N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2020, 06:36 PM

91 octane is pretty lackluster fuel so gains will be more muted, but there is certainly more potential in them. Next up we need to get the fuel control wires active to lean the too-rich factory AFR levels out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#277)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-17-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbot
I share similar lack lustre gains as C777.
I used Dragy as recommended by Ando G who I was corresponding with over email from Burgertuning. 0-60 times were only improved by 0.5sec on Map 2 with no noticeable/appreciable difference in pull and/or lag on 91 octane in Canada.
My logs did technically show a slight increase in boost but I would have thought a 75hp and ftlb torque gain would physically be more noticeable. Is this tune meant more for a base Ghibli Q4?
I drive a 2017 SQ4 Nerissimo Edition.
Thanks
Got any logs for us to take a look at?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#278)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli
Default New update anytime soon? - 02-27-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Got any logs for us to take a look at?
When are we getting updates for the Maserati Ghibli maps? Are they any improve maps out there yet?
(#279)
Old

Default 02-28-2020, 08:19 AM

I ran a few pulls this morning on map5 with an e-85 blend. The first pull resulted in two misfire codes and the engine stuttered pretty significantly. Logs are attached. For what it’s worth, the engine was at operating temperature and spark plugs have less than 1,000 miles on them.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-28 08_43_33_Map-5.csv (47.0 KB, 12 views)
(#280)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-28-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandontwalker
I ran a few pulls this morning on map5 with an e-85 blend. The first pull resulted in two misfire codes and the engine stuttered pretty significantly. Logs are attached. For what it’s worth, the engine was at operating temperature and spark plugs have less than 1,000 miles on them.
Did you tighten the spark plug gap, or just put new stock ones in place?

Burger Motorsports

(#281)
Old

Default 02-28-2020, 03:44 PM

Plugs were gapped to .022 when installed per the advice of Terry.
(#282)
Old

Car: 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default 03-14-2020, 02:03 PM

after some spirited driving, I got a check engine light today and the car went limp mode and cant get pass 2500 rpm so I had to pull to the side. restarted the car and the limp mode went out but the check engine light was still on. I used the jb4 app to get the code and it says 304B with no desctiptions. I searched for this error code and the closes I can find is P0304

Worn out spark plugs, ignition wires, coil(s), distributor cap and rotor (when applicable), Incorrect ignition timing, Vacuum leak(s), Low or weak fuel pressure, Improperly functioning EGR system, Defective Mass Air Flow Sensor, Defective Crankshaft and/or Camshaft Sensor, Defective Throttle Position Sensor, Mechanical engine problems (i.e.—low compression, leaking head gasket(s), or valve problems)Worn out spark plugs, ignition wires, coil(s), distributor cap and rotor (when applicable), Incorrect ignition timing, Vacuum leak(s), Low or weak fuel pressure, Improperly functioning EGR system, Defective Mass Air Flow Sensor, Defective Crankshaft and/or Camshaft Sensor, Defective Throttle Position Sensor, Mechanical engine problems (i.e.—low compression, leaking head gasket(s), or valve problems)

The car has been running jb4 for a while now and I always on map2 with 91 oct all the time. any idea what this 304b is and is it the same as the P0304 above? Everything is back to normal after I restarted the car.
(#283)
Old

Car: 2016 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default 03-14-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whooopasss
after some spirited driving, I got a check engine light today and the car went limp mode and cant get pass 2500 rpm so I had to pull to the side. restarted the car and the limp mode went out but the check engine light was still on. I used the jb4 app to get the code and it says 304B with no desctiptions. I searched for this error code and the closes I can find is P0304

Worn out spark plugs, ignition wires, coil(s), distributor cap and rotor (when applicable), Incorrect ignition timing, Vacuum leak(s), Low or weak fuel pressure, Improperly functioning EGR system, Defective Mass Air Flow Sensor, Defective Crankshaft and/or Camshaft Sensor, Defective Throttle Position Sensor, Mechanical engine problems (i.e.—low compression, leaking head gasket(s), or valve problems)Worn out spark plugs, ignition wires, coil(s), distributor cap and rotor (when applicable), Incorrect ignition timing, Vacuum leak(s), Low or weak fuel pressure, Improperly functioning EGR system, Defective Mass Air Flow Sensor, Defective Crankshaft and/or Camshaft Sensor, Defective Throttle Position Sensor, Mechanical engine problems (i.e.—low compression, leaking head gasket(s), or valve problems)

The car has been running jb4 for a while now and I always on map2 with 91 oct all the time. any idea what this 304b is and is it the same as the P0304 above? Everything is back to normal after I restarted the car.

Typically a 300 is a general misfire code. It is usually comes with a 301 - 306 to identify which specific cylinder. I have had several misfires on my car but never a "b" addition to the cylinder ID and its never gone into limp mode. I would guess its a misfire, especially if it happen on a shift. Did the car shutter or pop/crack as part of the shift? Those are the signs I get when I get a 300 type code. Night want to look at your plugs. Probably fouled number 4. I just replace mine plugs after 14k and 3 months on JB4, I have been on Map5 with a pretty aggressive e54/91 blend. Car is much smoother with the new plugs. Also be sure to check the gap. .022 is the recco. But the pro guys on here can confirm and clarify. Those are the things I've dealt with and done to address 300 type codes.
(#284)
Old

Default 03-14-2020, 03:21 PM

Yes there was a pop. Ok i will replace the sparkplug and see if it comes back. Thank you,
(#285)
Old

Default 03-21-2020, 02:55 PM

ok, after replacing the sparkplug gapped (gapped correctly) everything is now normal. no cel even under sustainged boost. thanks guys!
(#286)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-23-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whooopasss
ok, after replacing the sparkplug gapped (gapped correctly) everything is now normal. no cel even under sustainged boost. thanks guys!
Common when making more power, glad it's moving out like a beast again!

Burger Motorsports