N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2976)
Old

Car: 335i N54 2008
Default 04-28-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepEddy
So I have been sticking with map 2 and a E60 +/- mix. The plan was and is to get PI and get some more boost. Unfortunately I had a injector go bad, so I finally took a good look at mine and I had four index 5 and two index 9, so I replaced all six with new index 12. Along with a few other unexpected expenses PI is delayed for a few months. I still would like to get a bit more then map 2 has to offer so I been looking at my current setup. I am running meth with a single CM10 in the charge pipe. Would map 8 be a better option for me ? Is there any info on setting it up or do I just set my boost safety and go. Been looking into it but not to much map 8 info out there.
as per my personal experience
With Single turbo setup, and as per my logs & their settings i just revised for you..

map 8, 10cm , and set meth additive to 30 to 35
should get around 18 psi for additive 30 and 20 psi with additive 35.

set your boost safety to 23 or 25

higher than 20 psi.. you need to upgrade fuel system as you stated.. or do a dual nozzle setup.. with dual nozzles running 10cm + 10cm you can reach additive 55 = 26PSI.

set
Meth trigger = 1
Meth safety =3

so it works on map 8

all settings and figures above are from my 3 year personal experience with Single turbo setups, and worked fine for me and our local N54 guys

you should be good to go.

2008 335i N54 FFtech Top Mount single turbo Precision 5862
JB4 G5 , VRSF 7" FMIC , VRSF CP + HKS BOV, Tial Wastegates
BMS METH KIT IN CONJUNCTION WITH MMP PI WITH 1055CC INJECTORS, PURE M1 METH,TMAP 3.5,
FUEL-IT STAGE2 BUCKETLESS LPFP, RB PCV. CUSTOM TUNE, xHP Stage2 v1.5
more to come...
(#2977)
Old

Car: E92
Default 04-28-2019, 04:51 AM

Thank you for sharing, I was not sure for an additive starting point but you answered it spot on.
(#2978)
Old

Car: 335i
Default weird AFR on Idle. - 05-07-2019, 07:45 AM

jb4 screen - YouTube

Is this AFR normal on IDLE???

single turbo with ADV sensor .

ALways like this when stop the car for signal while driving.
(#2979)
Old

Default 05-07-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious
as per my personal experience
With Single turbo setup, and as per my logs & their settings i just revised for you..

map 8, 10cm , and set meth additive to 30 to 35
should get around 18 psi for additive 30 and 20 psi with additive 35.

set your boost safety to 23 or 25

higher than 20 psi.. you need to upgrade fuel system as you stated.. or do a dual nozzle setup.. with dual nozzles running 10cm + 10cm you can reach additive 55 = 26PSI.

set
Meth trigger = 1
Meth safety =3

so it works on map 8

all settings and figures above are from my 3 year personal experience with Single turbo setups, and worked fine for me and our local N54 guys

you should be good to go.
what's your fuel bias setting for PI ???
are you running with 1 x 10cm meth?
also running with Port injector for E85???
(#2980)
Old

Default 05-07-2019, 08:20 AM

No PI currently.
1 10cm only on the charge pipe.
65 os the fuel bias i believe.

Here are two logs from this weekend . Posted logs in support and noone replied ; (
Attached Files
File Type: csv 5 3 19 map 8.csv (14.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: csv 5 3 19.csv (14.1 KB, 52 views)
(#2981)
Old

Default 05-08-2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07335i
what's your fuel bias setting for PI ???
are you running with 1 x 10cm meth?
also running with Port injector for E85???
im running pure meth VP m1 thru the PI .. my fuel bias settings are all 50 since the MMP kit came with 1050cc injectors .. the Jb4 and PI control unit equal afr/trims out for me as long as i stay below 28psi.. above from that i increase bias from 4500rpm

BMS METH KIT IN CONJUNCTION WITH MMP PI WITH 1055CC INJECTORS, PURE M1 METH,TMAP 3.5,
more to come...
(#2982)
Old

Default 05-08-2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepEddy
No PI currently.
1 10cm only on the charge pipe.
65 os the fuel bias i believe.

Here are two logs from this weekend . Posted logs in support and noone replied ; (

Hi Eddy,

logs look good, i wouldn't recommend doing launches below 60mph on higher boost tho, it takes its toll on the trans/engine/diff

from this point on, you could target boost a bit higher with Additive: 35

then thats it... any higher you need twin nozzle setup

more to come...
(#2983)
Old

Default 05-08-2019, 02:35 AM

Thanks will definetly give it a try. PI is where I really need to go.
(#2984)
Old

Default 05-12-2019, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious
Hi Eddy,

logs look good, i wouldn't recommend doing launches below 60mph on higher boost tho, it takes its toll on the trans/engine/diff

from this point on, you could target boost a bit higher with Additive: 35

then thats it... any higher you need twin nozzle setup
what do you set the meth scale?
cause I have a pi and bms meth. there is no value on meth. was meth scale 99 and meth trigger 1 and meth safety 3. jb4 map 2 with 4 bar map sensor. think should have some value in mteh doesn it?
(#2985)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-15-2019, 03:29 PM

For NLS on new firmware manuals need to make sure that auto shift reduction is set to 0 so the JB4 knows you are manual trans.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2986)
Old

Default 05-15-2019, 05:06 PM

Wow thanks Terry, I had 60 on auto shift reduction.
(#2987)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-24-2019, 02:15 PM

I installed the DOC race ST kit on my N54 335xi a few months ago.
I have an issue were whether I'm on JB4 map 1 or 2, the boost targets and hits 17psi.

I have the spring setup in the Tial waste gates at 11.5psi. The car runs fine and double checking the vacuum line routing, seems to be correct with the MAC solenoid.

I need to run the car on JB4 map 1 with waste gate pressure only so I can provide some comparison data logs to my pro tuner. However the data logs between map 1 and 2 are almost identical. I have been running the car on 91 octane.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
(#2988)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 07-26-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faulal
I installed the DOC race ST kit on my N54 335xi a few months ago.
I have an issue were whether I'm on JB4 map 1 or 2, the boost targets and hits 17psi.

I have the spring setup in the Tial waste gates at 11.5psi. The car runs fine and double checking the vacuum line routing, seems to be correct with the MAC solenoid.

I need to run the car on JB4 map 1 with waste gate pressure only so I can provide some comparison data logs to my pro tuner. However the data logs between map 1 and 2 are almost identical. I have been running the car on 91 octane.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
WG placement is trash on the doc race kits

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#2989)
Old

Car: 2010 135i msport
Default 08-14-2019, 05:45 PM

I just installed a 6466 precision turbo on my n54. I got the kit used, so I'm not sure on the waste gate spring psi.

Map1 shows about 16psi. When I switched to map 2, boost spiked at ~17 psi. So, assuming everything was going as it should, I switched to map 3. But, boost will not go above~18 psi.

With the car off, I can hear the Mac solenoid clicking then the gas pedal is 40%-60%. The solenoid doesn't click with the pedal "floored". Any ideas or advice? Thanks for your time.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2019-08-14 15_13_09_Map-3.csv (12.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: csv 1565822790745_0_2019-08-13 17_15_59_Map-2.csv (13.3 KB, 16 views)
(#2990)
Old

Car: 335i 6MT, DCI, FMIC, DP, COBB, HR RACE SPRING HOTCHKIS SWAYBAR, KONI ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS, UUC SSK DSSR
Default 08-29-2019, 05:42 PM

This post will likely be for Terry however i'm open to suggestions from all. I have a bit of a unique vehicle that I'm trying to get finished up for a friend but we are encountering a 2ABC code which is putting the vehicle into limp. The vehicle has a new engine, single turbo, and a DCT swap into an E82 so it uses a different DME configuration then what it came with. It was originally an IJE0S and is now configured as an INA0S as a 335is to accommodate the DCT. This code and issue came up about 1000 miles after the work was all performed and was relatively fine until we did some tuning pulls. Once we parked the vehicle the next time we started it we got this code. it wasn't consistent at first it would come and go every once in a while but now it is solid. I checked the harness and didn't see and corrosion to the N20 sensor and then traced the harness in the bay from there and no damage to the sheathing so I assume all the wiring inside it is fine. Decided next to replace the sensor so we replaced it and the code still persists. I then figured perhaps the back end wasn't correct so I tried reflashing some old ones that never had the issue occur on them and the issue still persists. I took a look at the JB4 harness to see if I could find a loose or bent pin in it but am not sure where this particular sensor's wiring would be in the harness. I took apart the connectors and all the pins seemed intact except one which I saw a very slightly bent pin that was a bit lost along with another that was a bit lose. As far as I can tell it's still lining up with the right pin receiver and making contact so I don't think that would be the issue tried pressing on the wires behind the pin to ensure they were connected when the connectors were pressed back together. at this point, I suspect the JB4 board or the harness any suggestions of ways to test this or what to look for?
(#2991)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-30-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwilde
This post will likely be for Terry however i'm open to suggestions from all. I have a bit of a unique vehicle that I'm trying to get finished up for a friend but we are encountering a 2ABC code which is putting the vehicle into limp. The vehicle has a new engine, single turbo, and a DCT swap into an E82 so it uses a different DME configuration then what it came with. It was originally an IJE0S and is now configured as an INA0S as a 335is to accommodate the DCT. This code and issue came up about 1000 miles after the work was all performed and was relatively fine until we did some tuning pulls. Once we parked the vehicle the next time we started it we got this code. it wasn't consistent at first it would come and go every once in a while but now it is solid. I checked the harness and didn't see and corrosion to the N20 sensor and then traced the harness in the bay from there and no damage to the sheathing so I assume all the wiring inside it is fine. Decided next to replace the sensor so we replaced it and the code still persists. I then figured perhaps the back end wasn't correct so I tried reflashing some old ones that never had the issue occur on them and the issue still persists. I took a look at the JB4 harness to see if I could find a loose or bent pin in it but am not sure where this particular sensor's wiring would be in the harness. I took apart the connectors and all the pins seemed intact except one which I saw a very slightly bent pin that was a bit lost along with another that was a bit lose. As far as I can tell it's still lining up with the right pin receiver and making contact so I don't think that would be the issue tried pressing on the wires behind the pin to ensure they were connected when the connectors were pressed back together. at this point, I suspect the JB4 board or the harness any suggestions of ways to test this or what to look for?
Does the car throw the code with the JB4 out?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2992)
Old

Car: 335i 6MT, DCI, FMIC, DP, COBB, HR RACE SPRING HOTCHKIS SWAYBAR, KONI ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS, UUC SSK DSSR
Default 08-30-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Does the car throw the code with the JB4 out?
Unsure, haven't removed it yet as the way it's wired in there with the other controllers is pretty tight and gonna require the contents of the DME box to come out to do so. I can start by doing that however will I see issues with the power feed for the JB4 being left in place so I have to fully remove it or can I start it just with the main harnesses disconnected. It does still throw the code with the JB4 set to map 0 which I assumed eliminated any sort of firmware or software issues but obviously no hardware as it's still there in line. I was hoping for a way to maybe pin test it first before doing so.

Last edited by pwilde; 08-30-2019 at 05:58 PM..
(#2993)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwilde
This post will likely be for Terry however i'm open to suggestions from all. I have a bit of a unique vehicle that I'm trying to get finished up for a friend but we are encountering a 2ABC code which is putting the vehicle into limp.
Just means the TMAP signal isn't reading right or is scaled wrong. JB4 log at idle?

Burger Motorsports