N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW Z4 35I
Default My Nightmare of upgrading turbos/ROB/VARGAS/JPWORKS/DOC RACING - 05-26-2016, 10:16 AM

Ok so first of all i own a bmw z4 2011 with full bolt ons and had my ecu tuned with ess tuning ....stett IC hks bov er chargepipe and NO fuel upgrades at all what so ever......

So back in the end of feb i blew the rear turbo doing a wicked burn out ...oh you know showing off...lmao.....and at this point i knew it was time for hybrids....so before investigating different vendors that make hybrids....i googled it and the first company i saw was robs turbos and i started to call him at first he was kind and me still being knew to all this i kept calling maybe a couple more times...I quickly saw that he was getting annoyed of my questions...and he started to catch a little attitude with me so i never called him back..because that is not great customer service no matter how much a customer annoys you...lol...

So then i found...."Vargas Turbos" so i quickly made an order for the stage 2 hybrids...he told me it would take 4 to 6 weeks....tony was very short with me....had the attitude like he did not care if i bought with him either way he still was rich....thats how i felt...so at this point i still did not research my options and did not know any other vendors.....so i waited the 4 to 6 weeks and still no turbos...i finally called tony up and said hey i need my money back cause im not going to be here waiting like an idiot...he told me he would keep 20 percent of my 3500 witch was hundreds of dollars then i said you know what for get it...how about those cast turbos...tony said good choice those will be don soon keep in mind this was the beginning of April and i believed him once more it would be in a couple weeks.....because the gc were almost done...waited a couple more weeks and finally i told him i cant do this anymore my car has been sitting for 2 months in the dealer just waiting....so now i told tony you can keep the 20 percent and please return my other money because i knew he was wrong and i would get the other money back with my bank.....i was promised finished product by a date and it was not delivered so the bank can get you your money back...just as long as you wait the 4 to 6 weeks....so i got my money back and started to research different companies..

Came across jp works witch had a single kit...i was kind of scared to go single because i heard of all the lag problems and jerry told me to "do not worry" after he heard of everything i been thru and all the time i have been waiting...jerry said it would be a week he promised so i paid the man 2k for the deposit....and waited a week...still nothing......i called and he told me just one more week i said ok i will wait....then another week goes by and still nothing ....i finally told jerry man i cant do this...going on 2 and a hlf months....so i need my money back .....he said its ok ill send you your money back....."got my money back a week later"...jerry was a good man...i just think he was waaaay to busy .....i just think he had to much on his plate....

At this point i was tired and just wanted a single turbo kit that jerry talked me into....did not care how much the price was...i was so stressed out i would pay what ever to get my car running once more...lol....so i found DOC RACING........

John said hey i have everything in stock ready to ship tomorrow ....i was kind of skeptical because of everything i have been thru...but he promised me next day..shipping...at that point i said just here take my money.....sure enough he shipped my turbo kit the next day....i was speechless .....

I got the kit in 4 days....what felt like years...lol....i quickly rented out my buddies shop and did the install my self....the install went great considering the kit was meant to go on a 335i.....i had to customize the IC piping....and the down pipe had to be cut and clocked a little....the y pip was the exact opposite ...so i needed to redo that.....but for the most part the install went great....

Now for the tune i decided to go with jb4 and let me tell you i have awaken a monster from the deepest pit off hell........with the precision 5862 ball bearing turbo the thing reaches full boost at 3500 rpm....at i have it now set to map 6 custom tune at 20psi.....you really have to change your style of driving.......i eat any car that revs their motor at me...lmao....and remember this is stock fuel lpfp and stock hpfp...on 91 pump ...lmao.....

I ate a evo that was dyno'd at 500whp the other day so i know im right around the 500whp range on stock fuel ....i will not go up in psi cause i know she will lean out....so over all i am very happy with my Doc racing kit and John.....I am loving my extra power my baby has...and i recommend anybody still waiting for your turbos from vargas to go to your bank....get your money back and go single...i promise you wont regret it...truuuuussst me.....single is the only way....and Doc sell a Complete kit...smoooth......

ill post pics in a bit.....oh and the single pulls forever.......or so it feels like...lol....GO SINGLE OR GO HOME.........

Last edited by Swiper; 05-27-2016 at 01:46 PM..
(#2)
Old

Default 05-26-2016, 10:27 AM

Oh and people are still waiting on vargas GC'S to this day...smh...
(#3)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 05-26-2016, 10:32 AM

i'm not reading this crap
(#4)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 05-26-2016, 10:33 AM

Paragraphs? What are those?!

Enjoying the new tables discovered and the XDF progress made? if you'd like. Every bit is appreciated!
(#5)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335i Sedan
Default 05-26-2016, 10:36 AM

Pure Turbos would have been another great option for singles
(#6)
Old

Hahaha....read it.....dont read it......either way im still eating evos and sti's for lunch...lmaooo...
(#7)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i

Not a big fan of any of those vendors...

But I can't imagine how hard it would be to communicate with someone who writes like that.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#8)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 05-26-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiper
Hahaha....read it.....dont read it......either way im still eating evos and sti's for lunch...lmaooo...
Yep, typical idiot who mods their car for bragging rights

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#9)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335i Sedan
Default 05-26-2016, 10:38 AM

btw you're writing skills are crap! You have indentation, grammar is crap, looks like one giant blob of words smashed together. but glad you're car is hella fast now.
(#10)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Car: All Things Booost
Default 05-26-2016, 10:41 AM

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with VTT. The GC announcements were for a pre-order and included a significant discount for those that could wait. Some delays did happen, but we're catching up on all the pre-orders and soon will be in a place where same day shipping is a reality. Sounds like your car was down quite a while and the timing just didn't work out. I know how frustrating that can be. Congrats on the DocRace kit, sounds like you have a solid setup and are having fun!

Chris

Chris - VTT Forum Representative
For fastest response: Chris@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#11)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW E90 335i
Default 05-26-2016, 10:43 AM

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black
(#12)
Old

Car: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex91104
btw you're writing skills are crap!

Mmmm irony . . .
(#13)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 335is

Quote:
Ok so first of all i own a bmw z4 2011 with full bolt ons and had my ecu tuned with ess tuning ....stett IC hks bov er chargepipe and NO fuel upgrades at all what so ever......So back in the end of feb i blew the rear turbo doing a wicked burn out ...oh you know showing off...lmao.....and at this point i knew it was time for hybrids....so before investigating different vendors that make hybrids....i googled it and the first company i saw was robs turbos and i started to call him at first he was kind and me still being knew to all this i kept calling maybe a couple more times...I quickly saw that he was getting annoyed of my questions...and he started to catch a little attitude with me so i never called him back..because that is not great customer service no matter how much a customer annoys you...lol...So then i found...."Vargas Turbos" so i quickly made an order for the stage 2 hybrids...he told me it would take 4 to 6 weeks....tony was very short with me....had the attitude like he did not care if i bought with him either way he still was rich....thats how i felt...so at this point i still did not research my options and did not know any other vendors.....so i waited the 4 to 6 weeks and still no turbos...i finally called tony up and said hey i need my money back cause im not going to be here waiting like an idiot...he told me he would keep 20 percent of my 3500 witch was hundreds of dollars then i said you know what for get it...how about those cast turbos...tony said good choice those will be don soon keep in mind this was the beginning of April and i believed him once more it would be in a couple weeks.....because the gc were almost done...waited a couple more weeks and finally i told him i cant do this anymore my car has been sitting for 2 months in the dealer just waiting....so now i told tony you can keep the 20 percent and please return my other money because i knew he was wrong and i would get the other money back with my bank.....i was promised finished product by a date and it was not delivered so the bank can get you your money back...just as long as you wait the 4 to 6 weeks....so i got my money back and started to research different companies..came across jp works witch had a single kit...i was kind of scared to go single because i heard of all the lag problems and jerry told me to "do not worry" after he heard of everything i been thru and all the time i have been waiting...jerry said it would be a week he promised so i paid the man 2k for the deposit....and waited a week...still nothing......i called and he told me just one more week i said ok i will wait....then another week goes by and still nothing ....i finally told jerry man i cant do this...going on 2 and a hlf months....so i need my money back .....he said its ok ill send you your money back....."got my money back a week later"...jerry was a good man...i just think he was waaaay to busy .....i just think he had to much on his plate....at this point i was tired and just wanted a single turbo kit that jerry talked me into....did not care how much the price was...i was so stressed out i would pay what ever to get my car running once more...lol....so i found DOC RACING........john said hey i have everything in stock ready to ship tomorrow ....i was kind of skeptical because of everything i have been thru...but he promised me next day..shipping...at that point i said just here take my money.....sure enough he shipped my turbo kit the next day....i was speechless .....i got the kit in 4 days....what felt like years...lol....i quickly rented out my buddies shop and did the install my self....the install went great considering the kit was meant to go on a 335i.....i had to customize the IC piping....and the down pipe had to be cut and clocked a little....the y pip was the exact opposite ...so i needed to redo that.....but for the most part the install went great....now for the tune i decided to go with jb4 and let me tell you i have awaken a monster from the deepest pit off hell........with the precision 5862 ball bearing turbo the thing reaches full boost at 3800 rpm....at i have it now set to map 6 custom tune at 20psi.....you really have to change your style of driving.......i eat any car that revs their motor at me...lmao....and remember this is stock fuel lpfp and stock hpfp...on 91 pump ...lmao.....I ate a evo that was dyno'd at 500whp the other day so i know im right around the 500whp range on stock fuel ....i will not go up in psi cause i know she will lean out....so over all i am very happy with my Doc racing kit and John.....I am loving my extra power my baby has...and i recommend anybody still waiting for your turbos from vargas to go to your bank....get your money back and go single...i promise you wont regret it...truuuuussst me.....single is the only way....and Doc sell a Complete set...smoooth......ill post pics in a bit.....oh and the single pulls forever.......or so it feels like...lol....GO SINGLE OR GO HOME.........

2012 e92 335is DCT - JB4 G5 - MHD - Precision Raceworks Inlets - AD Engineering CP w/Tial BOV - VRSF ** - BMS OCC - Fuel-it! Stage 2 LPFP

Need: FMIC, PI, Upgraded twins
(#14)
Old

Default 05-26-2016, 10:45 AM

How i wrote my review is really beyond the point.....hahaha....so your bashing really means nothing to me..lmaoooo.....hahaha....still eating evos and sti's though....hahaha.....
(#15)
Old

Default 05-26-2016, 10:46 AM

TL;DR

Blew stockers doing sick burnout, wanted upgrades, RB was a dick, Vargas was a liar and a dick, decided on DOC Race single. Spent 7 grand to run 91 octane. The end.

Last edited by Enfiftyfore; 05-26-2016 at 10:53 AM..
(#16)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 335is
Default 05-26-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfiftyfore
TL;DR

Blew stockers doing suck burnout, wanted upgrades, RB was a dick, Vargas was a liar and a dick, decided on DOC Race single. Spent 7 grand to run 91 octane. The end.
ty. SAVED.

2012 e92 335is DCT - JB4 G5 - MHD - Precision Raceworks Inlets - AD Engineering CP w/Tial BOV - VRSF ** - BMS OCC - Fuel-it! Stage 2 LPFP

Need: FMIC, PI, Upgraded twins
(#17)
Old

Default 05-26-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
TL;DR

Blew stockers doing suck burnout, wanted upgrades, RB was a dick, Vargas was a liar and a dick, decided on DOC Race single. Spent 7 grand to run 91 octane. The end.
hahaha...in that order..lmao
(#18)
Old

Default 05-26-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneiss
Mmmm irony . . .
haha
(#19)
Old
Prodigal Son

Car: 535xi
Default 05-26-2016, 10:50 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Current Ride: Still picking one
(#20)
Old

Default 05-26-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Big deal. I could eat those on stock turbos. Time to race some real cars.

Enjoying the new tables discovered and the XDF progress made? if you'd like. Every bit is appreciated!
(#21)
Old

Default 05-26-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch Black
Thanks for sharing your experience.
your welcome brother...
(#22)
Old

Default 05-26-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyamona
Big deal. I could eat those on stock turbos. Time to race some real cars.
where you located...lets set something up....5k run? haha....let me talk to steve about the port injection kit and run 100 percent e85.....hahaha... put your money where your mouth is..haha
(#23)
Old

Default 05-26-2016, 10:54 AM

I eat them on FBO and stockers. Sti's are slow af. It is rare that you come across a fast one. It takes a ton of money to make them fast.
(#24)
Old

Default 05-26-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
where you located...lets set something up....5k run? haha....let me talk to steve about the port injection kit and run 100 percent e85.....hahaha... put your money where your mouth is..haha
Sure, gonna take more than PI though. You must not know what's on my car

PS, I picture you actually laughing every time you type it out.

(#25)
Old

Default 05-26-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I eat them on FBO and stockers. Sti's are slow af. It is rare that you come across a fast one. It takes a ton of money to make them fast.
yeah well growing up with hondas...and getting eatin all the time..i have grown to hate them....and i was only looking for power to eat them and evos....haha...yeah i know i had a honda though...what a joke...what the hell was i thinking....i know this...lmao
Closed Thread