N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: M140i
Default Erratic needles on M140i shadow edition cluster - 09-07-2018, 06:09 AM

Installed my JB4 today on my Shadow edition 140i, using the dash menu the mph needle was jumping all over the place. Ie, when 1 was selected it was jumping between 0-2 and bouncing up and down.

Is this a known issue or is something up with my unit/install ?

Update:
Uploaded the latest firmware and this is still an issue, also tacho does not move when selecting an option. The controls still work though as I managed to count the clicks and turn off the fuel needle hijack. Instrument cluster is the 6WA backlit one I believe.

Edit: attached first log, I did a long run but cut out a lot before I pushed the engine a bit harder, appreciated if someone could take a look. Seems boost target and boost aren't functioning correctly ?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-07 12_37_18.csv (123.6 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by Andrew1810; 09-07-2018 at 06:24 AM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2018, 07:50 AM

Yes, we need to reprogram for the new dash soon. Waiting for a car with one locally to turn up. For now just disable wheel controls and use JB4 mobile for selections and we'll fix it via a future firmware update.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-07-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes, we need to reprogram for the new dash soon. Waiting for a car with one locally to turn up. For now just disable wheel controls and use JB4 mobile for selections and we'll fix it via a future firmware update.
Thanks Terry,

That's good to know it's not just me at least !

How would I go about disabling them ? Or shall I just leave them alone ?

Lastly, are you aware of any plans for JB4 mobile to include to options for needle hijacking within the settings or would that be best to ask the developer direct ?
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2018, 08:33 AM

There is a FUD bit setting to disable wheel controls. Or just don't enter them.

If you need to enable specific options that are within the dash only then you can use the BC buttons for that but count clicks as the dash won't provide the feedback you need.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 09-07-2018, 10:46 AM

Okay great, thanks again !

Could you check this log for me ? Not sure if some bits are being thrown off with communication issues through canbus such as speed not working ?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-07 18_28_11 check.csv (6.3 KB, 52 views)
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-07-2018, 11:34 AM

You have a limiter set in second gear to 0.6. You will need to fix that. Then get another log for me. 3rd gear from 2krpm till redline, map 2 and 3.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 09-07-2018, 01:21 PM

Do the user settings stay in place for all maps ?

I bought this off a member on Facebook, would I be better off checking the settings against the ones on the install page and matching them up ?
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2018, 05:27 PM

Good idea.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 09-10-2018, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You have a limiter set in second gear to 0.6. You will need to fix that. Then get another log for me. 3rd gear from 2krpm till redline, map 2 and 3.
I managed to get some logs from map 2 yesterday, hopefully will be able to get some for map 3 soon, had a slight incident which needs to be looking into before I can head out again though...
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-09 15_59_19 1.csv (10.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-09 15_55_43 2.csv (9.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-09 16_00_12 GC.csv (8.4 KB, 40 views)
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-10-2018, 08:25 AM

Looks okay, might need higher octane a few timing drops.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 09-10-2018, 08:28 AM

Might have to get a booster then as I am running UK Ron 99 rated fuel, will try again after another fill up and see how that goes.
(#12)
Old

Default 10-04-2018, 02:40 PM

Hi, got a couple more logs Iím hoping might be able to be reviewed ?

Appreciated
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-04 22_20_47 1.csv (10.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: csv 2018-10-04 22_24_58 2.csv (12.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: csv 2018-10-04 22_22_10 3.csv (11.3 KB, 39 views)