N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 535xi wagon manual transmission
Default Anyone install one of the wastegate rattle repair kits? - 07-03-2019, 03:19 PM

Hi, I'm planning on removing the turbos from my E61 next month and have ordered one of the VTT wastegate rattle repair kits which I will have a local shop install for me since I'm not a machinist. I'll remove the turbos myself. Just curious because in all my googling I'm not finding anyone else's experiences with these kits. Turbo Labs of America has a nice video showing how to install the kit but I thought someone else would have shown their experience. Thanks.
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 07-04-2019, 05:41 AM

all the same, had those wastegate rattle repair kits when I replaced my turbo CHRA, I did had rattle before so I thought I would do it to refresh my wastegate as already turbos out,

just make sure to mark the wastegate position on the arm and flapper so when you install the new wastegate repair kit to set it exactly the same before they weld.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3)
Old

Default 07-04-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
all the same, had those wastegate rattle repair kits when I replaced my turbo CHRA, I did had rattle before so I thought I would do it to refresh my wastegate as already turbos out,
Awesome, thank you for your experience with them. I guess they’re working well.
(#4)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 07-12-2019, 09:21 PM

I happen to be selling a set of NIB VTT GC Lite 2.0s in the marketplace forum. link : D :D

In all seriousness, it would be hard for me to go through all the trouble and/or expense of removing the turbos from an E61 and NOT upgrade the turbos.

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
2009 535i - 548whp - sold
(#5)
Old

Default 09-12-2019, 06:34 AM

Well, I got the VTT rattle kit installed last month along with the oil pan gasket, motor mounts, tension strut bushings, etc. Car works great now, no 30FF code at 2,400 RPM. I can hear the turbos now as well. Will see how it holds up long term.