat with lockring in place. The vent lines should be at the 6 and 12 o'clock positions. If they have rotated, the collar has been moved and that is your issue.
Got it, appreciate the reply. Just too lazy to deal with it unless I have some other reason to pull the unit out again.

Think I will stay with the old unit until I go ST and when there is a more elegant solution to the partial throttle issues with port injection kits.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2017, 09:45 AM

Hey guys,

Wanted to address a few common questions about this setup that have been asked lately.

Q. What are the advantages to a bucketless set up?
Answers...
  • More flow potential as shown in our back to back testing between a bucketless and standard Stage 2 upgrade
  • Plug and play setup with no modifications
  • You can keep your stock bucket to return to stock and for dealer visits
  • Wiring harness remains stock and new pump comes with an oem style connector, there is no splicing of wires.
Q. What happens when the bucket is removed and I drive aggressively under low fuel conditions?
A. If you are running our standard filter and accelerate or corner aggressively under very low fuel conditions, you can run in to fuel starvation issues. Driving normally until the gauge displays ---- is not an issue as shown in the videos and we have done numerous times for testing. If you want to drive aggressively under low fuel conditions, we'd recommend running one of our upgraded fuel filters to eliminate possible issues.

Q. Won't the pump overheat if it's not submerged in fuel.
A. No, the pump is running fuel through it that regulates the temperature much like any other pump. Most pumps aren't submerged and the liquid running through them is what provides cooling.

Q. What happens if I need to upgrade later to make more power.
A. Since you still have your stock bucket, you can send that in to be upgraded to our Stage 3 or Stage 4 setup. Once you receive your upgraded pump, you can then sell your Stage 2 bucketless setup. In addition, we aren't done developing this concept, there will be more to come.

Q. BMW designed the system with a bucket for a reason.
A. That is correct, and as we've mentioned, if you run the car hard under low fuel conditions, we'd recommend running one of our upgraded fuel filters. This resolves any fuel pick up issues but isn't necessary for most people. In addition, BMW does not use a fuel bucket for all of their applications, some of them run a similar setups.

Here are a couple examples.

The 5-Series F10's, the 535i's went from running a bucket up until 2009 back to a bucketless setup for the new F10's and this includes the M5.
Name:  F10.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  44.7 KB

The new 6-Series F12's including the M6 also went back to a bucketless setup...

Name:  f12.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  47.6 KB

(#63)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 01-12-2017, 10:03 AM

Way to go Steve!!!

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#64)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-20-2017, 05:46 PM

Hi guys,

We will have more details shortly, but we received countless questions about possible Bucketless upgrade options. Well, here it is!!! We did some test fitting yesterday for our stage 4 Bucketless option. A few small revisions will be made, and then these will head out to production. If your power goals exceed 600-ish whp, be sure to check this out
Attached Images

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
(#65)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-21-2017, 09:24 AM

Update for all of our current and future stage 2 bucketless users who were asking about the stage 4 bucketless ETA:

The Stage 4 bucketless brackets have been finalized & are off to production. We should have them completed by the end of next week

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
(#66)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 02-21-2017, 04:57 PM

Will the large mat style filter work with the stage 4 set up?

07 335i AT/CUSTOM 6870 GEN2 ST/VAC ENGINE AND STAGE 3 HEAD/FABFACTORY INTAKE W/PI/1000HP AD FMIC/FUEL IT STAGE 3 LPFP/HKS BOV/BL COILS/DUAL OIL COOLERS/RB EXTERNAL PCV/PD TRANY W COOLER/M3 FRONT N REAR SUSPENSION W/ROUGE BEARINGS/HOTCHKIS ADJUSTABLE END LINKS/ADUSTABLE REAR TOE ARMS AND CAMBER LINKS/EIBACH SWAYBARS/BC RACING BR COILOVERS AND CAMBER PLATES/AKG REAR SUBFRAME, DIFF, REAR SHOCK BUSHINGS/POWER FLEX BUSHINGS/WAVETRAC REAR DIFF WITH DEFIV BRACE AND VAC COVER/4IN EXHAUST
(#67)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 02-21-2017, 07:42 PM

Am I the only one thinking what an easy breezy install this is over having to finagle the bucket in/out.
(#68)
Old

Car: 335i sedan
Default 02-21-2017, 08:44 PM

Hello, I was trying to research but can't find anything. How much e85 can you run with the stage 2 bucketless?
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichale
Will the large mat style filter work with the stage 4 set up?
There will be the standard filter option and we will have a filter upgrade available but it will not be available initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt20011
Am I the only one thinking what an easy breezy install this is over having to finagle the bucket in/out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino_86
Hello, I was trying to research but can't find anything. How much e85 can you run with the stage 2 bucketless?
On a true E85 with port injection, about 575whp give or take based on AFR targets. We did 609whp on E54 targeting 11.9:1

(#70)
Old

Car: BMW 335 CSI
Default 02-25-2017, 04:28 AM

Thanks Steve just hit the Dyno with Alex from TNT Racewerks here in NY with my new Stage 2 bucketless and reached 594whp....maybe not the record for a convertible but guessing it is a pretty fair average lol

Sleeper edition Cabrio 3 series

Performance: JB4/G5 ISO MHD Flash, RB's and HiFlow oil returns, BMS DCI, PLM ***, cp-e FMIC & OC, aFe scoops & Throttle body spacer, Alpina TCU Flash, Stage 2 LPFP bucketless and Platinum PI by SteveAz, Mspec LSD, Cp-e charge with tial BOV, RB inlets and VTT outlets (let them fight my car doesn't care)
(#71)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-25-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seavita
Thanks Steve just hit the Dyno with Alex from TNT Racewerks here in NY with my new Stage 2 bucketless and reached 594whp....maybe not the record for a convertible but guessing it is a pretty fair average lol
I saw your results on IG- awesome work for sure!

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
(#72)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-25-2017, 09:31 AM

Great, congrats! We'll be sure to re-post your results!

(#73)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-01-2017, 12:27 PM

Our first few brackets are in for our Stage 4 Bucketless LPFP Assemblies

We have already started assembly- these should be ready to go shortly!
Attached Images

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
(#74)
Old

Default 06-28-2019, 11:23 AM

How important is the large vent tube clip?

nine happened to snap during install. Absolutely necessary to replace it? It the tube fits pretty snug as is.

09 e90335i 6mt
15 F15 X5
17 Subaru Forester XT
(#75)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-28-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshaw13
How important is the large vent tube clip?

nine happened to snap during install. Absolutely necessary to replace it? It the tube fits pretty snug as is.
I'd replace:

BMW Large vent tube clip - FUEL-IT!

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062