N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#226)
Old

Car: 2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Default 07-19-2021, 06:46 AM

Just placed a preorder

Terry, there was no specific option for the CX-9 when I placed my order, so I just chose the "2017+ Mazda CX" option. Did I need to specify that it was for the CX-9?

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
(#227)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1ke
Just placed a preorder

Terry, there was no specific option for the CX-9 when I placed my order, so I just chose the "2017+ Mazda CX" option. Did I need to specify that it was for the CX-9?
The CX models all use the same version, except the 2021 CX-30. You can always confirm by checking your MAP sensors. The CX version has two 4 position sensors, one on the intake, and one on the intercooler (hard to reach). The other models all have one 4 position sensor and one 3 position sensor, both of which are easy to reach.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#228)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_TPPH
Ordered my JB4 ordered for the 3 Turbo! Just as I was considering trading it in, I got the text that it was available! I know itís gonna be several weeks to a month out, but is there anything I need to know about install or setup before I receive it?
No just install and go when it arrives!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#229)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2
Curious how many of us M3T owners have the JB4 installed?

If you are one of us - hope you are data-logging and sharing your logs with BMS
There are around 15 total so far. But we just opened up ordering for the next batch and plan to greatly expand that in a few weeks.

Burger Motorsports

(#230)
Old

Car: 2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Default 07-19-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The CX models all use the same version, except the 2021 CX-30. You can always confirm by checking your MAP sensors. The CX version has two 4 position sensors, one on the intake, and one on the intercooler (hard to reach). The other models all have one 4 position sensor and one 3 position sensor, both of which are easy to reach.
Great, thank you for confirming. Can't wait!

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
(#231)
Old

Car: Cx5 turbo
Default 07-19-2021, 01:15 PM

I had posted my Jb4 cx5 on our Cx5 local pages, when you opened the stocks, my god did i get spammed by users for info...Expect a few orders from Quebec and Canada!
(#232)
Old

Car: Honda Civic Type R
Default 07-19-2021, 06:29 PM

Terry, will the wireless connector from another JB4 (Honda civic type R) also work for the Mazda 2.5T JB4? Thanks!
(#233)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3
Default 07-19-2021, 11:25 PM

Hey Terry, would it be possible to add burbles and crackles to the exhaust through one of the maps?
(#234)
Old

Car: 2021 mazda3 hatchback 2.5 turbo
Default 07-20-2021, 08:45 AM

Just ordered mine!! Is there any way to see if I made the cut or were they all ordered before I was able to put my order through??? Order # BMS222911
Did I get lucky???? or
(#235)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 turbo
Default 07-21-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman246
Hey Terry, would it be possible to add burbles and crackles to the exhaust through one of the maps?
That's not how tunes work.
You will need eliminate the noise surpression that's designed into the air box or what is designed into the dampening baffles of the exhaust
(#236)
Old

Car: Mazda3 turbo
Default 07-21-2021, 06:17 PM

Any dragy times with the M3T with the map 1 and 2 !!??🤔
(#237)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman246
No you have to change fuel injection timing for that and it's beyond the scope of something we can safely do with a piggyback system. It would also violate emissions law so not worth it for us.

Burger Motorsports

(#238)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2021, 02:41 PM

Keep the install photos on the CX models rolling in, need a few more photos to complete the guide!

Burger Motorsports

(#239)
Old

Car: MAzda3 GT AWD Turbo
Default 07-22-2021, 04:00 PM

Greetings all, I can't wait for my kit to rrive! :D

I have one question, how the heck can you do a 0-60 in 5.8 when I am doing 6.32 (to 100kmh so around 6.2x if it was to 60).?
I have a very bad 60ft, my best is 2.1s, I wonder if it's because the car is too new or the Dragy has a slight lag?
I run on Indy 500's!

Cheers!
(#240)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
Default Today, 12:06 PM

I apologize in advance if it is a dumb question, but I am very excited about having the jb4 kit come in (sometime in August hopefully) for my Mazda 3 Turbo hatch!

I'm aware from reading this thread to set the fuel bias to 25 across the board, but also, when first changing the map from map0 (off,) does anyone know if it would it be safer to go to map1 and then map2, or can I go straight to map2? I've been running 93 octane since I first bought the car. The car has been getting 93 octane exclusively for several months now.

Thanks in advance!