N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: none
Default Long time in-active member with some JB4 questions - 01-10-2016, 07:18 PM

Hi, I've been a member here for several years now but have pretty much stopped reading since 2011-2012, so lots of catching up to do. I still have a JB3 2.0, so that pretty much says it all.

I did my search and reading, but just want to post my question to confirm my understanding. My apologies in advance if some of these questions have been discussed. Here goes:

1. Can I do the bimmerpost flash or MHD flash with a JB3 2.0?

2. For the N54 JB4 G5 upgrade kit ($175) on the BMS site, what does this include if I'm upgrading from the original JB3 (the original enclosure)? I understand I can do a DIY on the harness to convert to JB4, but would this include JB4 high temp enclosure, JB4 Power wire, Speed limit defeat & Anti lag? Just need to understand what this upgrade provides.

3. Port injection, this is only needed above 550 whp with aftermarket turbos correct?

4. AT is good for how many HP? It starts to slip after 550whp?

5. When I use to be active, the Forge diverter valves use to be the popular choice. Now I am seeing alot of BOV. Is this just a sound preference or is the BOV preferable for higher HP cars?

Thanks in advance. I understand some of these questions might be common sense to some, but to me I feel like I am re-learning this all over again about my car.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2016, 08:53 PM

The JB3 is so obsolete I'd just remove it until you can upgrade it to a current JB4 G5 system. You'll need the G5 box & power wire, and to rewire the harness per the JB3-JB4 directions posted. SLD wires, anti-lag wire, are extra. The box includes an enclosure.

PI is for running straight E85.

AT is good for 550-600whp with a back end flash map loaded.

Forge are OK, Tial BOV is not much louder and a cleaner setup.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: none
Default 01-10-2016, 09:20 PM

Thanks Terry! Great to see you still have upgrade options for your old custies.

One more question, on your site, theres only a 2 step rev limiter for manual. Does this mean its part of the G5 upgrade for AT already?
(#4)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 6MT -- FBO minus FMIC/meth
Default 01-11-2016, 10:13 AM

Can't really use a 2-Step on an AT. It would only work in neutral.