N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default Fuel-It! charge pipe injection kits - 07-24-2019, 11:36 AM

Hey all,

Weve been getting a lot of requests for a B58 specific charge pipe injection kit so we're happy to announce the release of those kits! They can now be found on the Fuel-It! and BMS websites by clicking on the link or image below.

Description:
With all the recent advancements in B58 flash tuning and JB4 back end flash maps that have removed the software fuel limits they have created a new limiting factor, high fuel pressure pump volume. With higher boost targets and E85 fuel mixtures the high pressure pump is not able to keep up with demand resulting in fuel pressure drops that trigger engine misfires, stuttering, and limit your overall performance. Consequently weve been getting a lot of requests for a B58 specific Charge Pipe Injection (CPI) kit.
While weve been using these CPI kits for quite a while we didnt have a B58 specific plug and play kit. For this reason we have assembled a simple solution that includes the correct line lengths and accessories needed for a true plug and play installation with no hardware modifications.
The Fuel-IT B58 CPI kit addresses this limitation by adding an extra 7th fuel injector in the chargepipe to supplement fuel volume. Connected to the low fuel pressure system using high quality plug and play AN lines and included fittings it allows fuel to be injected in to the engine directly raising the overall fueling limit. Includes a CNC machined coupler for an easy install that is compatible with the factory chargepipe. For those equipped with a JB4 the FSB WMI controller is used and for those running flash only the Split Second universal controller is suggested. Both are fully plug and play solutions. JB4 provides free firmware updates designed around CPI control and the Split second controller comes programmed with an unlocked base fuel map which you can adjust if needed.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#2)
Old

Car: BMW M140i
Default 07-24-2019, 05:08 PM

This is pretty cool.

So with a DME flash tune, stock turbo, say 22 PSI boost flat through to 6000 RPM, what level of ethanol can we run? Up to full E85 or a lower blend only?

Stock LPFP can handle the flow required?

There'd be a nice benefit in charge temp reduction and also reduction of inlet valve carbon deposits that direct injection cars suffer from.

Australian 2016 M140i LCI Mineral Grey ZF8 Auto
11.51@121.94MPH with 1.77 sec 60ft
MHD 95/102 OTS DME Tune with E30 fuel blend
xHP Gearbox Tune
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2019, 10:25 PM

You'd have to test to verify as tuning, actual ethanol content, AFR targets, etc. will determine your capacity. I suspect you'd probably be able to run straight E85 though. Its when running an upgraded turbo and pushing a lot of boost that you'll likely need to drop to an E50 mix or so.

Stock LPFP has had no issues for us. I suspect that will run out of capacity at about 600whp on E85 but that upgrade is the same as we do for the S55 so we can implement that at any time.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#4)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 07-25-2019, 09:26 AM

Nice!

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2019, 12:58 PM

Received a couple requests for pictures of the kit installed....

Stock coupler

Upgraded coupler(s) and injector.

Fuel line adapter

Engine bay

(#6)
Old

Default 07-26-2019, 09:23 AM

Looks good! Any dyno results or testing coming up?

(#7)
Old

Car: Boost'd 6's
Default 07-26-2019, 12:43 PM

Hi, how do you trigger it if you don't want any controller at all?
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M
Hi, how do you trigger it if you don't want any controller at all?
Need a controller! Can't just trigger a fuel injector like this off a switch.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Default 07-26-2019, 11:00 PM

This is probably better then meth. I hate the process of running out of meth and having to keep going out and buying some.

(#10)
Old

Car: F30 340i / E70 X5-35i
Default 07-27-2019, 07:39 AM

Couple of questions (which might make me sound stupid).

1. It appears this only works with the OEM B58 Charge-Pipe and that it wont work with the FTP charge pipe?

2. Could I use Meth AND this together, run via MHD BEF and the JB4/WMI?

Id consider putting the OEM ***** back in....

| 2016 BMW 340i | M-Sport |
| CG Catted + AWE | BMS Intake | FTP Turbo Inlet + CP | JB4 + MHD BEF | XHP Stage 3 | BMS Meth Kit | VP M1
(#11)
Old

Default 07-27-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Need a controller! Can't just trigger a fuel injector like this off a switch.
Hobb switch?
(#12)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 07-27-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M
Hobb switch?
Just my .02; Hobb switches work, but they don't allow fine tuning of the fuel ratio along the curve. It's a simple on/off switch. To maximize power output, you'll want the ability to tune. That's why most get a controller that can very the injector pulses and control fuel additive across the curve.

If you have access to the DME, you could tune accordingly. That may get tricky though as you're balancing injector size vs internal fuel capabilities and map tolerances. Rather than battle all that... Just get a controller and dial it in directly. If you have JB4 you're there already. Otherwise, Split Seconds boxes are awesome and very easy to tune.
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2019, 12:22 PM

To answer some of the above questions.

You MUST use a controller. No, you can NOT use a hobb's switch. That will pin the injector open and there will be little to no atomization and dispersion will be poor. In addition as stated, that won't adjust fuel quantity based on boost and RPM.

Yes you can install in an aftermarket CP but you'll want the injector as far from the TB as possible.

We don't recommend running both TBI and meth together but you could run meth through CPI.

(#14)
Old

Default 10-01-2019, 12:12 AM

OK, do you have installation instructions?
(#15)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Car: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M-Sport
Default 10-01-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
To answer some of the above questions.

You MUST use a controller. No, you can NOT use a hobb's switch. That will pin the injector open and there will be little to no atomization and dispersion will be poor. In addition as stated, that won't adjust fuel quantity based on boost and RPM.

Yes you can install in an aftermarket CP but you'll want the injector as far from the TB as possible.

We don't recommend running both TBI and meth together but you could run meth through CPI.
Questions:
1)Why do you not recommend running WMI and CPI?
2) What is the benefit of running the CPI as far from the Throttle body? I thought that the atomization would be better the closer it is to the cylinder head, no?
(#16)
Old

Car: Bmw 340i
Default 11-08-2019, 03:27 PM

Hey has anyone dynoed or have even a guesstimate of what power gain or anywhere near guess we have how much power we can make stock turbo with this will it be similar to meth gains and be very smooth power delivery ?
(#17)
Old

Car: 340i xDrive MPPSK
Default 11-27-2019, 05:24 PM

Is there another thread where users are posting their experiences with installation, tuning, and results?
(#18)
Old

Car: BMW M140i
Default 11-28-2019, 04:15 AM

I keep looking but have found nothing on this.

The lack of reported results indicates this hasn't gone to plan?

In principal it looked like a good solution to cool charge temps and provide additional fuel, but all I hear is crickets.

Australian 2016 M140i LCI Mineral Grey ZF8 Auto
11.51@121.94MPH with 1.77 sec 60ft
MHD 95/102 OTS DME Tune with E30 fuel blend
xHP Gearbox Tune