N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#351)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default 10-01-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
So far data has looked fine so you're clear for takeoff! Definitely post some logs here though or email them in so we can continue to monitor.

We've got some higher boost test maps for those running unleaded racing fuel like MS109, for those few of us interesting in pushing things further. Just email me for them for now.

Finally, we've gotten word from some customers that the latest BMW update breaks the code delete function. Similar to BMW's B58 update. We found a work around for the B58 and will adding the same patch to the F90 JB4 next update.
Thanks.

Can you elaborate on the symptoms resulting from BMW breaking the code delete function--is it complete loss of functionality or...?

I hope to have shifted the E63S by the end of this week and am working on getting into an M5 CP in parallel. Fingers crossed.

2018 AMG E63S
(#352)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-01-2018, 03:11 PM

Don't know. After latest BMW software update codes don't delete. Not just with the JB4 but with iCarly and several other diagnostic tools. I suspect what they did and why but for now will keep that to myself.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#353)
Old

Default 10-01-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Don't know. After latest BMW software update codes don't delete. Not just with the JB4 but with iCarly and several other diagnostic tools. I suspect what they did and why but for now will keep that to myself.
Oh, I misunderstood. By "code", I thought you were referring to some component or other in the ECU as opposed to codes that are logged by the car. Got it now.

2018 AMG E63S
(#354)
Old

Car: 750I
Default 10-16-2018, 12:54 PM

Any updates with this platform

2018 BMW F90 M5 - Dme Stage 2 D/P & mid pipe
2014 BMW 650 dme tune - Gone
2012 BMW 750i M Sport - JB Beta - Gone
2011 BMW 135 - JB tuned - Gone
2008 BMW 535i - Jb tuned - Gone
(#355)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2018, 01:23 PM

Have a new firmware with improved fault code read/delete that we plan to release soon, as well as some higher boost maps for those who want to push the limits. Also working on WMI integration and a BMS F90 intake.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#356)
Old

Default 10-17-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Have a new firmware with improved fault code read/delete that we plan to release soon, as well as some higher boost maps for those who want to push the limits. Also working on WMI integration and a BMS F90 intake.
WMI, in my world, is Windows Mgmt Instrumentation. I'm fairly certain that's not what you mean--what is the WMI you're working to enable?

2018 AMG E63S
(#357)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2018, 10:50 AM

Water/Methanol Integration.

Burger Motorsports

(#358)
Old

Default 10-18-2018, 08:49 AM

Here is my slip from yesterday. It was done at ATCO in NJ

2018 F90 M5

Pump gas with about half a talk. Stage 2 dme tune with keller-performance down ***** and mid pipe. I have 19s in stock perelli tires. Couldn't grip in first gear.
Attached Images

(#359)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2018, 09:32 AM

Nice! You could use a JB4 for data logging (so you know what's going on with the car), and to limit boost in 1st gear a bit during launches.

Burger Motorsports

(#360)
Old

Default 10-18-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Nice! You could use a JB4 for data logging (so you know what's going on with the car), and to limit boost in 1st gear a bit during launches.
Thats a good idea, car was running strong no issues. Did about 10 passes.

Will there be any added hp benefit if i stack the tunes

(#361)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2018, 09:47 AM

The thing with flash maps is performance is sort of fixed. There might be times you want to run a little more boost than you have now, like when you add in race gas or E85, and times when you might want to run a little less boost. Like during launches, or when lending the car to a friend (and want a VALET map), so the JB4 gives you that fine tuning control. Plus the ability to datalog to your smart phone and other fun things. It's a good tuning tool to have around.

Burger Motorsports

(#362)
Old

Default 10-18-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
The thing with flash maps is performance is sort of fixed. There might be times you want to run a little more boost than you have now, like when you add in race gas or E85, and times when you might want to run a little less boost. Like during launches, or when lending the car to a friend (and want a VALET map), so the JB4 gives you that fine tuning control. Plus the ability to datalog to your smart phone and other fun things. It's a good tuning tool to have around.

Have people already stacked them? Any downside?

(#363)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2018, 12:13 PM

Sure, we've worked with a few guys running flash maps and the JB4 on F90. Many of them get it just for the logging utility lol. For a basic setup don't need to install the EWG connectors, just TMAPs & OBDII so it's a super quick install.

Burger Motorsports