N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: F30 N55 EWG
Default Log review for a newbie - 02-09-2020, 01:51 AM

I've been running JB4 for a little while now (probably 6 months or so now), but just got around to doing some data logs and also running an E30ish mix for the first time. My JB4 was given to me by a friend and seems to have a rather old firmware version loaded on to it. Kind of reluctant to update to the newest version though after reading about the gauge hijack malfunctions.

Anyhow, my mods include ******* **, CP and intake. I'm attaching logs of Map 2 and 5 on 92OCT and logs of Map 2 and 5 on the E85 mix. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

I've been running Map 5 for the majority of the time and have really enjoyed it. First time running the E85 mix and I'm not 100% I feel a huge difference.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200208_2247_92OCT_map5.csv (4.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: csv 200208_2300_92OCT_map2.csv (4.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv 200208_2312_E85_map2.csv (4.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: csv 200208_2325_E85_map5.csv (3.2 KB, 32 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 02-10-2020, 04:06 PM

I’d update your firmware

Adding e85 to the mix isn’t necessary going to make the car “faster” however it doesn’t give you more headroom octane wise for more aggressive timing & boost.

I’d you still have e30 or so in the tank- lets see a log of map 5 2k to redline, WOT, 3rd gear.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 02-10-2020, 08:46 PM

Yah I was hoping that Iíd see more boost on map 5 with the E85 mix. The last attachment is a map 5 pull in 3rd gear with 4 gallons of E85. I can try to get a few more logs of map 5 sometime this week if need be though.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-11-2020, 01:01 AM

When you’re logging, do you have traction control fully off?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 02-11-2020, 06:33 AM

Yup Sport + and then press and hold until traction control was fully off. I’ll flash the newest firmware and then do a few more logs next time I take the car out and see if it changes anything.
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-11-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolBoogie
Yup Sport + and then press and hold until traction control was fully off. Iíll flash the newest firmware and then do a few more logs next time I take the car out and see if it changes anything.
Sounds good

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 03-07-2020, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Sounds good
I did a few more pulls with the updated .hex file. I also noticed that a lot of my settings were not the same as the default shown in the N55 JB4 sticky so I changed all of those.

I've attached the .csv files if you could take a look at them for me and let me know what you think I would greatly appreciate it.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200306_2251_E30_map5.csv (6.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: csv 200306_2254_E30_map5.csv (5.3 KB, 30 views)
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-08-2020, 11:11 AM

Trims could use a little work, bump your FOL up a bit, try 70 and see if that brings them down a little.

Let’s see if we can get those trims in order & you can likely add a little more e85

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 03-08-2020, 12:11 PM

So I realized that I completely forgot to take traction control completely off on those pulls. Not sure if that makes a huge difference.

Also, after those pulls on Friday night I got a Air Mass Too High code, cleared it and it came back yesterday after a little spirited driving.

The only things I've changed are updating the firmware, changing duty bias to 50 (they were all 0), and I put in 4.5 gallons of E85 instead of 4. I'll adjust the FOL and get some more logs at some point. Also going to install the EWG wires pretty soon as well.

Thanks for the help Dave, I really appreciate it!!!
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-10-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolBoogie
So I realized that I completely forgot to take traction control completely off on those pulls. Not sure if that makes a huge difference.

Also, after those pulls on Friday night I got a Air Mass Too High code, cleared it and it came back yesterday after a little spirited driving.

The only things I've changed are updating the firmware, changing duty bias to 50 (they were all 0), and I put in 4.5 gallons of E85 instead of 4. I'll adjust the FOL and get some more logs at some point. Also going to install the EWG wires pretty soon as well.

Thanks for the help Dave, I really appreciate it!!!
Definitely keep traction fully off when driving

You can keep duty bias to 0 if you wish, or 50- doesnít matter at this point

No need to thank me, happy to assist

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 03-11-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Definitely keep traction fully off when driving

You can keep duty bias to 0 if you wish, or 50- doesn’t matter at this point

No need to thank me, happy to assist
I'm attaching 3 more logs. All were on the same tank of fuel as the last set of logs and after installing the EWG wires and changing FOL to 70, duty bias is still at 50 across the board and I remembered to turn traction control completely off on these runs. I am really happy with the boost now and it's getting very close to target. I am still getting a Air Mass Too High code though. Anyway to get rid of it?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200308_1614_E30_map5.csv (5.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: csv 200308_1622_E30_map5.csv (6.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: csv 200308_1627_E30_map5.csv (3.9 KB, 26 views)
(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-13-2020, 01:11 PM

These look pretty clean, much better!

Most ignore that code- it shouldn’t hinder performance

Burger Motorsports