N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default New Fuel-It! Stage 2 bucketless LPFP - 12-15-2016, 04:09 PM

Hey All,

We've been doing quite a bit of R&D lately, working on a lot of products and finally got everything in for our new Stage 2 bucketless LPFP. In this thread we'll be publishing videos, install procedures, and options.

To start with, here is a brief video overview of the pump assembly and a side by side comparison with our standard Stage 2 pump.

Most are going to ask why we developed this and what the pros and cons are over our current Stage 2.

There were two reasons for this development:

First, and foremost we wanted to provide more flow and better pressures. As you can see in the video we increased flows by approximately 27%. Second, we wanted to eliminate the need to modify the stock bucket and core deposits or DIY projects.

Stage 2 bucketless accomplishes all of those by enabling you to order a true plug and play assembly with no modifications or core exchange and achieve greater flows. This allows you to return to stock at any time should you decide to sell the car or take it to the dealer for service.

Our Stage 2 bucketless assembly will include a standard filter. With this filter in our testing you can run the fuel down to 1/16 of a tank and still be able to do full throttle pulls without fuel starvation issues. We were then able to run the tank down to zero miles showing but hard accelerations would lead to fuel starvation. Normal accelerations and casual driving was not an issue. The cost for this option will be $399.95 and we will begin taking orders on Monday Dec. 19th.

Here is a video testing with the standard filter and the tank showing empty. We did 3 accelerations like this with the tank showing empty before we ran in to fuel starvation issues.

Here's another video showing us doing a 40-120mph pull with the tank on reserve (showing 22 miles remaining) with the S2BL and the standard filter.

Here is the video demonstrating how to assembly the new Stage 2 bucketless assembly.

In addition to this option we will have 2 other custom filter options that will be available in the next few weeks.

Option 1. This filter is for those that run their tank in low fuel conditions while still doing hard pulls and full throttle accelerations. Price to be determined once the production run has been completed.

Option 2. This filter will be for those canyon carvers or road course guys (and gals) that do a lot of cornering under low fuel conditions. If you're a track person this will be the filter we'll recommend for you. Price to be determined after the production run is completed. We will have the first batch of these filters in next week.

Here is the video demonstrating our Stage 2 Bucketless assembly with the option 2 T-style filter assembly.

Dyno testing to see what kind of power Stage 2 bucketless will support.

Answers to a few common questions about this setup that have been asked lately.

Q. What are the advantages to a bucketless set up?
Answers...
  • More flow potential as shown in our back to back testing between a bucketless and standard Stage 2 upgrade
  • Plug and play setup with no modifications
  • You can keep your stock bucket to return to stock and for dealer visits
  • Wiring harness remains stock and new pump comes with an oem style connector, there is no splicing of wires.
Q. What happens when the bucket is removed and I drive aggressively under low fuel conditions?
A. If you are running our standard filter and accelerate or corner aggressively under very low fuel conditions, you can run in to fuel starvation issues. Driving normally until the gauge displays ---- is not an issue as shown in the videos and we have done numerous times for testing. If you want to drive aggressively under low fuel conditions, we'd recommend running one of our upgraded fuel filters to eliminate possible issues.

Q. Won't the pump overheat if it's not submerged in fuel.
A. No, the pump is running fuel through it that regulates the temperature much like any other pump. Most pumps aren't submerged and the liquid running through them is what provides cooling.

Q. What happens if I need to upgrade later to make more power.
A. Since you still have your stock bucket, you can send that in to be upgraded to our Stage 3 or Stage 4 setup. Once you receive your upgraded pump, you can then sell your Stage 2 bucketless setup. In addition, we aren't done developing this concept, there will be more to come.

Q. BMW designed the system with a bucket for a reason.
A. That is correct, and as we've mentioned, if you run the car hard under low fuel conditions, we'd recommend running one of our upgraded fuel filters. This resolves any fuel pick up issues but isn't necessary for most people. In addition, BMW does not use a fuel bucket for all of their applications, some of them run a similar setups.

Here are a couple examples.

The 5-Series F10's, the 535i's went from running a bucket up until 2009 back to a bucketless setup for the new F10's and this includes the M5.

Name:  F10.jpg
Views: 2616
Size:  44.7 KB

The new 6-Series F12's including the M6 also went back to a bucketless setup...

Name:  f12.jpg
Views: 2584
Size:  47.6 KB

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us at info@fuel-it.com

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 01-12-2017 at 10:04 AM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 12-15-2016, 04:29 PM

When is it available?

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 12-15-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan
When is it available?
Monday - Dec 19th

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#4)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 12-15-2016, 05:22 PM

Is there any possibility of this being compatible with the e89? Or any possible development or can this be made via special request?

Thanks.

Single Turbo Z4 that's constantly broken
(#5)
Old

Car: 535 2008
Default 12-15-2016, 05:27 PM

what about for the e60??

2015 535 - JB4 - VRSF pipe- Burger Intake - Straight piped - MHD Backend Flash
(#6)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 12-15-2016, 05:45 PM

That's awesome Steve, great work as always!

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliesN54
Is there any possibility of this being compatible with the e89? Or any possible development or can this be made via special request?

Thanks.
I'm sorry but there are a few hurdles to overcome for that platform.

1. Tank and bucket are completely different.

2. There just aren't enough of you guys to merit such a project and a 1 off or even 10 would not be feasible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrejo
what about for the e60??
Again, a completely different setup that doesn't have the numbers to support this kind of development. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
That's awesome Steve, great work as always!
Thank you...

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2016, 08:13 PM

Awesome! The simplicity and higher efficiency is a win/win. Can't wait to start stocking these for our customers.

Love the video too.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 12-15-2016, 08:16 PM

Well if my current stage 2 flows just short of what I want Ill be picking up one of those.

Garrett Gtw 6465, Supporting mods , Mhd/Jb4
(#10)
Old

Car: 2010 535i M-Sport
Default 12-15-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Again, a completely different setup that doesn't have the numbers to support this kind of development. Sorry!
Damn, I was so stoked that I would not need to source a bucket to send in

'15 435i ///M Sport
CTS Intake VRSF CP/Race FMIC/D P MHD S2+ E20
Sold - '10 535i ///M Sport - FBO
(#11)
Old
Legend

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 12-15-2016, 10:03 PM

I have been putting off this purchase for awhile. This time my procrastination paid off! Nice work Steve! I'll have to snag one after I buy your port meth injection.

2011 E92 335i Auto
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
11.7 @ 120MPH E30 MHD / 0-60 3.66
Sold

2014 E84 X1 35i 12.75 @ 107MPH / 0-60 4.55 / 293 AWHP 305 AWTQ When stock
VRSF Chargepipe | BMS Intake | JB4 ISO | N20 TMAP | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet | XHP Stage 2 | BMS Methanol Injection |
(#12)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 12-16-2016, 01:11 AM

Great work! When you think it does not get any better then you see again new innovations!
Thanks for your great products Steve!

F21 M140i - 100-200: 6.95
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.47 60-130: 5.16
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.45, 60-130: 5.1
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#13)
Old

Default 12-16-2016, 07:07 AM

Could you provide some approximate figures for what the fueling with this is good for? E.g. around 700WHP on straight E85? Or XXX WHP on E50?
(#14)
Old

Default 12-16-2016, 08:04 AM

Well done!
(#15)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 12-16-2016, 09:51 AM

Very cool. Ridiculous of me to ask considering you just released this, but any plans to do this bucketless-approach with a stage 3 setup?

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk
Could you provide some approximate figures for what the fueling with this is good for? E.g. around 700WHP on straight E85? Or XXX WHP on E50?
We haven't put it on the dyno with a car that can max is out yet. I think we're going to be looking at more like 600whp but we'll pull the Stage 4 out of the 135i and get it on the dyno soon to see what we max it out at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreynolds
Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000
Very cool. Ridiculous of me to ask considering you just released this, but any plans to do this bucketless-approach with a stage 3 setup?
We're always innovating and looking forward.

What I will say, is we have our new Stage 4 available and that fuel ceiling is pretty high. So I don't know that the additional expense will be necessary and those pump setups also require additional accessories. So we'll have to see what the future holds.

(#17)
Old

Car: 335i, 2009
Default 12-16-2016, 12:36 PM

Nicely Done Steve! As Terry said, this is a efficiency at its finest. Same Head pressure, same Amp draw, yet you are able to increase the flow substantially. Huge props! Wish I was pulling enough fuel to require me to get your Stage 2 option. I've been modified for 65K miles, and have been extremely lucky with my LPFP. I'll be calling you first of course when my LPFP goes south.

335i E90 2009 ///M Sport Auto
Mods: | Wagner Intercooler | MeowPipe | Meth-Trunk | JB4 | Pump_Back_End_Flash | Fuel-it! Stage 2
Drivetrain--------ForgeStar F14 Wheels 18" (245 & 275 PS4) | XHP L3 Transmission Flash | Wavetrac LSD
Suspension-------KW V3 Coil Overs| M3 RSF Bushings and Dif Bushings | H&R Sways

X5 50i 2013 ///M Sport
BMS Stage 1

(#18)
Old

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 12-16-2016, 03:20 PM

Hey Steve, what if I already purchased the current stage 2 lpfp? Can I return it and exchange it for this new bucketless?

I was actually going to install it today after work but I just saw this post. Thanks

09 335xi AT, Pure Stage 2 'DD' turbos, JB4 G5 ISO w/anti-lag, MHD Trebila tune, xHP Stage 3, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP, NGK 1 step colder plugs, BMS meth kit w/dual cm7, BMS DCI, VTT inlets/outlet, RB PCV valve, BMS OCC, N20 tmap, Cyba Scoops, Lux H8 160, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF **, Custom exhaust, VRSF Chargepipe, GFB SV50 BOV, ER Sport Series Oil Cooler, UUC front sway, M3 rear sway w/powerflex bushings, BC Racing coilovers, Hawk HPS 5.0 brake pads
(#19)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW E90 335i
Default 12-16-2016, 03:45 PM

Interesting.

What's your take on pump longevity and cooling without having a bucket full of fuel?

Also, did you do cornering tests with low fuel, in particular a hard turn to the right?

Any pics of this filter contraption? How does it keep the fuel at the pump during hard acceleration or cornering?

Is there a filter option for both acceleration and cornering?

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanometer
Nicely Done Steve! As Terry said, this is a efficiency at its finest. Same Head pressure, same Amp draw, yet you are able to increase the flow substantially. Huge props! Wish I was pulling enough fuel to require me to get your Stage 2 option. I've been modified for 65K miles, and have been extremely lucky with my LPFP. I'll be calling you first of course when my LPFP goes south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUST8AV8
Hey Steve, what if I already purchased the current stage 2 lpfp? Can I return it and exchange it for this new bucketless?

I was actually going to install it today after work but I just saw this post. Thanks
You'll need to email us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02
Interesting.

What's your take on pump longevity and cooling without having a bucket full of fuel?

Also, did you do cornering tests with low fuel, in particular a hard turn to the right?

Any pics of this filter contraption? How does it keep the fuel at the pump during hard acceleration or cornering?

Is there a filter option for both acceleration and cornering?
These pumps are set up in that configuration regularly and that was how they were designed to run.

We have two additional filter options as you are correct, the standard filter is not optimal for running under low fuel conditions with hard cornering or hard accelerations. It's merely the least expensive option.

Yes, the lesser expensive of the two filter options spans the front of the tank to the back of the tank so hard accelerations aren't an issue under low fuel conditions. The other option is a T style filter and extends from the front of the tank to the rear of the tank and to each side of the tank.

(#21)
Old

Car: '11 e90 335i
Default 12-16-2016, 09:29 PM

Does this work for n55 too?
(#22)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 12-16-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manberg
Does this work for n55 too?
This is compatible with E-Series N55

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#23)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 12-17-2016, 06:02 AM

Working on the f chassis version too right?

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | JB4/ACF Performance w/BM3 | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
(#24)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E93
Default 12-17-2016, 08:13 PM

Awesome. I'll be ordering this tomorrow. No more excuses for procrastinating.
The only thing holding me back previously was dealing with returning the stock bucket.
(#25)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 12-17-2016, 09:46 PM

Hoping something similar will be released for the E60 .