JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#4151)
Old

Car: 18' Infiniti Q60S
Default 05-02-2019, 06:54 AM

Anyone running lower down-***** with the stock Mid & Y sections? Considering swapping out my stock secondaries for the AMS 3" but am worried I would just be burning cash and not reaping the power benefits with such a bottleneck between them and my Helmholtz axle-back.

18' Q60 Silver
-JB4 (+4)
-BMS Intakes
-Infiniti Helmholtz Exhaust
(#4152)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 05-02-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman45
Anyone running lower down-***** with the stock Mid & Y sections? Considering swapping out my stock secondaries for the AMS 3" but am worried I would just be burning cash and not reaping the power benefits with such a bottleneck between them and my Helmholtz axle-back.
I'm not an admin here, but I think they typically want the conversation to stay JB1/4 related as an fyi. But since you have a JB4 it's all related, right?

But to answer your question, adding the LDP will get you a few 10ish whp with stock mid and Y pipe, so you'd have to decide if the $400+ purchase and labor (if you're not doing it yourself) is worth it. I plan to to AMS LDP, Megan Y pipe and Tanabe Mid (Or Megan Mid whenever they release it) with the stock muffler to fix the bottlenecking.

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46

Last edited by Serstylz2; 05-02-2019 at 07:33 AM..
(#4153)
Old

Car: 18' Infiniti Q60S
Default 05-02-2019, 09:53 AM

Should I be worried about boost spikes? Only running map 1 currently but am considering switching over to Map 2 to get the +5 PSI going.

18' Q60 Silver
-JB4 (+4)
-BMS Intakes
-Infiniti Helmholtz Exhaust
(#4154)
Old

Default 05-02-2019, 10:15 AM

Could happen, once you install the LDP just do a lot of logs on Map 1, 2 and 5 so that there is comparative data. 3rd to 4th or 4th gear pulls seem to work best

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#4155)
Old

Car: 2017 q60 ss
Default 05-04-2019, 02:41 PM

Has anyone done any dynos for SS on 91 gas ? Can you post ?
Should I stick to map1 or makes sense to go up to to map 2 ?
(#4156)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 05-04-2019, 06:30 PM

I have heard that the jb4 is a better tune..if I am just going to stick with 5psi for a SS and not go much beyond that would the jb1 set to 5 psi be more cost beneficial? Would the jb1 be more "un safe" compared to the jb4. Or is the jb4 safer for the motor with the more direct link to the computer.
Also I have been told the jb4 is smoother...personally like the more kick of older school turbos if that's what a jb1 is like.
(#4157)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2019, 09:23 AM

Main difference other than the JB4 features is it will run smoother as it takes in more inputs to compute the tuning. Whether that is worth the extra $100 depends on your needs.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4158)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 05-05-2019, 09:40 AM

"takes in more inputs to compute the tuning" Enough said, jb4 it is.
(#4159)
Old

Car: q50
Default 05-06-2019, 05:50 AM

Terry any input on what is next for the platform?
(#4160)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2019, 08:06 AM

In the near future we're still rolling out the VR30 WMI kits, so expect more JB4 firmware changes related to those.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4161)
Old

Default 05-06-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
In the near future we're still rolling out the VR30 WMI kits, so expect more JB4 firmware changes related to those.
Gotcha, any ballpark on how many WMI kits are running on the VR30DDTT? I've only seen 2-3 others playing around with it. Would love to see some additional PIDS unlocked like MAF flow etc.
(#4162)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2019, 08:20 AM

We've sent out 10-15 kits, still early days for sure.

Burger Motorsports

(#4163)
Old

Default 05-06-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We've sent out 10-15 kits, still early days for sure.
Ok good to know. Trying to explain to others the benefits of this, especially that it's integrated and scales with flow. The added benefit of keeping those intake valves clean is a big plus.....no walnut blasting!
(#4164)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-06-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Ok good to know. Trying to explain to others the benefits of this, especially that it's integrated and scales with flow. The added benefit of keeping those intake valves clean is a big plus.....no walnut blasting!
The added fuel volume, power and benefits are awesome, I love WMI

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#4165)
Old

Default 05-06-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
The added fuel volume, power and benefits are awesome, I love WMI
I've been liking it so far too although I haven't seen the fuel trim drop that others have. That said I'm using -20F WWF and HEET, not boost juice but they should be close.
(#4166)
Old
Nick_335i

Car: 2008 335i
Default Log - 05-06-2019, 01:49 PM

Could you please give me your opinion on this log?
Looking to up the boost but honestly have no idea where to start. this is on map 6 with 11psi in mid rpm range, am I possibly demanding too much boost from the hop? what do you guys recommend ?

Mods: full high flow **- catback, ams intakes, bms heat exchanger, 94 oct, hks bov
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-04 00_23_16_Map-6.csv (8.6 KB, 184 views)
(#4167)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2019, 05:15 PM

It's already set here as high as you should set it maybe even too high. There are WGDC limits that prevent you adding more than 6-7psi.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4168)
Old
Nick_335i

Default 05-06-2019, 05:17 PM

So how are people hitting 20-21 psi?
(#4169)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2019, 06:54 PM

Are you SS or RS?

Burger Motorsports

(#4170)
Old
Nick_335i

Default 05-06-2019, 06:57 PM

SS there’s a few guys here in Canada, my area hitting 21psi, less mods and same fuel, intake and lower ** on ecutek though
(#4171)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_335i
SS there’s a few guys here in Canada, my area hitting 21psi, less mods and same fuel, intake and lower ** on ecutek though
When you flash you can raise the WGDC limits and hit more boost, but they generally also run less timing, and the turbo is operating outside of its efficiency range, so you're not really making much more power.

Burger Motorsports

(#4172)
Old

Default 05-07-2019, 07:42 AM

Boost is a measurement of restriction. Your goal should be the most power at the least boost. Just trying to hit XX PSI is not a good idea. You could look into the meth kit to cool everything down and maybe pick back up some timing that is flatlined.
(#4173)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-07-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Boost is a measurement of restriction. Your goal should be the most power at the least boost. Just trying to hit XX PSI is not a good idea. You could look into the meth kit to cool everything down and maybe pick back up some timing that is flatlined.
Bingo!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#4174)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 05-07-2019, 04:23 PM

BTW - Nice new Website update - kudos to the BMS webmaster.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ DO7’s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS Catted FDP
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5” CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Dyno Tune (Hussain @ Racebox)
(#4175)
Old

Default 05-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Random but @Terry or @Payam, do you guys sell spare parts for your intake? I need a passenger side billet MAF housing and bracket. The hole is stripped on mine and the bracket bolt won't stay tightened to the housing.

12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46