N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2676)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 06-28-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youraveragee90
the noob back at it again just curious, if I run the 93 pump map on the mhd and I put in 100 octane will there be any drivability issues or will the car compensate for the higher octane?
asking this because once in a while when I go to my buddy's house in jersey on the way back to NY is the only 100 octane pump within the general area so its fun putting some of that good stuff in my car and I don't want to have to constantly keep switching to 98 octane because after its done I can only get 93 octane locally
thanks any info Is helpful!!
You probably won't see any real performance gains unless you are tuned for higher octane, e.g., higher timing, higher boost/loads, etc.
(However I'm sure the placebo effect is quite real! Put in race fuel and your foot presses harder on the pedal and your car goes faster.)
(#2677)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-28-2016, 04:39 PM

what is the proper way to use jb4 stacked with mhd.

i want to load the MHD stage 2 bef.

do i put jb4 to 4/2 or 4/4

TFT inlets, charge pipe TIAL BOV
RISS **, Exhaust
Walbro 450
335is Clutch
BMS short shifter
VRSF 7"
Montego Blue 1M clone
@breakmywallet (instagram)
(#2678)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 06-28-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
I will think of this, it's possible but I don't want to add too many settings and confuse people.
Check out these logs and tell me if this is expected. At least I'm not the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom
Is it possible to have an in car toggle for the burble setting? It sounds absolutely amazing and I love it, but it would be 10x better if I could toggle back and forth. The highway crusability isn't great with 5 seconds of aggressive burbles, but it sounds so entertaining. I'd love to be able to choose if I'm out for a serious drive or a fun run. I don't think my boss appreciates it as much as I do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiss91
Pleeeeeease add the option for manual mode only burble and no burble in drive. That would be awesome
Attached Files
File Type: csv MHD EB VERY LIGHT THROTTLE.csv (21.4 KB, 69 views)
File Type: csv MHD EB CC DECEL.csv (31.7 KB, 70 views)

2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#2679)
Old

Default 06-28-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistawall
what is the proper way to use jb4 stacked with mhd.

i want to load the MHD stage 2 bef.

do i put jb4 to 4/2 or 4/4

Bump

RISS **, Exhaust
Walbro 450
335is Clutch
BMS short shifter
VRSF 7"
Montego Blue 1M clone
(#2680)
Old

Car: BMW e93 335i
Default 06-28-2016, 11:45 PM

https://www.facebook.com/MHDtuning/p...12175802377743

Does anyone know anything about this?

BMW 335i e93 M-sport 2007 AT Alpina B3 TCU, JB4 G5 whit MHD BMS backend flash pump
(#2681)
Old

Default 06-29-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
5) Menu4 options are now as follows: 4/2 BEF, 4/3 no BEF, 4/4 Flash Only. Default is 4/3. Note the new menu 4/4 option and details below only apply to those who are not using JB4 tuning and simply want to use the JB4 for gauges and datalogging. If you are using JB4 tuning and/or JB4 back end flash maps read no further.

When mode 4/4 Flash Only is selected the follow occurs:

A) On any map other than 0 the JB4 acts like map4, bypass mode, with JB4 logging/gauges active. The JB4 does not change or alter the tuning. If using JB4 controlled meth then meth will flow on maps 3, 6, and 7 but without a safety system and ignoring whatever boost target the JB4 is programmed to for that map.
B) If you leave the white subconnector installed, the JB4 runs boost targeting using its user adjustment settings including menu 10, 12, FF, duty bias by RPM, anti-rattle, etc. The target is always equal to the flash boost target but the JB4 runs the actual wastegate control. This is useful for switching back and forth between flash only and JB4 maps without opening the DME. Also lets the JB4 mask one of the common problems with flash tuning which is the boost control.
C) If you put the white only subconnector back to stock, as shown in the photo, and what I've done for the flash map testing, then the JB4 and its boost control settings have no influence at all on boost control. It's 100% strictly logging and gauges only.
D) With option 4/4 selected map0 disables the JB4 CANbus module all together allowing for OBDII logging via the MHD. The catch is to use map0 in this mode then you must also run the configuration outlined in 3) with the white subconnector back to stock. The JB4 can not properly control boost without its CANbus module active so map0 on option 4/4 will result in zero boost unless the white subconnector is placed back to stock.
I have the MHD stage 2 loaded.

My jb4 is still fully connected.

Im using it in 4/4 mode because i like to have the option of switching between BMS BEF for daily and MHD stage 2 when i want moor boost without opening my hood and messing with connectors to the dme.

M i doing it right?

some one said i should be running it in 4/2 instead of 4/4. i thought 4/2 was only for BMS bef. can someone elaborate for me?

RISS **, Exhaust
Walbro 450
335is Clutch
BMS short shifter
VRSF 7"
Montego Blue 1M clone
(#2682)
Old

Car: '07 335i MSport Convertible
Default 06-29-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:

Im using it in 4/4 mode because i like to have the option of switching between BMS BEF for daily and MHD stage 2 when i want moor boost without opening my hood and messing with connectors to the dme.

M i doing it right?

some one said i should be running it in 4/2 instead of 4/4. i thought 4/2 was only for BMS bef. can someone elaborate for me?
You can only have one flash on your DME, so unless you are using MHD to change between the BMS BEF and MHD stage 2 you have stage 2 loaded all of the time. Therefore if you run 4/4 you are getting the boost targets set in the MHD Stage 2 BEF but if you have not returned the White JB4 sub connector to stock the JB4 is running the boost control to achieve those targets.

If you select 4/2, the JB4 will set boost targets depending on which map you are in, so Map 1 15psi, Map 2 17psi, Map 3 will depend on adder, Map 4 will be the flash boost targets, Map 5 auto tuning etc. etc.

So, the only way to get MHD Stage 2 as MHD intended is to return the sub connector to stock and run in 4/4. With the connector installed you will get the intended targets but the JB4 is still interfering with DME to meet those targets.

The only way to achieve what you think you are achieving is to use MHD to flash between the BMS BEF and MHD Stage 2, buy I'm not really sure why you'd bother.

| U.K. 2007 E93 335i| JB4 G5 I8A0S Pump Flash| Scoops | BMS DCI | CKS Performance 3" *** | MMP Silicone Inlets | Active Autowerke 5" FMIC | CDV delete |Fob Roof Controls | JB4 Connect rev. 3|
(#2683)
Old

Default 06-29-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyWelshSteve
You can only have one flash on your DME, so unless you are using MHD to change between the BMS BEF and MHD stage 2 you have stage 2 loaded all of the time.
Yes thats what im doing. using MHD to switch between them.

Ok so in theory i have it set up properly. just gotta make sure my jb4 10,11,12 settings are properly configured.

maybe ill try it with the subconnector disconnected some day. i just hate going into my DME box its a pain in the ass.

thank you for the response btw.

Side note: if i put the subconnector back to stock. can i still use meth and 2 step? or is jb4 just for logging at that point?

RISS **, Exhaust
Walbro 450
335is Clutch
BMS short shifter
VRSF 7"
Montego Blue 1M clone
(#2684)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 06-29-2016, 01:44 PM

The exhaust burble does not seem to be working for me. I have tried both medium and aggressive settings at 3 seconds. Does this only work with aggressive driving? I'm still breaking in a new clutch so I have been babying it.

Mods in signature (with can flap open).

2008 335i MT
VRSF Inlets | VRSF Chargepipe | Turbosmart Race Port | VRSF D-***** | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS DCI | BMS Cowl Filters |Spec 3+ Clutch | mFactory Flywheel | UUC SSK | UUC DSSR | Rouge Engineering Trans Mounts (Best Mod Ever) | TWM A6 Leopard Shift Knob (1.07lbs, 2nd Best Mod) | Boost Concepts FPM-1 | Fuel-it ES-1 |JB4 G5 ISO | MHD Flasher
(#2685)
Old

Car: '07 335i MSport Convertible
Default 06-29-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Yes thats what im doing. using MHD to switch between them.

Ok so in theory i have it set up properly. just gotta make sure my jb4 10,11,12 settings are properly configured.

maybe ill try it with the subconnector disconnected some day. i just hate going into my DME box its a pain in the ass.

thank you for the response btw.

Side note: if i put the subconnector back to stock. can i still use meth and 2 step? or is jb4 just for logging at that point?
Meth yes but without safety features of JB4, 2 step idk but I suspect not.

| U.K. 2007 E93 335i| JB4 G5 I8A0S Pump Flash| Scoops | BMS DCI | CKS Performance 3" *** | MMP Silicone Inlets | Active Autowerke 5" FMIC | CDV delete |Fob Roof Controls | JB4 Connect rev. 3|
(#2686)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 06-30-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSicks
God, I thought I was the only one that didn't understand.
lo0o0o0o0ol

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#2687)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 06-30-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Pleeeeeease add the option for manual mode only burble and no burble in drive. That would be awesome
Point taken, I am thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nika1993
Why restrict my region? In my country, too, like n54 engine. Now, because of this limitation, I can not write the maps on your car
Sorry, Google Play is not available in all countries unfortunately - not our decision.
(#2688)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:

M i doing it right?

4/4 is if you want to run the "flash" boost target while 4/2 is the "JB4" boost target...

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2689)
Old

Default 06-30-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
Check out these logs and tell me if this is expected. At least I'm not the only one...
you bump between normal and retarded timing, this causes the jerkiness. In the next MHD the setting will be refined to avoid this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJester
The exhaust burble does not seem to be working for me. I have tried both medium and aggressive settings at 3 seconds. Does this only work with aggressive driving? I'm still breaking in a new clutch so I have been babying it.

Mods in signature (with can flap open).
Do a log and decelerate in sport mode from 4000 to 3000 for instance. Check if ignition is going negative (or 0 if you log with jb4 since it is capped). Exhaust must be warn.
(#2690)
Old

Car: BMW e93 335i
Default 06-30-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
+1 if it is even possible

BMW 335i e93 M-sport 2007 AT Alpina B3 TCU, JB4 G5 whit MHD BMS backend flash pump
(#2691)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 06-30-2016, 10:24 PM

Guys is the 2011 1M ICKOS DME supported by MHD?
(#2692)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 07-01-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nika1993
Someone send me an email apk file so that I could install mhd Flasher. gochaevich@gmail.com
Your best bet would be to use a VPN on your phone to get on the google store, and purchase all you need , then you can safely flash once you have the license.
(#2693)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 07-01-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
No issues on mine.
Tried it on my car, no errors so far, but can feel when I'm cruising at 60-70 low padel, release then press softly 10-20% padel I can feel the car like light shake or hesitate, this doesn't happen without the burble option enabled.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#2694)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 07-02-2016, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
Tried it on my car, no errors so far, but can feel when I'm cruising at 60-70 low padel, release then press softly 10-20% padel I can feel the car like light shake or hesitate, this doesn't happen without the burble option enabled.
This issue have been addressed before without any solution so far i'm also in hot climate zone 'gulf country' it is now 50 celsius and when i drive from the stand still the car turn off that exactly like the cold zone flash test that i have before, regardless, i don't know how MHD distinguish between their flashes between hot zone and cold since BMW dose that in their flash.
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...t=39760&page=3

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#2695)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 07-03-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1
@MHD

I know the answer is posted somewhere, I didn't find it though.

I had flashed with my tablet. I now want to switch to my new phone.
How do I go about doing that? (the tablet will be sold and I will not have access to it)

I just want confirmation that MHD does or does not leave information on an old device that needs to be transferred to a new device.
My understanding is that there is info on the old device that needs to be transferred.

2010 135i auto,
2020 mods: Speedtech S366, VTT DBBL, PR Coils, dual 450's, etc
Best stock turbo 1/8 mile: 7.469 @ 98.56, 1.769 60'
Best stock turbo 1/4 mile: 11.480 @ 121.79 1.802 60'
(#2696)
Old

Car: 2007 335xi 6MT Sedan
Default 07-03-2016, 01:03 PM

only thing that should remain on the device that would need to be transferred over to the new device is any custom tunes, bef tunes, and your stock backup if you backed up the ecu.

everything else in regards to MHD like licenses and ots tunes, are linked to the google account they were purchased under. so if you logon to the other device with the correct google account. and open mhd your licenses and etc will transfer.

the other stuff transfer manually

"Increasing the Area Under The Curve"
Custom Performance ECU Calibration
www.twistedtuning.com
twistedtuned@gmail.com
(#2697)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-03-2016, 05:04 PM

I see it has been noted before but I will add myself to the list, under light throttle with the exhaust burble option selected there is an annoying jerk/hesitation/stutter making highway travel uncomfortable. I am sure there developers of this modification can help smooth this out under partial throttle.

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" **'s|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#2698)
Old

Car: BMW 335is
Default 07-03-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kish2604
I see it has been noted before but I will add myself to the list, under light throttle with the exhaust burble option selected there is an annoying jerk/hesitation/stutter making highway travel uncomfortable. I am sure there developers of this modification can help smooth this out under partial throttle.
I've encountered the same issue as well. Another one for the list! I'll probably be disabling it for the time being.
(#2699)
Old

Default 07-05-2016, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by za_1m
Guys is the 2011 1M ICKOS DME supported by MHD?
as replied per email - IKC0S is an older ROM on 1M. We only support the latest version for each car, in this case IKM0S.
MHD will update your software version to IKM0S automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1
I just want confirmation that MHD does or does not leave information on an old device that needs to be transferred to a new device.
My understanding is that there is info on the old device that needs to be transferred.
Twisted summed it up well. As for the ECU backup - it's not needed to flash you back to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3hD0gg
I've encountered the same issue as well. Another one for the list! I'll probably be disabling it for the time being.
Will refine the mod in MHD 1.40.
(#2700)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 07-05-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kish2604
I noticed the same thing.

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com