N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2926)
Old

Car: 2009 335xi
Default 11-10-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's a PDF. A log is a CSV file.

so my rear o2 sensors aren't in the right place.. thats a known. further than that... I'm lost.
Attached Files
File Type: csv csv map1.csv (13.3 KB, 68 views)

2009 335Xi N54, Fuel It! Bucketless stg.3 pump, single turbo
(#2927)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhavok253
so my rear o2 sensors aren't in the right place.. thats a known. further than that... I'm lost.
On my bank 1? Header there is a rear port and a front port, the rear port is close to the port for the bank 2 side of the header and where exhaust would merge closest between the two seemed like the most appropriate spot to put the o2. My rear 02s are in the stupidest imaginable spot (facing down) and I would like to just remove the darn things altogether. Itís my understanding that a number of people actually do and have no ill effect. Itís also been stated that having the rear (post ***) o2s in will mess with readings and peg your A/F to 20 on a ST setup. That, or my o2s are dead (they shouldnít be- they worked fine on a FBO twin setup and read right.

Any input on settings from my map1 CSV file? I feel like Iím running lean and donít want to go to 2 yet to log until I get some input

(#2928)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 10:50 PM

Anyone?

(#2929)
Old

Car: 135i
Default Which BEF - 11-23-2018, 09:40 PM

How much e85 can I run on the ST.bin ? Or is it possible to run small mixtures of e85 on the BEF ST.E85bin?
(#2930)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2018, 10:09 PM

For E40 the E85, for E20 the normal ST. On my to-do list is a better auto tuning single turbo E85 map using the new MHD flex fuel logic in the BEF.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2931)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigs135
I am just about finished with my Doc race 6026 set up. I am running the ST Backend flash. I want to take some logs to have other eyes check for variables. How and where do I post? thanks
This thread is fine for single turbos, it's a small enough community.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2932)
Old

Default 12-06-2018, 09:17 AM

@Payam/Terry

Just had my DOC 6466, DOC intake manifold with PI, PR ignition kit, Stage3 pump, clutch, LSD, etc, etc installed. Trying to run some logs on 93 pump gas just to work out the kinks.

Just a FYI, I'm just running the waste gate springs (14psi) on map 1 to break this clutch in.

Also.......why would the target boost be so low?

Added a map 3 run (the second one) and still only hitting WG spring target (15psi)
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-03 15_21_55.csv (7.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: csv 2018-12-06 16_12_21.csv (7.7 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by Digital Blasphemy; 12-10-2018 at 08:10 AM..
(#2933)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Blasphemy
@Payam/Terry

Just had my DOC 6466, DOC intake manifold with PI, PR ignition kit, Stage3 pump, clutch, LSD, etc, etc installed. Trying to run some logs on 93 pump gas just to work out the kinks.

Just a FYI, I'm just running the waste gate springs (14psi) on map 1 to break this clutch in.

Also.......why would the target boost be so low?

Added a map 3 run (the second one) and still only hitting WG spring target (15psi)
......anyone?
(#2934)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-11-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
......anyone?
You have a 3rd gear boost limit at 2. Change it back to 0 and get another log on map 2.

Burger Motorsports

(#2935)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You have a 3rd gear boost limit at 2. Change it back to 0 and get another log on map 2.
Payam-

Thanks a bunch!! I'll correct and get some logs.

Last edited by Digital Blasphemy; 12-11-2018 at 04:11 PM..
(#2936)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-11-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Payam-

Thanks a bunch!! I'll correct and get some logs.
You can email me if you'd like. I think I already got some of them forwarded to me. Gertlmj sound familiar to you?

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#2937)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You can email me if you'd like. I think I already got some of them forwarded to me. Gertlmj sound familiar to you?

Payam@burgertuning.com
That's it. Awesome and tell Mike thanks as well. I'm sure that will help a bunch if somehow that got set to 3psi by accident. Looked at logs and as soon as I shifted to 4th target boost was normal on those logs. Ill change it ASAP and email you with the results. Again guys, awesome support!!
(#2938)
Old

Car: 08 335i sedan
Default 12-18-2018, 11:08 AM

Hi, after updating my jb4 to the latest st firmware, my gauges hijack at ~20% throttle. Is there a fix for this? I've tried disabling and re enabling, and it still does it. I've tried emailing bms to no prevail. Whoever i talked to actually completely disregarded my question and just told me that the jb4 should not hijack until >50%. It worked properly before the st firmware..

Also, is there a way to delete the rear o2's, since they're clearly not needed with a st setup?

08 335i e90 sparkling graphite metallic, Spec stage 2+ clutch, FuelIt! stage 2 fuel pump, PI, 67mm ST, custom exhaust, jb4, bms backend
(#2939)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-18-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline75
Hi, after updating my jb4 to the latest st firmware, my gauges hijack at ~20% throttle. Is there a fix for this? I've tried disabling and re enabling, and it still does it. I've tried emailing bms to no prevail. Whoever i talked to actually completely disregarded my question and just told me that the jb4 should not hijack until >50%. It worked properly before the st firmware..

Also, is there a way to delete the rear o2's, since they're clearly not needed with a st setup?
Do you have a pedal tuner or have you adjusted your pedal sensitivity? That's the only thing I can think of.

Rear O2 is in the flash.

Burger Motorsports

(#2940)
Old

Car: 08 335i sedan
Default 12-18-2018, 12:36 PM

No sir, no pedal tuner, and using the as posted st bef, pump and e85. I'm not using the thr maps either.

I didn't see anything for the rear o2, but i will check again

08 335i e90 sparkling graphite metallic, Spec stage 2+ clutch, FuelIt! stage 2 fuel pump, PI, 67mm ST, custom exhaust, jb4, bms backend
(#2941)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 12-20-2018, 10:22 AM

Any recent developments on the bank to bank trim variations over time?

It's a very minor gripe as I've only had to deal with it a few times, but I felt like sharing for the sake of discussion. Keep in mind I usually drive my car for 90 minutes at a clip, rarely less. I always preface a drive by pressing the ignition button, allowing the pumps to prime and to allow the adaptions to reset as designed by the JB4 to avoid this very problem, before firing the car up.

Back over the Thanksgiving holiday, I took a trip from Asheville, NC to Savannah, GA and back in the 1er -- about 4.5 hours one way. About 4 hours into the trip, I notice the car slightly misfiring, check the JB4 mobile app and see that my bank 1 trims are not anywhere in line with bank 2. As soon as I delete codes the car clears up for another 60 seconds or so before it reappears. I eventually got off an exit, cut the car off, reset adaptations, and things were gravy again. A few days later when I was leaving, about 30 minutes into the trip back home, same thing. Another 30 minutes of driving, and happened again. Eventually the trim variation stopped, and I had no other issues once I arrived back home, so I chalked it up to elevation difference. Asheville is 2,134FT while Savannah is on the coast.

Fast forward to today. I leave my house and immediately hit a 45 minute traffic jam, finally get out of it and drive another 1.5 hours straight. At the tail end of the drive, once again trims separate and cause the same issue as before.

Is this just the nature of running a single turbo? Usually not a huge deal as my normal commute is under the threshold of this separation taking affect, but thought I'd ask!

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#2942)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 12-20-2018, 09:57 PM

I just got 2c9f code.
run with jb4 bef pump.bin on mhd thread.
already pin 19&20 out from black sub connector.
should I revise that jb4 bef pump.bin to remove that code??
(#2943)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-21-2018, 07:47 AM

AFR difference between bank 1 and bank 2 .
after push gas pedal and relese gas pedal , the bank 1 is too late back to IDLE(14~15) from 20
what's the problem on this log???

any idea??
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-21 15_07_53_Map-1.csv (30.5 KB, 47 views)
(#2944)
Old

Question Single turbo Start up then dies - 01-05-2019, 10:49 PM

Hey Terry. I decided to try and do my first start up today on my ST Set up. I uploaded the firmware for the Mac solenoid (T5 hex). Then I did the STPumpBIN BEF. I started up the car 3 times. Each time it runs for 30 seconds and shuts down and then the fan runs on a high speed.

Codes I am getting
2ABD Intake pressure sensor, re-running
2b2c
29F1 Fuel pressure, plausibility

Any help would be great? I am wondering if there is anything I have to do since I installed the BMS 3.5bar Tmap sensor? Also all of my DUTY BIAS are set to 50 and Default Wastegate Pos at 75.

Thank you for reading, Will
(#2945)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 01-06-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Hey Terry. I decided to try and do my first start up today on my ST Set up. I uploaded the firmware for the Mac solenoid (T5 hex). Then I did the STPumpBIN BEF. I started up the car 3 times. Each time it runs for 30 seconds and shuts down and then the fan runs on a high speed.

Codes I am getting
2ABD Intake pressure sensor, re-running
2b2c
29F1 Fuel pressure, plausibility

Any help would be great? I am wondering if there is anything I have to do since I installed the BMS 3.5bar Tmap sensor? Also all of my DUTY BIAS are set to 50 and Default Wastegate Pos at 75.

Thank you for reading, Will
You have to change your JB4 settings if you installed a 3.5bar sensor
(#2946)
Old

Default 01-06-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07335i
AFR difference between bank 1 and bank 2 .
after push gas pedal and relese gas pedal , the bank 1 is too late back to IDLE(14~15) from 20
what's the problem on this log???

any idea??
While coasting your AFRS are going to be between 14-15 that's typical, when you let off the throttle it will go to 20 that's normal. Next time actually do a third gear pull all the way to redlne that way you can see if you ACTUALLY have an issue.
(#2947)
Old

Default Tmap sensor settings - 01-06-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
You have to change your JB4 settings if you installed a 3.5bar sensor
Ok. What settings do I need to change though? Any idea? I can't find any threads on this yet. I will continue searching!
(#2948)
Old

Default 01-06-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Ok. What settings do I need to change though? Any idea? I can't find any threads on this yet. I will continue searching!
Right under future use D function, there is a setting you change to 1
(#2949)
Old

Default 01-08-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
This thread is fine for single turbos, it's a small enough community.

This is my first start up with my ST. There is a loud squealing noise and the car dies after about a minute. It also runs very rich! I am also getting 29F1 & 2B2C codes. But my fuel pump seems fine on both ends. Stage 3 LPFP by the way.

In my Duty Bias I put everything to 50, but what should I put for

*Default Wastegate Position - ?
*PID Gain - ?
* FF/Wastegate Adaptation - 75
* Fuel Open Loop - ?

Do I just leave them to 0? Or?

Also, as I connect to the jb4 bluetooth it shows a message that it is putting it into safety mode.

Any ideas with what to do next would be awesome!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-07 16_43_15 Map-1.csv (44.9 KB, 51 views)
(#2950)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-08-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
This is my first start up with my ST. There is a loud squealing noise and the car dies after about a minute. It also runs very rich! I am also getting 29F1 & 2B2C codes. But my fuel pump seems fine on both ends. Stage 3 LPFP by the way.

In my Duty Bias I put everything to 50, but what should I put for

*Default Wastegate Position - ?
*PID Gain - ?
* FF/Wastegate Adaptation - 75
* Fuel Open Loop - ?

Do I just leave them to 0? Or?

Also, as I connect to the jb4 bluetooth it shows a message that it is putting it into safety mode.

Any ideas with what to do next would be awesome!
Replied to your email.

Did you do uncheck the MHD 3.5 bar and reflash the car?

Duty bias to 50 across the board
DWP to 60
FF to 20
FOL to 50
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports