N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old

Car: 2018 Civic Si
Default 02-22-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have a local Si we'll be dyno testing in a week or two, to better evaluate the differences.
Hell yeah! I can't wait to see the numbers you hit!

Mishimoto intake, resonator delete, Vibrant 1040 muffler, JB4 tuner, Firehawk Indy 500 rubber, Lamin-X fog light covers, Xentec 35w 6000k HIDs, custom d20 shift knob, 20% tint, red "H" badges.
(#177)
Old

Default 02-23-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinist
Perhaps I need to wrap the MAF housing itself with some gold tape to further help intake temps.
Pure speculation, but I just had a thought... since these cars use a reciprocating bypass valve instead of a VTA BOV, could the air that's been heated by the turbo but then gets shot back into the intake between shifts cause the MAF to get hot?

If this is the case, then I'd have no idea how to combat it. Of course, an intercooler upgrade would help. You'd think a VTA BOV would too, but of course that's a bad mod since we're MAF and venting metered air results in rich conditions.

Mishimoto intake, resonator delete, Vibrant 1040 muffler, JB4 tuner, Firehawk Indy 500 rubber, Lamin-X fog light covers, Xentec 35w 6000k HIDs, custom d20 shift knob, 20% tint, red "H" badges.
(#178)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2019, 05:30 PM

Couple logs from our CVT today on E30. Map5 and Map7.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#179)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2019, 10:11 AM

New personal best this morning, 102mph traps!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#180)
Old

Car: Honda C-RV
Default 02-27-2019, 10:15 AM

Ok now your just showing off.

question regarding firmware 5, I got the longer cable, it reaches but I don't like how it routes over the top of the engine so this weekend when I get more time I'll try going through a grommet to see if it routes better, with out the cable in would maps 1 and 2 still work with out changing the user settings?
(#181)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2019, 10:40 AM

Yes they will work without OBDII just not as smoothly as CANbus allows.

Burger Motorsports

(#182)
Old

Car: 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1991 Nissan GTR
Default 03-01-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Was able to hit the dyno today with a 2018 Honda Civic TypeR for a little JB4 tuning. Test car is 100% stock with around 12k miles on it. Running 91 octane pump gas.

After a lot of tuning the best results were found running around 4psi over stock down low and around 3psi over stock up top. Gains on map1 were around 30whp and 50wtq.

We played around with higher boost levels and while power went up a bit the data showed the engine wasn't as happy. Next time we'll try with some better fans and maybe an intake on it to see if we can push power up. But overall happy with the gains. Car feels like a rocket compared to our Civic Sport CVT.

We've split apart the JB4 firmware for the typeR and I'll be posting that separately in the first post shortly along with a typeR specific map guide.

I am very interested in trying this on my personal vehicle 2019 Type R. Pairing this with an intercooler would be great. Maybe I will do some dyno's as well.
(#183)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-01-2019, 09:29 AM

We've got them in stock and on our both our retail and dealer websites.

Burger Motorsports

(#184)
Old

Car: 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1991 Nissan GTR
Default 03-01-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
We've got them in stock and on our both our retail and dealer websites.

Christine just helped me out. I will do some real world reviews for you guys.
(#185)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-01-2019, 11:35 AM

Appreciate it!

Burger Motorsports

(#186)
Old

Default 03-03-2019, 12:37 PM

40-90 pull from last night. Map 7, E30 blend. I've been dailying Map 5 for a while now, but threw it up to 7 for this run. Everything looking okay?

BTW, what's the scaling for the trims column?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-02 22_29_36_Map-7.csv (11.8 KB, 44 views)

(#187)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-03-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
40-90 pull from last night. Map 7, E30 blend. I've been dailying Map 5 for a while now, but threw it up to 7 for this run. Everything looking okay?

BTW, what's the scaling for the trims column?
Looks good to me!

Both short and long term trims are scaled: 25 = 0%, 50 = +33%, 0 = -33%.

Just got in our "stock calibration" BMS MAF housing and will be testing that next week. Assuming it goes to plan then we'll cut the Si versions of it. And finally get back on the dyno with an Si.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#188)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-03-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Looks good to me!

Just got in our "stock calibration" BMS MAF housing and will be testing that next week. Assuming it goes to plan then we'll cut the Si versions of it. And finally get back on the dyno with an Si.
Canít wait to buy that Si intake!!!

| ProCharged C6 Z06 | Civic-X Si | F30 330i |
(#189)
Old

Car: Mini jcw f56
Default 03-04-2019, 05:02 AM

hi bro
pls help to view check my car log
( honda civic type r 2018 )

- intake
- intercooler injen
- supercircuit down pipe
Attached Images

(#190)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic Sport
Default 03-04-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcwai
hi bro

- intake
- intercooler injen
- supercircuit down pipe
You may want to upload the csv file from the JB4. I'd be interested in your LTFT, (trims2)
(#191)
Old

Car: Mini jcw f56
Default 03-04-2019, 08:46 AM

Here bro
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-04 16_14_11 Map-1 fk8.csv (6.2 KB, 48 views)
(#192)
Old

Default 03-04-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
So my LTFT is sitting at about a 17 then... Most likely because of my intake, I'm sure. Can this be tuned for?

(#193)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
So my LTFT is sitting at about a 17 then... Most likely because of my intake, I'm sure. Can this be tuned for?
From the E85 likely.

As long as it's not running off the scale there is no effect or cause for concern with the trims. Once you run off the scale air/fuel can be effected than then it would have to be evaluated.

Burger Motorsports

(#194)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcwai
hi bro

- intake
- intercooler injen
- supercircuit down pipe
Looks clean to me for map1. You can give map2 a try for kicks.

Burger Motorsports

(#195)
Old

Default 03-04-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
From the E85 likely.

As long as it's not running off the scale there is no effect or cause for concern with the trims. Once you run off the scale air/fuel can be effected than then it would have to be evaluated.
I didn't even consider the E85; that would absolutely make it add fuel, since it doesn't have the same energy potential. Good call dude.

(#196)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2019, 03:14 PM

Quick JB4 map1 run this am on a local customers Si, testing out our stock calibration BMS MAF housing. Trims are about perfect. 25 is the zero point. Long term -1%, short term +4%. During cruise they both hover around 0%/0%.

Will get this car back next week for dyno testing!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#197)
Old

Default 03-09-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Quick JB4 map1 run this am on a local customers Si, testing out our stock calibration BMS MAF housing. Trims are about perfect. 25 is the zero point. Long term -1%, short term +4%. During cruise they both hover around 0%/0%.

Will get this car back next week for dyno testing!
Awesome!!

(#198)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2019, 12:02 PM

Video and lots from today's dyno fun.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#199)
Old

Default 03-11-2019, 12:11 PM

This is awesome!!!

Any plans on some Map 7 dyno runs? I'm curious to know what kinda power that makes.

Good to know what my daily map is giving me, though!

(#200)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2019, 02:23 PM

Didn't get a chance to try higher boost levels on this one today, maybe down the road. Owner is happy with ~240whp.

Burger Motorsports