N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Hit Redline Hit Redline is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 2012 135i DCT
Default 2012 135 N55 FBO BEF E45 map 7 DynoJet - 06-10-2016, 02:48 PM

Hey Guys,

Thought I would share my dyno results. I am installing a Pure Stg2 and Fuel-it TBI this weekend so I can see what gains the turbo makes.

Also attached is a csv file for review.
Attached Images
 
Attached Files
File Type: csv 135 N55 FBO E45 Dyno.csv (18.1 KB, 65 views)


N55 135i DCT, Pure Stg 2, JB4 map 7 E50, N54tuning **, VRSF 7" IC, VRSF CP, AFE sealed intake, Ohlins R&T, Voshlag camber plates, corner balanced, M3 front control arms, M3 FSB, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 rear wishbone, RPI quad exhaust, APEX Arc 8 wheels, Fuel-it stg2 LPFP- Fuel lines- E sensor, BMS OCC, Quaife LSD
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Pure Turbos's Avatar
Pure Turbos Pure Turbos is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 495
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: '70 E9 Turbo, '88 M5, '11 335d
Default 06-10-2016, 02:58 PM

Sweet! Contact us if you need any tuning help!
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Hit Redline Hit Redline is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 2012 135i DCT
Default 06-10-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Turbos
Sweet! Contact us if you need any tuning help!
Great, thanks for the support. Is there an email or # I should call, or just post up on the forum if I need some help over the weekend?

Not sure if I am missing anything but here is what I have planned on the tuning side of things.

install N20 tmap and change settings on JB4
Load Fuel-it TBI BEF
change user adjustments as per N55 Large turbo thread

Run map 1, log and post.


N55 135i DCT, Pure Stg 2, JB4 map 7 E50, N54tuning **, VRSF 7" IC, VRSF CP, AFE sealed intake, Ohlins R&T, Voshlag camber plates, corner balanced, M3 front control arms, M3 FSB, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 rear wishbone, RPI quad exhaust, APEX Arc 8 wheels, Fuel-it stg2 LPFP- Fuel lines- E sensor, BMS OCC, Quaife LSD
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
1slowN55 1slowN55 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 139
Join Date: Nov 2013
Car: 335i
Default 06-10-2016, 03:52 PM

Jesus those numbers are stupid low


2011 N55 335i E92
PURE STAGE 2 FBO
JB4+BMS MHD BEF E50
FX500 Clutch
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Hit Redline Hit Redline is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 2012 135i DCT
Default 06-10-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowN55
Jesus those numbers are stupid low
I was a little disappointed myself was hoping for like 370ish and 449.

The dynos where run in 4th gear as I have a DCT trans, is that correct?


N55 135i DCT, Pure Stg 2, JB4 map 7 E50, N54tuning **, VRSF 7" IC, VRSF CP, AFE sealed intake, Ohlins R&T, Voshlag camber plates, corner balanced, M3 front control arms, M3 FSB, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 rear wishbone, RPI quad exhaust, APEX Arc 8 wheels, Fuel-it stg2 LPFP- Fuel lines- E sensor, BMS OCC, Quaife LSD
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
houtan houtan is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 438
Join Date: Sep 2014
Car: 135i
Default 06-10-2016, 04:14 PM

You may have left a little HP on the table using map 7 vice map 6 and targeting 20 ish psi. This is with the stock flash? I wouldn't worry about it much. Seems like the car is running solid, looking forward to your ps2 results.
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Weehe Weehe is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 666
Join Date: Jun 2014
Car: E90 335i
Default 06-10-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan
You may have left a little HP on the table using map 7 vice map 6 and targeting 20 ish psi. This is with the stock flash? I wouldn't worry about it much. Seems like the car is running solid, looking forward to your ps2 results.
Agreed, could have made more with map 6 targeting 20psi. But that will all be fixed with the stage 2.
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
JacquesN55 JacquesN55 is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 537
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: 2011 N55 135DCT
Default 06-10-2016, 05:46 PM

Pure stage 2 is a demon turbo.
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Hit Redline Hit Redline is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 2012 135i DCT
Default 06-10-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan
You may have left a little HP on the table using map 7 vice map 6 and targeting 20 ish psi. This is with the stock flash? I wouldn't worry about it much. Seems like the car is running solid, looking forward to your ps2 results.
Running BMS E85 BEF


N55 135i DCT, Pure Stg 2, JB4 map 7 E50, N54tuning **, VRSF 7" IC, VRSF CP, AFE sealed intake, Ohlins R&T, Voshlag camber plates, corner balanced, M3 front control arms, M3 FSB, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 rear wishbone, RPI quad exhaust, APEX Arc 8 wheels, Fuel-it stg2 LPFP- Fuel lines- E sensor, BMS OCC, Quaife LSD
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
keyap keyap is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,674
Join Date: Jun 2012
Car: N55 135i
Default 06-11-2016, 01:28 AM

Good luck - hope it all goes well. I've had the PS2 and fuelling support from Fuelit for around 9 months and the support from both companies has been great. You're going to have some fun

When it's installed, and all dialled in, I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on the Quaife. I've still got the OEM diff and am less than happy. Traction control is on in 4th so you can image how anything below reacts. Really wish BMW had installed something better as stock!


UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | Berk Race Full Exhaust | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
n55e90 n55e90 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 111
Join Date: Sep 2015
Car: 2011 e90 335i
Default 06-11-2016, 02:01 AM

I dynoed 345rwhp with intake ** e50 jb4 on map7 so seems right to me.
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
suspenceful's Avatar
suspenceful suspenceful is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 794
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 06-11-2016, 08:39 AM

Nice. My buddy just made good numbers after a PURE turbo upgrade on his N55. Made 475whp and 477wtq on 23psi.


🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com

Last edited by suspenceful; 06-11-2016 at 08:47 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
CantCatchMe CantCatchMe is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 169
Join Date: Feb 2015
Car: '12 335i xDrive E92
Default 06-11-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit Redline
Great, thanks for the support. Is there an email or # I should call, or just post up on the forum if I need some help over the weekend?

Not sure if I am missing anything but here is what I have planned on the tuning side of things.

install N20 tmap and change settings on JB4
Load Fuel-it TBI BEF
change user adjustments as per N55 Large turbo thread

Run map 1, log and post.
That is a good plan. Good luck! Keep us posted with logs in the support section.
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
keyap keyap is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,674
Join Date: Jun 2012
Car: N55 135i
Default 06-11-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Not sure if I am missing anything but here is what I have planned on the tuning side of things.

install N20 tmap and change settings on JB4
Load Fuel-it TBI BEF
change user adjustments as per N55 Large turbo thread

Run map 1, log and post.
May have missed this as only skimmed the thread, but a few thoughts:-

* Pure high flow inlet - are you fitting one. If Y then consider doing it after the turbo's installed. It's not too hard and you can line it up better once everything else is in place. On a side note, the o-rings on the inlet can break easily. If you need replacements they're on mcmaster.com - part no 9262K699

* Are you fitting a DV+ - if yes then make sure it's fitted when the Pure S2 goes on. Its very tricky to fit post PS2 install with no benefit. Also, make sure the fitter knows what spring configuration you want.

* BEF - do you have ATR as this will give you the ability to change scalars etc as per your E %? The BMS and FuelIt BEFs work within a certain E range so it's good to have the option to adjust yourself. If not you'll either need to run at the E range for the BEF or email Steve - I believer he / his tuner can supply tailored maps at a V competitive price.

* What plugs are you running. OEM generally won't handle what you're looking to do. NGK 5992's work well and others have had success with other alternatives too. You'll need to re-gap to around 0.020'' to 0.022'' though.

* Check your AFE sealed intake will fit OK with TBI - the stock airbox won't and has to be modified.

I also noticed in another thread that you mentioned about possibly changing the **. Not sure of your plans for when but it would be good to do this during the install. It should mean no more work (hopefully therefore no additional cost) and save you a few hours post PS2 install.

Think that should be about it. Feel free to PM me if you need anything as I'm more than happy to share my experience during my PS2 install.


UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | Berk Race Full Exhaust | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")

Last edited by keyap; 06-11-2016 at 10:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
Bours Bours is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 496
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i x-drive n55 2011
Default 06-11-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful
Nice. My buddy just made good numbers after a PURE turbo upgrade on his N55. Made 475whp and 477wtq on 23psi.
pump , meth or e85 ??
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
Hit Redline Hit Redline is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 2012 135i DCT
Default 06-11-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyap
May have missed this as only skimmed the thread, but a few thoughts:-

* Pure high flow inlet - are you fitting one. If Y then consider doing it after the turbo's installed. It's not too hard and you can line it up better once everything else is in place. On a side note, the o-rings on the inlet can break easily. If you need replacements they're on mcmaster.com - part no 9262K699

* Are you fitting a DV+ - if yes then make sure it's fitted when the Pure S2 goes on. Its very tricky to fit post PS2 install with no benefit. Also, make sure the fitter knows what spring configuration you want.

* BEF - do you have ATR as this will give you the ability to change scalars etc as per your E %? The BMS and FuelIt BEFs work within a certain E range so it's good to have the option to adjust yourself. If not you'll either need to run at the E range for the BEF or email Steve - I believer he / his tuner can supply tailored maps at a V competitive price.

* What plugs are you running. OEM generally won't handle what you're looking to do. NGK 5992's work well and others have had success with other alternatives too. You'll need to re-gap to around 0.020'' to 0.022'' though.

* Check your AFE sealed intake will fit OK with TBI - the stock airbox won't and has to be modified.

I also noticed in another thread that you mentioned about possibly changing the **. Not sure of your plans for when but it would be good to do this during the install. It should mean no more work (hopefully therefore no additional cost) and save you a few hours post PS2 install.

Think that should be about it. Feel free to PM me if you need anything as I'm more than happy to share my experience during my PS2 install.
Wow, Keyap thanks for the tips.

Yes on the inlet and DV valve.

** being changed at the same time.

BEF just using the posted one in the large turbo thread or the TBI thread. Once I get everything going I hope to work with Steve and team to get me dialed in.

The AFE intake, if I can't make it work I also have a BMS intake so good there.

The plugs I am using are NGK that I got from the BMS website so I will need to check and see which ones they are. The current gapping I am not sure of, I don't remember what we did during the plug change.

My buddy who is doing the install is a BMW tech so the actual install should go pretty smoothly.

Again thanks for those suggestions and I may take you up on the help via PM.


N55 135i DCT, Pure Stg 2, JB4 map 7 E50, N54tuning **, VRSF 7" IC, VRSF CP, AFE sealed intake, Ohlins R&T, Voshlag camber plates, corner balanced, M3 front control arms, M3 FSB, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 rear wishbone, RPI quad exhaust, APEX Arc 8 wheels, Fuel-it stg2 LPFP- Fuel lines- E sensor, BMS OCC, Quaife LSD
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
VegasJD's Avatar
VegasJD VegasJD is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 207
Join Date: Jan 2011
Car: 2012 bmw 135i
Default 06-11-2016, 12:24 PM

I love mine makes the car a beast when you want it to be enjoy if you got any ?s pm me I'm happy to help


2018 Individual Tanzanite Blue Competition M4
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
keyap keyap is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,674
Join Date: Jun 2012
Car: N55 135i
Default 06-12-2016, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Again thanks for those suggestions
Not a problem

Did you get one of the N54tuning ***?


UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | Berk Race Full Exhaust | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")
Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
Bours Bours is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 496
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i x-drive n55 2011
Default 06-12-2016, 03:56 AM

can someone tell me how much whp a stock turbo n55 produces when its maxed out ? i mean fbo + meth ? cause 340 is low in my book...
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
JacquesN55 JacquesN55 is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 537
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: 2011 N55 135DCT
Default 06-12-2016, 04:06 AM

My friend made 363 whp maxed out FBO at 1400m altitude
Reply With Quote
(#21)
Old
Bours Bours is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 496
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i x-drive n55 2011
Default 06-12-2016, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquesN55
My friend made 363 whp maxed out FBO at 1400m altitude
on pump gas ?
Reply With Quote
(#22)
Old
Bours Bours is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 496
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i x-drive n55 2011
Default 06-12-2016, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bours
on pump gas ?
i thought n55 maxed out on meth were like closer to 400s i had in mind 385 whp
Reply With Quote
(#23)
Old
JacquesN55 JacquesN55 is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 537
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: 2011 N55 135DCT
Default 06-12-2016, 04:21 AM

No on meth and e. But it will be over 400whp at coast
Reply With Quote
(#24)
Old
Bours Bours is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 496
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: 335i x-drive n55 2011
Default 06-12-2016, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquesN55
No on meth and e. But it will be over 400whp at coast
looss 30 whp cause of altitude ?
Reply With Quote
(#25)
Old
JacquesN55 JacquesN55 is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 537
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: 2011 N55 135DCT
Default 06-12-2016, 04:40 AM

About 35 kw
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com