N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Default 2018 Type R Install Question - 03-12-2019, 01:42 PM

I just ordered the JB4 for my 2018 Civic Type R and I am new to the tuner.

I have a couple questions.

1. How do you instal the clean way through under/behind the brake pedal?
2. Once you instal the JB4 do you first have to update the firmware with the typeR file, select a Map then is it good to go?
3. This may be a dumb question, but once you upload the map do you have to keep the app running? or is it just for the purposes of data logging?
4. What maps are currently available for the type r?

Thank you so much for any help and/or advice!
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2019, 01:47 PM

1) We're past due on making a video for that, but we'll be sure to get to it soon.
2) It should have typeR firmware preloaded, and is preset to map1, so you just install and go.
3) The app only has to be on if you want to communicate with the JB4 to change maps, log, etc..
4) For now we suggest typeR log/use map1 and post a log so we can evaluate your octane. The typeRs are tuned more aggressively from the factory so we'd prefer you guys turn it up slowly.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic Sport
Default 03-12-2019, 01:51 PM

Welcome to the community! You're going to have lots of fun!
(#4)
Old

Default 03-12-2019, 01:51 PM

Awesome! I will make sure to log it and upload the first few runs once I install it.

Thanks so much for the help and quick response!
(#5)
Old

Default 03-12-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
1) We're past due on making a video for that, but we'll be sure to get to it soon.
2) It should have typeR firmware preloaded, and is preset to map1, so you just install and go.
3) The app only has to be on if you want to communicate with the JB4 to change maps, log, etc..
4) For now we suggest typeR log/use map1 and post a log so we can evaluate your octane. The typeRs are tuned more aggressively from the factory so we'd prefer you guys turn it up slowly.

After how long do you recommend waiting until I can safely going up to Map 2?
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2019, 03:57 PM

Until we check out the logs and give the thumbs up.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 03-17-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Until we check out the logs and give the thumbs up.
I am having trouble uploading the screen shots of my logs from Map 1.
Can I email them to you?

I am loving map 1 so far, I can't wait to try map 2!
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-17-2019, 12:44 PM

You just attach the CSV to the post. You can email them to yourself and post from a computer if it's easier for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 03-17-2019, 02:01 PM

here you go! I did some good pulls with this log and it was allot of fun. The torque increase is really noticeable.

I hope everything is running good so I can run map 2

Thanks so much for helping, you guys are awesome!!

Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2019-03-16 14_06_38_Map-1.pdf (209.2 KB, 30 views)
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-17-2019, 05:57 PM

This is a PDF... Logs are CSV (data) files. Attach the CSV file to the post. You can email it to yourself if needed to upload from a computer.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 03-17-2019, 06:22 PM

Sorry about that, Hopefully this one work!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-16 14_06_38_Map-1.csv (55.8 KB, 36 views)
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-17-2019, 09:26 PM

No full throttle to look at in this log but the log itself opens at least.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Smile 03-18-2019, 08:37 AM

haha man I swear I'm good with technology lol. so sorry again!

This one should work.

Thanks again for the help and patience lol
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-18 08_14_49_Map-1.csv (73.4 KB, 36 views)
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-18-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type_R_2018
haha man I swear I'm good with technology lol. so sorry again!

This one should work.

Thanks again for the help and patience lol
Looks good to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 03-18-2019, 08:57 AM

yea? Im safe to go up to map 2? :D
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-18-2019, 10:20 AM

What fuel are you using?

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 03-18-2019, 10:53 AM

I always run 91, sometimes 94 but never nothing less than 91 octane.

Also whats the power & torque increase from map 1 to map 2?
(#18)
Old

Default Number of Maps for Civic Type R - 04-16-2019, 05:10 PM

Hey just wondering if there is only the 2 maps available for the typeR or is there a map 3?

I am currently running map 2 and love it! I'm just curious if there is an option for map 3?

(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2019, 06:25 PM

For now we only want you using map1 or map2.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 04-16-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
For now we only want you using map1 or map2.
haha okay thanks! Also what are the specs for power increase for map 2?
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2019, 08:20 AM

If you post the map2 log we can check out fuel pressure, that was the limiting factor in our testing. Power increase depends on octane! The typeR picks up around 30hp on map1 and 40hp on map2 if octane is there.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Car: Honda Civic Type R
Default JB4 gains and Map options - 04-30-2019, 09:20 AM

Hello, I own a civic Type R FK8 with Performance Exhaust and cold Intake, Fuel 93 to 95 Octane, these gives around +30HP and Torque, with JB4 what could be the gains for torque and HP? in Map 2 of course

is there also any option to setup some pops and bangs?

Kind Regards
Alfonso
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2019, 09:59 AM

The exhaust burbles requires fuel injection timing changes so we can't do those with the JB4 safely. But power gains are going to be on par with the flash maps. It really depends on the octane. The higher the octane the more power you can safely make.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: 2019 type r
Default 05-25-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type_R_2018
yea? Im safe to go up to map 2? :D
What king of boost psi are you seeing on map 1 and map 2 ?
(#25)
Old

Default 07-11-2019, 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=Terry @ BMS;630680]If you post the map2 log we can check out fuel pressure, that was the limiting factor in our testing. Power increase depends on octane! The typeR picks up around 30hp on map1 and 40hp on map2 if octane is there

Here is a log of Map 2. Please check it out and see if I am safe to try Map 3 and if map 3 is required to run with 94 octane. also the specs for map 3.

Thanks!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-10 20_37_50_Map-2.csv (129.9 KB, 17 views)