N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 335I
Default NIGHTMARE!!!!!! - 10-28-2016, 05:36 AM

Payam contacted me in the beginning of the year about possibly beta testing a top mount kit for the N55 platform. I agreed and I paid him over 5k for a "beta" kit. I paid him all of the money upfront before receiving the kit. This transaction happened in February and I was promised to receive the kit by March. The kit came in April! When the kit came it didn't fit, the manifold was improperly designed. At this juncture I was in between a rock and a hard place, since I already sold my PS2 and supporting mods I no longer needed. This is when Payam offered a refund, I didnt accept because it would do me no good, I wanted what I was promised and paid for. Payam then offered to have the car shipped to them and back, and to fix the kit all complimentary. I was happy and ready to promote his company to the moon and back for great service, boy was I wrong.

My car was shipped and received in California April 26th. Payam assured me I'd have my car back in May, after all it was just supposed to be a remake of the manifold. I told myself June because we all know the nature of the business things happen. Plenty of times I'd call for an update and no answer I'd only get vague texts messages every once in a while when I insisted.

Fast forward June 23rd I decided to fly out to California and GUESS WHAT? THEY DIDN'T EVEN START MY CAR YET 2 MONTHS LATER. Payam and his partner Anthony must've been having communications problems scheduling wise. That's what I was told at least, but two months though of my car just sitting around? Anyway once again I decided to be patient and focus on how happy id be when it's all over. They ( Payam and Anthony) promised me the car would be done in two weeks tops.

Fast forward again to last week October 21st when my car finally came home exactly 6 MONTHS later only to unload it to find it dirty and dusty inside, parts not put back on things left un-tightened, I was distraught.
Honestly I can't believe they drove my car around like that, dynoed it like that, and returned it to me after so long like that.

I WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS AGAIN!!! If you want a kit just wait on Pureturbo to release it thats the best advice I can give. I'm going thru my car now and fixing her up, as well as getting a couple horrible fittings remade.

There are a ton of stuff that transpired in between, I even had to get my lawyer involved with these guys. I'm not bashing I'm telling the truth and I have texts, letters, etc etc if I have to prove myself. This was a slap in the face and a lack of respect on their part. The texts I posted aren't showing the dates but they are from June, July, and August. There's more but I'll leave it here for now.

Link to video https://youtu.be/jhdYEOhjMyQ
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Omar Car Build 8 16 2016 2.pdf (51.8 KB, 168 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip resized.zip (340.7 KB, 95 views)

N55 World Record 650whp 571tq
2011 N55 335I, VM Top Mount Kit, PTE 6266 Gen 2, JB4 AMS Fmic, ER CP with BOV, FuelIt Stg3 LPFP, , PI Platinum Kit.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335i xDrive
Default 10-28-2016, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anytyme
Payam contacted me in the beginning of the year about possibly beta testing a top mount kit for the N55 platform. I agreed and I paid him over 5k for a "beta" kit. I paid him all of the money upfront before receiving the kit. This transaction happened in February and I was promised to receive the kit by March. The kit came in April! When the kit came it didn't fit, the manifold was improperly designed. At this juncture I was in between a rock and a hard place, since I already sold my PS2 and supporting mods I no longer needed. This is when Payam offered a refund, I didnt accept because it would do me no good, I wanted what I was promised and paid for. Payam then offered to have the car shipped to them and back, and to fix the kit all complimentary. I was happy and ready to promote his company to the moon and back for great service, boy was I wrong.

My car was shipped and received in California April 26th. Payam assured me I'd have my car back in May, after all it was just supposed to be a remake of the manifold. I told myself June because we all know the nature of the business things happen. Plenty of times I'd call for an update and no answer I'd only get vague texts messages every once in a while when I insisted.

Fast forward June 23rd I decided to fly out to California and GUESS WHAT? THEY DIDN'T EVEN START MY CAR YET 2 MONTHS LATER. Payam and his partner Anthony must've been having communications problems scheduling wise. That's what I was told at least, but two months though of my car just sitting around? Anyway once again I decided to be patient and focus on how happy id be when it's all over. They ( Payam and Anthony) promised me the car would be done in two weeks tops.

Fast forward again to last week October 21st when my car finally came home exactly 6 MONTHS later only to unload it to find it dirty and dusty inside, parts not put back on things left un-tightened, I was distraught.
Honestly I can't believe they drove my car around like that, dynoed it like that, and returned it to me after so long like that.

I WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS AGAIN!!! If you want a kit just wait on Pureturbo to release it thats the best advice I can give. I'm going thru my car now and fixing her up, as well as getting a couple horrible fittings remade.

There are a ton of stuff that transpired in between, I even had to get my lawyer involved with these guys. I'm not bashing I'm telling the truth and I have texts, letters, etc etc if I have to prove myself. This was a slap in the face and a lack of respect on their part. The texts I posted aren't showing the dates but they are from June, July, and August. There's more but I'll leave it here for now.

Link to video https://youtu.be/jhdYEOhjMyQ
I've been following along your threads during your journey. I'm sorry this is how it ended up. I agree with you 100%, the car shouldn't come back after half a year and $5000 without the undertray and wheel wells back on. I can't say I could have been as patient as you were, I'd be very frustrated. The good news is, once you get everything cleaned up you're going to have one hell of a rocket.
(#3)
Old

Car: 06 STI
Default 10-28-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn
I've been following along your threads during your journey. I'm sorry this is how it ended up. I agree with you 100%, the car shouldn't come back after half a year and $5000 without the undertray and wheel wells back on. I can't say I could have been as patient as you were, I'd be very frustrated. The good news is, once you get everything cleaned up you're going to have one hell of a rocket.
I agree with what you said in the end once the car is back together he will have a rocket ship and he will be able to enjoy it but what he had to go through to get to that point is absolutely unacceptable.

I personally don't understand how he's put up with this BS for so long I would have been on the edge of getting rid of the car
(#4)
Old

Default 10-28-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idratherbesurfing
I agree with what you said in the end once the car is back together he will have a rocket ship and he will be able to enjoy it but what he had to go through to get to that point is absolutely unacceptable.

I personally don't understand how he's put up with this BS for so long I would have been on the edge of getting rid of the car
Oh trust me, I couldn't of put up with it either. How he managed to for so long is beyond my comprehension.
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-28-2016, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn
He said he had work to do on his car. We shipped it the same way we got it. We left it off so he can do what he has to do with the rest of the mods he has.

This whole ordeal has too many things that are left unsaid. It is not easy to follow and put each detail so everyone understands the story. Why would we leave something off that takes 10 minutes to put back on?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 10-28-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
He said he had work to do on his car. We shipped it the same way we got it. We left it off so he can do what he has to do with the rest of the mods he has.

This whole ordeal has too many things that are left unsaid. It is not easy to follow and put each detail so everyone understands the story. Why would we leave something off that takes 10 minutes to put back on?
Exactly my point why leave it off then. You make no sense! Any competent mechanic after do a huge upgrade would do a check of the car. I even asked you to please do a once over of the car and fuel system, and you agreed. You know that I was trying to make it to the roll race event last Sunday, so again why would I want the car apart.

After 6 moths I wanted to get in and drive!!

2011 N55 335I, VM Top Mount Kit, PTE 6266 Gen 2, JB4 AMS Fmic, ER CP with BOV, FuelIt Stg3 LPFP, , PI Platinum Kit.
(#7)
Old

Car: 2011 335xi
Default 10-28-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS

Probably best to either just stay quiet at this point or apologize. You are just going to dig yourself a bigger hole.
(#8)
Old

Default 10-28-2016, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn
Probably best to either just stay quiet at this point or apologize. You are just going to dig yourself a bigger hole.
Generally speaking I'm not into vendor bashing or making assumptions but in this case I agree. On a big project like this I would have expected the car to have been cleaned inside and out, hell my dealership even gives free car wash vouchers any time they work on the car (outside of warranty). I also understand the N55 is not pretty under the engine cover but this looks more like a hack and make it work job which is fine for proof of concept and testing. This should have been cleaned up and properly mounted/strapped down before delivery to the customer.
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-28-2016, 07:02 AM

Out of hundreds of satisfied and happy customers, there is always one. Unfortunately we can't please everyone no matter how hard we try. All I can say is we did our best and got the car running with the turbo kit as agreed upon. It took a bit longer than anticipated but there is nothing we can do at that point.

I will copy and paste what I wrote on Facebook.

"I don't even know where to start... This is not short or easy to follow. I'm not even sure why the owner has not emailed, called, or texted me any of this before posting on public media.

VM Sold an N55 Beta Top mount kit. Shipped to the shop where the owner had the install going locally. There were a couple of issues with fitment so I offered him a full refund.

After that, I actually offered to have the car shipped to us and back for FREE. I offered to install most of his parts for FREE. I said all fluids, gaskets; nuts and bolts will be FREE. Said the car will be dyno tuned as well on my dime with Terry@BMS. Told him we should have the car done in no more than 2 months, so he agreed to that. In that exact time was my transition to joining BMS.

The shop put the car back together so we can have the car towed from NY to CA. Bumper, intercooler, all misc turbo parts were in the car when we received it. Took us time to work on it, as AC Fab had a lot of cars already lined up and torn apart. Time goes by and we finish the turbo kit. Car had a little coolant leak the first time around on dyno which we fixed shortly after.

Got the car tuned and dialed in a bit more with Terry. Made awesome power for an N55 BTW. Then we got the car ready for shipment back as the owner had a race event he wanted to attend. As well as letting us know there were still a couple more things he wanted to do to the car as well. So we put all the parts back in his car and shipped it to him.

Now onto the pictures…

The oil leak on the drain was because of a worker error. AC Fab is a fabrication shop, not a mechanic shop. So some of his workers are less skilled in that field, not everyone is perfect. The car did not leak oil from the drain when we had it.

The subframe bolts, hmm no idea how that happened. We didn’t even touch that or take it off. Plus, I actually sent him a video of the first startup showing the cutout under the car. Well what do you know, you can see the subframe and control arm bolt nice and tight in the video. So clearly that was not on our part as it seems before we got the car it may have been loose.

Now people on Instagram stating that we should have checked that and tightened every bolt, we had the car for 6 months etc etc. The problem with that is that there are many ways to pull the subfram off. How are we supposed to know that they pulled it from the control arms and not just drop the whole shock tower? We’re not going to go and just tighten each and every bolt, that’s just insane.

The video where he shows us all the stuff are in his car… I don’t know here else he wanted to put the stuff and other parts. When the car is being towed from state to state there is no extra space. Plus, he said he still had work to do on his car so we left the wheel well and under-tray off. The spaghetti wiring comment doesn’t make sense to me. Things are moved around, you did a MAJOR upgrade sensors and wires get moved around. Maybe they could have been ziptied, but that’s why BMW gives you a cover to put over those wires…

Those private messages were not supposed to be for the public. We do not put any other business down no matter what. If we have to take care of something, we will do it privately in a proper manner.

It’s not easy taking on a car that was previously worked on and torn apart. We got the car back running, and tuned without him spending an extra dime, as well as a nice discounted beta price. Anyways, I’ve had a long day. I’m sure there will be lots more questions, but this was my side of the story. I did my best to help my customer no matter what, and always had his back. I’m really not sure why he did this, especially this way."

Things I'd like to add.

Custom jobs like this always take longer than promised unfortunately. Not everything goes smooth especially when trying to make this a production piece. Why do you think no body else has taken this job? Take a look at other builds that have the stuff ready on the shelf, they still take months to build. A couple people on this forum actually as well are in the same boat. I'm not the fabricator either, I'm just a middle man stuck in this even after I left VM. I'm still here and supporting VM, BMS, and ACF. Things happen and not every company is perfect.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Car: 335i
Wink 10-28-2016, 07:04 AM

Considering the name VM and payam has in the 335i community I expected OMAR car to be perfect and really hurting feelings. I have an N55 and I was excited to see these results. When he received his car I went to go see it and was simply confused. I would be just as angry as omar if I received my car the way he received his. Completely changed my mind on having a BT installed on my n55 looks like I'll be staying pure stage 2 a little longer

2011 N55 335i E92
PURE STAGE 2 FBO
JB4+BMS MHD BEF E50
FX500 Clutch
(#11)
Old

Car: 2011 N55 135DCT
Default 10-28-2016, 07:46 AM

Sorry to hear Bro. Sorry

2011 135 n55 DCT RHD, MAMBA GTX3576R (5962) single turbo kit. Jb4 FBO. METH KIT WITH cm7 and cm4
(#12)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 135i M Sport
Default 10-28-2016, 08:23 AM

As soon as you first mentioned the fitment issue and the fact you paid up front, I figured this would be a nightmare. Remember, I ranted in one of your threads about companies expecting paying customers to test fit their kits? You then stuck up for them, which is more than I would do. It seems to me that you've been very patient and willing to work with them. I'm on your side buddy.
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2016, 08:54 AM

Payam left ACF when VM dissolved months ago and has been working here since. I know he was trying to facilitate the communications between ACF and you but as the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished. When he left there he should have refunded you directly and washed his hands of it transferring you fully over to ACF. But trying to be the nice guy he stayed involved for communications and now that is biting him in the ass.

ACF is a fabrication shop. A good one at that. They do welding, CNC, manifold design, etc. They are not your neighborhood mechanics and don't normally do installations beyond fitment testing for fabrications. What I think really happened was that the car wasn't done and you told them you don't care you've waiting long enough and are going to pick it up anyway. So that was how it was sent back. Incomplete.

In terms of what was promised to you and what you received, I really have no idea. Generally for $5000 for a custom application you should get a manifold, turbo, and fittings. Labor might be another $5000+. Then tuning on top of that. The good news is the setup worked and spooled well when I tested it. Fix up the minor issues with the car, wash it, and you should be good to go.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 10-28-2016, 08:57 AM

**** happens, it was a BETA deal so hiccups should be expected. could things have been done better or in a more timely fashion? sure but at the end of the day it sounds like more then 1 company has had their hands on it. there isnt a ton of profit in the price Payam charged you for that kit im surprised you didnt just take the refund when fitment issues arose. it says a lot to me how hard he tried to make it right with shipping it free and not charging you any additional labor/coolant gaskets etc etc. just be happy your car is back home all the small kinks are getting figured and you're not out a ton of money. everyone makes mistakes your car is making big power let it rest

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#15)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 10-28-2016, 10:51 AM

When it comes to Beta custom fabrication stuff I would give more time then anyone promises.
As far as I know this is the first Top Mount N55 kit right? No one has even done this before. So that tells you it is not an easy project. I have seen your car the shop many times. I know how much Payam wanted to finish it.

The situation is unfortunate and could have been handled better.
I would just take the refund and be done with it. Not ship the car anywhere, but if I did ship my car I would say take however long time you need to make it right. The thing we forget is VM/ACF wants to sell this kits. So it's a good business decision for them to finish it as soon as possible. We had our development cars in many other shops that were doing custom work and took way longer then promised. It's expected and fine as long as at the end the car is a rocket!

As for Payam should have just offered a refund and nothing else. He wanted to make good of the situation and went way beyond what most vendors/shops would do.

I think Payam took extra steps in having your car shipped here free, new kit installed labor free, tuning done by Terry, free. All these are extra stuff he is doing to make his customer happy.

The car owner was super patient and understanding. I would not been able to wait just because I am an impatient person.

What is important here is you have a kit that is working. You didn't have to pay anything extra for install and tuning. You have a unique car for 5k and makes crazy power. Take it to a car wash have it washed inside and out and enjoy the car. Post some kill vidoes.
No need to worry about stuff that makes zero difference.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

Last edited by Ando @ BMS; 10-28-2016 at 11:05 AM..
(#16)
Old

Car: 2011 N55 135DCT
Default 10-28-2016, 10:55 AM

Agreed with both Terry and Ando. Awsome work BMS

2011 135 n55 DCT RHD, MAMBA GTX3576R (5962) single turbo kit. Jb4 FBO. METH KIT WITH cm7 and cm4
(#17)
Old

Car: 2011 bmw 135i, 2004 Nissan 350z
Default 10-28-2016, 12:45 PM

OP ONLY paid 5k for a stage 3 turbo kit, INSTALL and TUNE?!

OP, delete thread and run away. You got a steal. Wash the freaking car 2000X yourself for all the $ you saved.

if I was getting a full stage 3 with install and tune for that price I would leave it with them all year long....
(#18)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M-Sport
Default 10-28-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadarob
OP ONLY paid 5k for a stage 3 turbo kit, INSTALL and TUNE?!

OP, delete thread and run away. You got a steal. Wash the freaking car 2000X yourself for all the $ you saved.

if I was getting a full stage 3 with install and tune for that price I would leave it with them all year long....
What he said! Really!

2018 C63s AMG
(#19)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 10-28-2016, 11:26 PM

I can see both sides but seems like they went above and beyond not charging you anything for all the shipping, extra work, and tuning but also should have at least cleaned it up a little. Really in the end that's small potatoes compared to all the extra stuff they did for free IMO.

On to the important stuff..... how does the new kit perform? what kinda numbers is it putting down?
(#20)
Old

Default 10-29-2016, 03:43 AM

I'm a very fair, patient, and reasonable person. I wrote this review to make the public aware before engaging in business, whether you want to listen is up to you. Too many things in our community, have been swept under the rug.

I own two companies, a trucking company and a wealth management company. In my world results drive growth, customer loyalty, and my life line which are customer referrals. I can't say one thing and do another, I have to communicate effectively, and most importantly i don't set expectations beyond what i can comfortably and realistically deliver.

I'm not mad about paying 5k for a beta kit, I was informing as to the amount I paid. I'm not mad that I have to wash the car, or that I have to put back on a couple plastic pieces. I'm mad about the experience, the lies, overall failure to deliver as promised. It's about the principals and lack of good business practices. The car leaking oil, the dirt, and apparent lack of care was the tipping point.

Payam as a person is a good guy hence why I went with a VM kit and trusted him. BMS and Terry had nothing to do with this build, outside of putting the car on the dyno and laying down numbers, which I am thankful for. Anthony @ACF is the person who actually housed the car and built the kit at his shop. I have also seen great work that Anthony has done in the past, hence why I trusted him. With that said, they (Payam & Anthony) failed to deliver this time.

Lets be real here no one has ever successfully produced a top mount kit for the N55 platform. The N55 platform is a opportunity to make money from producing such a kit. How do companies develop products? They invest money, time, and resources, its called R&D. It was in Payam's best financial interest at the time to have my car shipped out there to remake the kit.Once the kit was properly remade, people would see and order their own. Nothing is free in life!! Literally all that was done to my car was a remake of the kit and they installed it. Wow I got so much for free!!! Oh and an exhaust cutout. Remember I paid for the kit and I initially paid a mechanic to install it the first time around when it didn't fit. Free!!? A kit was installed on my car that was gone for 6 months, which couldnt be driven safely. While they are receiving orders for kits and making money. FREE!!!??? Lol.

How would you feel if someone had your car in APRIL, promised it'd be done in MAY, You fly across the country, rent a car, and hotel for 4 days the end of JUNE to find no work has started on your car. Meanwhile this whole time PAYAM told you its being worked on. FREE!!!??

How would you feel if you were being constantly ignored? If you didn't initiate communications there'd be none. How would you feel if a company consistently failed deadline after deadline? I didn't even set the deadlines, each time I'd specifically say are you sure? Yes we got it, its 123.

One thing I always respect about Terry when I email him is that he's straight forward and doesn't tell you what you want to hear. He doesn't set unrealistic expectations. It's these types of behaviors or practices why Terry has a thriving company.

At the end of the day I'm not a petty person. I'm not mad about the minute trivial things. It's a cumulative effect over the months. Simple things like can i get a picture of progress took two months, little stupid things that could've been avoided.

Funny thing is even through it all I still spoke highly of them on social media, wished Anthony the best and for God to bless his business. I was more than patient, and understanding through the whole ordeal. When I saw my car return in the state that it was in and leaking oil, that's when I said oh these guys must not give a sh**.

I'm not a mechanic, I don't own a lift nor do I care to. I do this for fun and to de-stress from my life!! I had to send the car to a mechanic to have a new oil return fitting made to fix the oil leak. That's more time and money from me. FREE!!!??? So ask yourself how would you feel after 6 months? simply unacceptable. If my car came back 100% I would've never wrote this review and all the problems along the way would've been kept quiet.

If this was something Vargas did you guys would be ready to nail him to a cross. I have a right to speak honestly. I have all texts, documents, and emails to support my review. I have at least 25 people that I know personally who have followed along step by step. Im not a liar, just informing the community of my experience. We have to hold everyone to the same standards.

(#21)
Old

Default 10-30-2016, 01:06 PM

The truth shall set you free!!!

(#22)
Old

Car: 2011 bmw 135i, 2004 Nissan 350z
Default 10-30-2016, 01:32 PM

Forgetting all the negativity, I really like those dyno numbers!
Props
(#23)
Old

Default 10-30-2016, 03:47 PM

Yeah, thanks. Got a misfire in cylinder 4 code today, so i'll be swithching up the plugs and going from there.

(#24)
Old
Registered Users

Car: M135i
Default 11-02-2016, 02:09 AM

Sorry that you had to endure all this **** but in the end you got your car back. A LOT of vendors underestimate the importance of updates and delivering on schedule!!!