JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default Single turbo log review - 04-29-2022, 05:54 PM

Hey all ,

Did some logging I wanted to post here and ask if there was anything I could do on these timing corrections . I’m single turbo pump BEF on 23psi running e30 . I think I may pump that up to maybe e32-32 and see if that helps . Thanks in advanced !
P30_M4_R4_220429_1949.csv
(#2)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 04-30-2022, 12:16 PM

You have some significant trims deviation between banks, and bank 2 is the one showing the pulls. I'd start looking there. Your low pressure fuel system shows signs it's approaching its limit as well.

2010 335ix - speedtech, 6466g2, cams, ported head, built bottom end, 7.5in hd ic, jb4, pi, dual 535s w/ external fpr and return, upgraded 6hp21+cooler, pr coils
(#3)
Old

Default 04-30-2022, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
You have some significant trims deviation between banks, and bank 2 is the one showing the pulls. I'd start looking there. Your low pressure fuel system shows signs it's approaching its limit as well.
Hey thanks for the reply ! I’m sorta new to this what exactly should I be checking? I will say the plugs , coils , and o2 sensors arnt too old and I just actually pulled them to check them and they looked good . Anything or anywhere specifically I should be looking ? Also every time I up the CPI kit the divination seems to get worse ? I still unsure why and haven’t got much help from posting . I’m going to get another smoke test to see if there’s a leak .
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 05-01-2022, 01:53 PM

What index are your injectors? Pull them and check to see if you have leaky/clogged injectors.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 05-01-2022, 04:58 PM

Hey ,

They are all index 12s , I pulled the plugs the other day and they were all dry (was checking for a leaky injector). Wouldn’t a clogged injector show some funny things on a log / have drivability issues ? Thank you !
(#6)
Old

Default 05-02-2022, 04:20 PM

Here’s some new logs timing looks wayyyy better

P30_M4_R2_220502_1855.csv
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 05-04-2022, 10:42 AM

Fuel trim variance is still pretty consistent. I also notice that your LPFP could use an upgrade. It's starting to crash up top (I wouldn't give it any more power on that pump). It would also appear your AFR keeps trying to correct itself. O2's could need a change. Before you do that though, pull the injectors and see if they are clogged.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 05-15-2022, 12:16 AM

Got around to actually buying a smoke machine (no shop near me had one) did find a small leak on the BOV adapter but no where else major (was thinking there was a possible leak at manifold . The o2 sensors are only a couple months old (replaced then when I installed the single kit). Does anyone else have any suggestions on what to check or replace ?

Hoping Steve may be able to chime in , the fuel trim deviation occurs with increasing the CPI %. I’ve sent some pics over to Terry to make sure the injector location is good and it is (using bms charge pipe) lmk if anyone has any other suggestions ? Sorta stumped . I’ll get new logs soon weather is bad up here now and see if that boost leak changed anything .
(#9)
Old

Default 05-17-2022, 05:02 PM

New log after boost leak fixed still have the deviation any thoughts ?P30_M4_R1_220517_1907.csv
(#10)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 05-17-2022, 07:13 PM

Note that the trim variance begins when CPI kicks in. I had this same trim variance with CPI using E85 and it went away when I upgraded to full port injection.

2011 335is E93 with DCT
JB4 G5 ISO * BMS DCI * VRSF 7.5" Competition FMIC * VRSF dp's * VRSF Chargepipe * VRSF Inlets * Turbosmart Raceport BOV * Fuel-it Stage 2 Bucketless LPFP * Fuel-it Flex fuel kit * Phoenix Racing Port Injection manifold w/ 750 cc Injectors and BMS JB4 PI Controller * RB Turbo External PCV w/ plugged headports and Mishimoto OCC * NGK 2-Step Colder Plugs * MHD Flex-fuel BEF
(#11)
Old

Default 05-17-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoIPNerd
Note that the trim variance begins when CPI kicks in. I had this same trim variance with CPI using E85 and it went away when I upgraded to full port injection.
Hey ! Thank you so much for the information . I sorta started to figure that after so many logs and there really be no other reason for the variance , is it anything to be concerned about? Thank you !