N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2726)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6MT
Default 11-30-2017, 06:20 AM

wastegate pressures are now where they are suppose to be (9-10pai) ! but other map I cant get over wastegate pressure. I will double check my lines but does it matter what connector I plug the Mac solenoid in to?
(#2727)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2017, 08:41 AM

It does not. If you're not able to build boost over WG spring when WGDC is going up then then you will want to isolate whether you have a physical or electrical issue with the boost control.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2728)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 12-06-2017, 10:29 AM

I bought the Mac solenoid from the bms website and the vacuum npt nipple size seems to be 1/8", my turbo kit came with 1/4" vacuum lines, would 1/8" lines be sufficient enough for vacuum lines?
(#2729)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2017, 10:30 AM

I'd suggest using hard lines, not rubber lines. But the size doens't matter much.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2730)
Old

Default 12-06-2017, 12:09 PM

Yes I plan on using stainless steel lines, just wanted to make sure I got the right size lines
(#2731)
Old

Default 12-06-2017, 02:51 PM

I keep getting kicked out of maps for too lean. I have ADV sensors, I clicked ADV sensor option in MHD is there any changes I have to make in the JB4?
(#2732)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2017, 05:47 PM

JB4 log?

For ADV sensor disable the JB4 single turbo o2 sensor pressure compensation.

Burger Motorsports

(#2733)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 12-07-2017, 04:45 AM

Hello guys, few questions on NLS/2step

1. I can't hold the set revs for the start. It starts with 2.500 (where 2500 is the setting) for example, goes to 3500-4000 and then back. Never stable

2. Rolling launch isn't working at all, or again flies with revs

3. I am unable to set setting 4/4 in the JB steering wheel menu (it jumps back to 4/3

Any help is appreciated. No sure if relevant, but the car isn't running "shelf" flash, so if JB4 BE flash is a mandatory, then I will try with it first. It single turbo setup..

------------------------------------------------------------
2007 335i MT N54
MHD+JB4 Garret GTW3684 ST
FMIC, **, 3" *****, Fuel-It Stage 1, MF LSD.
------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by imad777; 12-07-2017 at 06:17 AM..
(#2734)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2017, 02:51 PM

For anti lag to work several flash changes are needed. Did you migrate those over?

Burger Motorsports

(#2735)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 12-11-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'd suggest using hard lines, not rubber lines. But the size doens't matter much.
any link to buy the hard lines???
I use the rubber lines...the rubber lines already 3 times replaced..
(#2736)
Old

Default 12-26-2017, 10:36 AM

hey guys im having an issue still with having jb4 control boost over wastegate pressures.
heres my log, wonder if you guys can see something im not seeing. Ive checked my lines they look fine. and I have done the proper jb4 BEF and Frimware files.

VM 6266, CKI o2 sensors, stock Map sensor

Please let me know what you think or if you guys have any other suggestions!
p.s first time posting a log so hopefully it worked
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-12-21 18_21_35 single turbo log.csv (11.4 KB, 64 views)
(#2737)
Old

Car: BMW 2009 335i xdrive
Default 12-28-2017, 06:41 AM

Looks like you're nowhere near target boost. Did you plug in your MAC solenoid?

|E92 335i xDrive| |JB4+MHD BEF| |VM Single Turbo Kit + PTE 6466| |Built Auto Trans| |xHP Trans Flash| |Stage 4-Triple Walbro 450s, fpr + return| |EOS Intake with Port Injection| |AD-ENG FMIC + AD-ENG OCC| |RB PCV Kit| |PR Ignition kit| |Built N54: Darton Sleeved, Manley I-Beam Rods+ARP Rod Bolts, JE 9.5:1 Pistons, JE Wrist Pins, VAC coated main & rod bearings + ARP Head Studs| |Keyed crankshaft snout, crank hub, timing & oil pump sprockets + VTT crank-bolt capture| |ADV Oxygen Sensors|
(#2738)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilly
hey guys im having an issue still with having jb4 control boost over wastegate pressures.
heres my log, wonder if you guys can see something im not seeing. Ive checked my lines they look fine. and I have done the proper jb4 BEF and Frimware files.

VM 6266, CKI o2 sensors, stock Map sensor

Please let me know what you think or if you guys have any other suggestions!
p.s first time posting a log so hopefully it worked
Assuming you get the same boost on map1 (WGDC pinned at 0%) then its some sort of mechanical or electrical issue on the solenoid or wastegate.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2739)
Old

Default 01-02-2018, 02:30 PM

hey Terry thanks for the reply. Im trying to see if I have an electrical issues with the solenoid. any suggestions on how to test the solenoid? I figured Id just hug up my voltmeter to the back of the solenoid and see if I see any voltage while the wgdc is changing.
(#2740)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2018, 09:31 PM

In the frist post we might have some directions, or in the thread. If you can get WGDC around 50% at idle you should hear solenoid clicking away.

Burger Motorsports

(#2741)
Old

Car: 2008 135i 6MT
Default 01-04-2018, 10:40 PM

How is load scaled / reported back to the dme on the current firmware when going to an n20 tmap? Is load capped, scaled linearly from 75, or something else? Want to know how to adjust my flash to suit.
(#2742)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-06-2018, 05:19 PM

Just log and look at dme bt, ECU psi, and load.

Burger Motorsports

(#2743)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 09:15 AM

I'm almost done with my ST install, do I need to reset my JB4 setting back to default or will the firmware change the settings when I upload them? I'm aware of setting ff low and letting it relearn and setting dwp at 75 as a starting point but I'm mainly referring to fuel open loop, etc. Also, will fresh stock spark plugs be good for safety 17psi? I'm working on isolating an issue before putting my ngks.
(#2744)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2018, 10:26 AM

You'd need to manually change any settings. Key is evaluating map1 first to ensure your hardware is OK. The map2 to ensure you achieve boost control of a low boost target. Before moving forward.

Burger Motorsports

(#2745)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You'd need to manually change any settings. Key is evaluating map1 first to ensure your hardware is OK. The map2 to ensure you achieve boost control of a low boost target. Before moving forward.
So what settings do you recomend to manually change initially? My fuel open loop is at 90, ff is somewhere in the 90s, and dwp is at default, this is on my current twin setup. Once everything is installed tonight I'm going to flash to the st firmware
(#2746)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-15-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
So what settings do you recomend to manually change initially? My fuel open loop is at 90, ff is somewhere in the 90s, and dwp is at default, this is on my current twin setup. Once everything is installed tonight I'm going to flash to the st firmware
Just input the values that are on first page of this thread.

Burger Motorsports

(#2747)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Just input the values that are on first page of this thread.
Got it, thank you very much
(#2748)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-15-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
Got it, thank you very much
Start with map 1 as Terry said to make sure youre hittigg WG boost. Then move onto map 2 etc evaluating the logs as you go.

Burger Motorsports

(#2749)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Start with map 1 as Terry said to make sure youre hittigg WG boost. Then move onto map 2 etc evaluating the logs as you go.
What E85 mix do I need for 20psi for map 2 or would 91 pump be fine?
(#2750)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2018, 07:49 PM

When you do the map1 log if boost looks like this, way out of control, you know there is a physical issue with the WG or solenoid plumbing.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports