N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#826)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default Yesterday, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bal
Put it at the top of that list, along with a better intercooler if you havent done that yet. No regrets! Was able to get it to the track this evening with a car club. The Stinger is an absolute beast on WOT now. Low to mid 11s on 95 octane, best run 11.2s 1/4 and I'm not done with it yet.

Well done.

What are you running for mods and what map to get a 11.2? Awd?
(#827)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default Yesterday, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bal
1) Remove the JB4 and any non-stock parts short of catback and intake. Should take 5 minutes to remove the JB4, and I recommend this any time you go to the dealer or take it in for inspection.

2) Burnouts with stock suspension / tires + JB4 only are TOUGH in this car (mine is GT1 without the LSD). Those Michelin Pilot Sports are sticky, also doesn't help. I've found the best way is to hammer it in the 5000 rpm range in second gear to break the tires. Just takes some practice figuring out where the sweet spot is for your mods and tune.
1. When i bring it in... should i care if they ďre flash my ecuĒ or do anything like that? Or does it not matter?
2. Iím lowered, and have a bunch of supporting mods
Intakes
Muffler delete
Upgraded spark plugs
Air fuel wires
Pedal tuner
Jb4 on map 7
Jun bl secondarie *** deletes

This car just didnít want to take the burnout
(#828)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default Yesterday, 07:31 AM

Wait... 11.2?
(#829)
Old

Default Yesterday, 07:41 AM

Also can I get an in depth description on how the alky system works? Like when it turns on and off and such? I'm used to just using a boost switch

Thanks!
(#830)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:00 AM

You guys wanting to run water meth why don’t you just run a E85 mix? I’ve been running a 20-30% E85 and it’s been great. I’ve been able to run may 7 no issues. I’ve had two other vehicles running water meth. My 300zx was making 400whp with meth on a mustang dyno and it was a pain. Leaks kept
popping up. It was one of the first meth kits. Tank was small had to keep a eye on it all the time. When I sold it the guy lent the car to his son and he ran out the tank and roasted the motor. Had it on my 240 that had a full skyline drive train making 515whp on mustang dyno. That kit was much better no leaks ever and bigger tank that ran to my standalone that dropped boost from 28-14psi if tank ran low. I would say I like running E85 more. No worries of leaks or running tank out. I don’t drive my stinger much though as I drive my work truck way more. A tank on the stinger lasts a month. If it was a DD E85 mixing might get annyoying.
(#831)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cansting
Also can I get an in depth description on how the alky system works? Like when it turns on and off and such? I'm used to just using a boost switch

Thanks!
It will most likely run with the jb4. The meth with start spraying at a set boost level like start spraying at 10psi and will ramp up pressure as boost goes up.
(#832)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:52 AM

I'll wait for Terry to respond on how it works... thank you..
I've been running alky on my 800plus whp G8 for 5 years... no issues ever with leaks or depletion of supply... also ran it on my 640whp gtp before it for 5 to 6 years aswell... sorry it didn't work out for ya..
(#833)
Old

Default Yesterday, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I'll wait for Terry to respond on how it works... thank you..
I've been running alky on my 800plus whp G8 for 5 years... no issues ever with leaks or depletion of supply... also ran it on my 640whp gtp before it for 5 to 6 years aswell... sorry it didn't work out for ya..
I have nothing against it and the kits are much better now. I think the issues with my 300zx was my fault doing things on the cheap being only 20 at the time and not having the spare money to throw at it. The biggest thing keeping me from doing it again is warranty issues. 800 plus? Holy crap you ever run that thing at the track? I took my 240 once ran a 11.7 at a 132mph(big traction issues).
(#834)
Old

Default Yesterday, 09:17 AM

10.60 so far but that was with less boost should go 9s but dont really know or care.. I really like the stinger hahaha.. rebecca sleeps now anyways it's too cold for her feet..
(#835)
Old

Default Dyno pull - Yesterday, 09:31 AM

@Terry couldn't figure out how to send it threw Facebook so here it is
(#836)
Old

Default Yesterday, 09:41 AM

Quote:
10.60 so far but that was with less boost should go 9s but dont really know or care.. I really like the stinger hahaha.. rebecca sleeps now anyways it's too cold for her feet..
Nice! With better tires and using the two step my 240 had the mph for 10s but Iím not big into racing. I just wanted to see what it would do. Not to mention I donít think the stock 240 diff/driveshaft would have liked hard launches.
(#837)
Old

Default Yesterday, 10:01 AM

Just got a code in my stinger 0174 what do I do?
(#838)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Just got a code in my stinger 0174 what do I do?
Step1 is to find the description. Looks like p0174 system too lean bank2. What mods? JB4 log to check fuel trims in bank2?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#839)
Old

Default Yesterday, 10:09 AM

Punched secondaries
Stock plugs .22
Intakes
Map2 atm
(#840)
Old

Default Yesterday, 10:11 AM

I just started the car and drove it lightly for like 10km no boost.. weird.. should I delete the code
(#841)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GT2
@Terry couldn't figure out how to send it threw Facebook so here it is

See how ignition advance is rolling backwards here in the midrange on map5? That is an indicator that you're running a little too aggressively for the octane level. Have the dyno trace of map3 vs. map5 so I can see the difference there?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#842)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 10:12 AM

Quote:
I just started the car and drove it lightly for like 10km no boost.. weird.. should I delete the code
It will delete itself or you can delete it. Log to check bank to bank trims? That will tell us if it's a real issue or something you can ignore.

Burger Motorsports

(#843)
Old

Default Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Will do pull soon.. thanks
(#844)
Old

Default Yesterday, 10:42 AM

How do I delete the code from my car? It's still there...
(#845)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 10:44 AM

Couple more shots of the BMS WMI kit. We'll have several tank options available.

I went for the stealth 1gallon bracket on our car. Keeps everything completely hidden where the spare tire would otherwise go. Drawback, need to loose the spare. Also note the blue BMS sealed vent cap on the tanks. This is required for hatch backs to avoid evaporated meth vapor in the cabin.

Name:  tank1.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  129.4 KB

Name:  tank2.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  132.0 KB

For those who would prefer to keep the spare we've got the 2gallon integrated tanks (pump mounts inside tank for a clean and easy install), and then this can be placed in several places in the trunk. This is how "bal" mounted his.

Name:  bootyjuice.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  208.2 KB

The JB4 runs all the electronics and the lines are routed through the interior along the passenger side. Installation takes maybe 20 minutes. The trickiest part is sorting out how to mount the 1/8" NPT nozzle. For the time being we decided to simply drill/tap our factory chargepipe. Looking in to better bolt in options for that like a coupler with nozzle mount in it.

Name:  meth_underhood.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  167.3 KB

And then finally the good stuff, how does it actually work? Here is a sneak peak of a JB4 log recorded on 91 octane using boost juice (50/50 mix). As the JB4 is running WMI mapping it can control how much flows, when it flows, and how the tuning responds when it's flowing. You'll notice I have it set not to spray in 1st gear here as JB4 boost is reduced for improved traction. You can see the meth flow trace in the log as well as intake temperatures dropping. This specific log resulted in a 12.4@116mph 1/4 mile.

Name:  102018_0946.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  50.7 KB

Burger Motorsports

(#846)
Old

Default Mexico pulls - Yesterday, 11:46 AM

@Terry
Ok back from Mexico and what i realized is the car doesn't like being loaded up in one gear which is exactly what u do on a dyno so I duplicate it in the real world Except for that last one
(#847)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GT2
@Terry
Ok back from Mexico and what i realized is the car doesn't like being loaded up in one gear which is exactly what u do on a dyno so I duplicate it in the real world Except for that last one
I'd keep it on map3, and let's lean it out a bit more down low:

fuel_40 fuel_45 fuel_50 fuel_55 fuel_60 fuel_65 fuel_70
5 10 30 40 60 80 80

Burger Motorsports

(#848)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1
Default Finally running new plugs, map2 and fuel wires! - Today, 09:57 AM

Hey all,

Finally got my new Denso plugs (.022) in this am, so I updated my firmware, installed my fuel wires and updated fuel mappings, put it on map 2, and let her rip tater chip (as they say).

Attached is my first log worth looking at. I have some others with map 2 and no fuel mappings, a test of map 4 just to make sure everything was working (map 4 is hilariously mediocre!)

But I figure this log should be in most informative about my setup, fuel, etc.

Would love some eyes on it when you get a chance. Thanks for all your support, everybody!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-21 12_35_04.csv (89.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by DesignDawg; Today at 10:06 AM..