N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1451)
Old
g0t2bmiirii's Avatar
g0t2bmiirii g0t2bmiirii is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 378
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 10-31-2017, 08:46 AM

Mobil is one of the most expensive gas prices here not by much but it’s uaully the highest out of its competitors


2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
Reply With Quote
(#1452)
Old
Slowjoe Slowjoe is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50S AWD
Default 10-31-2017, 09:06 AM

Here are some pictures for my set up with my Gpad for the JB4 app. I ran the USB cord under my floor mat for now and I tuck the cord next to my seat so it is not very noticeable. The great thing about the tablet holder that goes into the CD player is it removes/installs in 10 seconds. So if you want a clean look it can be removed quickly. Then I just stick the GPad in the driver door cup holder area. I can't see it but it will at least log for me.
Attached Images
    
Reply With Quote
(#1453)
Old
Slowjoe Slowjoe is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50S AWD
Default 10-31-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
What you mean by “bad tank”?? Bad gas?? Also I don’t always race with it, no where to really race in NYC
Yeah, something wasn't right with it. It was labeled 93, but the car was pulling timing like no ones business. When I turned it down to a lower map it stopped pulling timing. Guessing it wasn't really 93 octane.

I also have the ability to add Ethanol when ever I want, it is almost everywhere here. So I have run tanks of E30, but then I have to go to 2 gas stations, so I am happy with this set up that I can run on 93. I have already embarrassed some people, which is fun.

I can run E30 for "Race" days.
Reply With Quote
(#1454)
Old
jrobohm's Avatar
jrobohm jrobohm is online now
Junior Member
 
Posts: 287
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 10-31-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowjoe
Here are some pictures for my set up with my Gpad for the JB4 app. I ran the USB cord under my floor mat for now and I tuck the cord next to my seat so it is not very noticeable. The great thing about the tablet holder that goes into the CD player is it removes/installs in 10 seconds. So if you want a clean look it can be removed quickly. Then I just stick the GPad in the driver door cup holder area. I can't see it but it will at least log for me.
Very cool - I have a new weekend project!
Reply With Quote
(#1455)
Old
Rs400newbie Rs400newbie is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 140
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 10-31-2017, 10:20 AM

Anybody with lowers? How’s the car running? Have you data logged yet?
Reply With Quote
(#1456)
Old
IridiumRS400 IridiumRS400 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60S AWD
Default 10-31-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Anybody with lowers? How’s the car running? Have you data logged yet?
I have FI Lowers & CBE, and running 92 octane (Chevron) on my '17 RS w/tapered boost.

Just got the Bluetooth kit installed, so I will be logging in the next few days. I managed one run tonight, and the Speed Timing in the JB4 app measured my 0-60 in Standard mode @ 4.2 sec.

My Map 6 settings:

RPM Boost
1500 2.0
2000 2.5
2500 3.0
3000 3.5
3500 4.0
4000 4.0
4500 3.5
5000 3.0
5500 2.5
6000 2.0
6500 1.5
7000 1.0


2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Iridium Blue w/Monaco Red / FI Full (Catted) D P s & CBE/ 2-piece LW Brake Rotors / Z1 Motorsports SS Brake Lines / Ecutek tune / Infiniti (AMS) HE / Infiniti (AMS) Intake / Mishimoto CC / BMS Pedal Tuner
Reply With Quote
(#1457)
Old
Yld2rob Yld2rob is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: Q50 RS400
Default 11-01-2017, 06:32 AM

Excellent. post the logs and get Terry's feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumRS400
I have FI Lowers & CBE, and running 92 octane (Chevron) on my '17 RS w/tapered boost.

Just got the Bluetooth kit installed, so I will be logging in the next few days. I managed one run tonight, and the Speed Timing in the JB4 app measured my 0-60 in Standard mode @ 4.2 sec.

My Map 6 settings:

RPM Boost
1500 2.0
2000 2.5
2500 3.0
3000 3.5
3500 4.0
4000 4.0
4500 3.5
5000 3.0
5500 2.5
6000 2.0
6500 1.5
7000 1.0
Reply With Quote
(#1458)
Old
Yld2rob Yld2rob is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: Q50 RS400
Default 11-01-2017, 06:38 AM

On my 17 RS with 93 Octane I have been running the below..

1500 1.0
2000 2.0
2500 3.0
3000 3.0
3500 3.5
4000 3.5
4500 4.0
5000 4.0
5500 4.0
6000 4.0
6500 3.0
7000 1.0
Reply With Quote
(#1459)
Old
IridiumRS400 IridiumRS400 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60S AWD
Default 11-01-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yld2rob
Excellent. post the logs and get Terry's feedback.
I performed a 0-60 run last night in Standard mode. Interesting observations:

- Additional boost request below the 3000 rpm threshold is ignored, based on comparing ecu_psi vs boost. The "target" parameter is the User-defined added boost in Map 6, which I have currently loaded on the JB4. Once passing 3000 rpm, the added boost matches the "ecu_psi + target = boost" equation. Maybe a function of Standard mode, or is this in all modes? I'll log a 0-60 in Sport and compare results. I liked Standard mode as the shift point is lower and more
within the turbo efficiency plot (from Stillen research).
- AFR is from the mid 10's to the mid 11's above 5000 rpm. A little rich, but maybe not a bad thing vs lean in this rev range.
- Pedal goes to 109% at idle, but throttle doesn't go to 100% until crossing the 2000 rpm threshold. Again, a side effect of running in Standard mode? Is this throttle lag removed in Sport mode?

Otherwise, not a bad run on 92 octane Chevron @ sea level.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0-60_IridiumRS400_JB4_log_10-31-2017.csv (5.9 KB, 49 views)


2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Iridium Blue w/Monaco Red / FI Full (Catted) D P s & CBE/ 2-piece LW Brake Rotors / Z1 Motorsports SS Brake Lines / Ecutek tune / Infiniti (AMS) HE / Infiniti (AMS) Intake / Mishimoto CC / BMS Pedal Tuner
Reply With Quote
(#1460)
Old
Yld2rob Yld2rob is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: Q50 RS400
Default 11-01-2017, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the information. Please try Sport plus mode. I would like to see how that mode will change boost and pedal
Reply With Quote
(#1461)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 29,091
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 11-01-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumRS400
I performed a 0-60 run last night in Standard mode. Interesting observations:

- Additional boost request below the 3000 rpm threshold is ignored, based on comparing ecu_psi vs boost. The "target" parameter is the User-defined added boost in Map 6, which I have currently loaded on the JB4. Once passing 3000 rpm, the added boost matches the "ecu_psi + target = boost" equation. Maybe a function of Standard mode, or is this in all modes? I'll log a 0-60 in Sport and compare results. I liked Standard mode as the shift point is lower and more
within the turbo efficiency plot (from Stillen research).
- AFR is from the mid 10's to the mid 11's above 5000 rpm. A little rich, but maybe not a bad thing vs lean in this rev range.
- Pedal goes to 109% at idle, but throttle doesn't go to 100% until crossing the 2000 rpm threshold. Again, a side effect of running in Standard mode? Is this throttle lag removed in Sport mode?

Otherwise, not a bad run on 92 octane Chevron @ sea level.
The math on the pedal logging parameter is wrong, it can't go past 100 obviously. We'll fix that next firmware version.

On boost requested over stock it can't make more boost than stock until the turbo spools up enough to allow it.

On pedal vs. throttle, pedal is your request. The ECU throttle is when it decides to start going. If brake boosting it probably doesn't go until you let off the gas pedal, etc.
Attached Images
 


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1462)
Old
NeedMoreBoost NeedMoreBoost is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: Infiniti Q50 3.0t
Default 11-02-2017, 10:11 AM

How do I activate the 0-60 feature on the JB4?
Reply With Quote
(#1463)
Old
bbbrrrx1 bbbrrrx1 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 26
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: q50s
Default 11-02-2017, 11:17 AM

I finally got a long enough USB extension to log my Q50 SS RWD. I'm using JB1 set at 7.0 boost safety, and a DWP of 30; with an e30 blend. I did a 35-115+ pull in 4th gear, and two 1st through 2nd gear pulls with traction off in sport+ mode. The pic is the 4th gear pull. How does it look?
Attached Images
 
Attached Files
File Type: csv 4thGearPull.csv (71.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: csv gears1and2.csv (43.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: csv gears1and2pull2.csv (47.0 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by bbbrrrx1; 11-02-2017 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#1464)
Old
Mastalee Mastalee is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: Infinti Q50 3.0t 2016
Default New JB4 owner - 11-02-2017, 11:21 AM

So I've got the JB4, I was wondering what setting I should be using for 91 octane for Map 6? I have a premium and have no clue what boost settings I should be using for that octane level.
Reply With Quote
(#1465)
Old
Mike_L's Avatar
Mike_L Mike_L is offline
Anti-Social
 
Posts: 1,742
Join Date: Jun 2014
Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 11-02-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreBoost
How do I activate the 0-60 feature on the JB4?
I don't think its active. It never worked on my 335.


Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
2000 F150 Lightning
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T
Reply With Quote
(#1466)
Old
Hammer663s Hammer663s is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2017 Q50S 3.0t
Default 11-02-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastalee
So I've got the JB4, I was wondering what setting I should be using for 91 octane for Map 6? I have a premium and have no clue what boost settings I should be using for that octane level.
I'd max at +4. Start at +2 and taper up to +4, then stay at +4 till 5500 and start tapering down quickly. That's what I run here on 92 with my SS 3.0t and it is fast and, hopefully, safe.

M
Reply With Quote
(#1467)
Old
IridiumRS400 IridiumRS400 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60S AWD
Default 11-02-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreBoost
How do I activate the 0-60 feature on the JB4?
"Speed Timing", typeset in blue, between HUD Mode and Gauge Set on the App.

Not aware what inputs it uses for speed, either the vehicle speed sensor or GPS.


2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Iridium Blue w/Monaco Red / FI Full (Catted) D P s & CBE/ 2-piece LW Brake Rotors / Z1 Motorsports SS Brake Lines / Ecutek tune / Infiniti (AMS) HE / Infiniti (AMS) Intake / Mishimoto CC / BMS Pedal Tuner
Reply With Quote
(#1468)
Old
Car Guy Q50 Car Guy Q50 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 RS 400
Default 11-02-2017, 08:32 PM

Hello everyone, new to the Q50 world. I have a 2017 Q50 RS 400. Terry, I have attached 2 logs from JB4 MAP 1 on 93 Octane, can you take a look and see if anything I should be concerned with. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-10-31 14_16_39.csv (14.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: csv 2017-10-31 14_22_17.csv (10.3 KB, 43 views)
Reply With Quote
(#1469)
Old
IridiumRS400 IridiumRS400 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2017
Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60S AWD
Default 11-02-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Guy Q50
Hello everyone, new to the Q50 world. I have a 2017 Q50 RS 400. Terry, I have attached 2 logs from JB4 MAP 1 on 93 Octane, can you take a look and see if anything I should be concerned with. Thanks.
I'll chime in, as I can only compare to my own logs. Your AFR started out rich, and fuel trims peaked in the 40-44 range. Now maybe this had to do with 80 degrees on the IAT? Looks like you were in Sport+ mode?

In comparison, in my 0-60 run posted in this thread, which I ran in Standard mode, my IAT at the time was 60 degrees, my AFR was at right around 14.7 from idle to 2700 rpm, and my fuel trims peaked at 37, ranging typically from 23-34 over the run. I am running Map 6 with tapered boost to a peak of 4, Lower Downs & CBE, and 92 octane.

Anyways, let's see what Terry says.


2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Iridium Blue w/Monaco Red / FI Full (Catted) D P s & CBE/ 2-piece LW Brake Rotors / Z1 Motorsports SS Brake Lines / Ecutek tune / Infiniti (AMS) HE / Infiniti (AMS) Intake / Mishimoto CC / BMS Pedal Tuner

Last edited by IridiumRS400; 11-02-2017 at 10:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#1470)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 29,091
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 11-03-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Guy Q50
Hello everyone, new to the Q50 world. I have a 2017 Q50 RS 400. Terry, I have attached 2 logs from JB4 MAP 1 on 93 Octane, can you take a look and see if anything I should be concerned with. Thanks.
Log looks really clean to me. Log map2 next!
Attached Images
 


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1471)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 29,091
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 11-03-2017, 10:03 AM

I'm on my way back from SEMA tonight and will be racing our Q50 at NoFlyZone half mile race tomorrow. Will be a great opportunity to to get some JB4 data during extended runs. Hopefully can win a few races too... Stay tuned for photos and logs.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1472)
Old
chainar1 chainar1 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 22
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 Sport
Default 11-03-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Log looks really clean to me. Log map2 next!
Actually looks really similar to my SS logs on map 2 w/ 93 pump. Have had 0 issues with it for over a month now through countless WOT runs.
Reply With Quote
(#1473)
Old
Mastalee Mastalee is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: Infinti Q50 3.0t 2016
Default 11-03-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer663s
I'd max at +4. Start at +2 and taper up to +4, then stay at +4 till 5500 and start tapering down quickly. That's what I run here on 92 with my SS 3.0t and it is fast and, hopefully, safe.

M
Thanks, I'll try that out!
Reply With Quote
(#1474)
Old
g0t2bmiirii's Avatar
g0t2bmiirii g0t2bmiirii is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 378
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 11-04-2017, 05:27 PM

Curious maybe someone can confirm this for me, is it possible to shut off the AWD to make it only RWD? Asking because someone told me yes by unplugging a plug in the trunk? If so are there any cons to this?? I was told a bunch of lights on the dash will come up


2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
Reply With Quote
(#1475)
Old
VirusbetaX VirusbetaX is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 73
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: Infiniti Q50 SilverSport 3.0T
Default 11-04-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Curious maybe someone can confirm this for me, is it possible to shut off the AWD to make it only RWD? Asking because someone told me yes by unplugging a plug in the trunk? If so are there any cons to this?? I was told a bunch of lights on the dash will come up
No benefit the AWD cars have added drivetrain components that add weight to the vehicle turning it off would give us no benefit and may slow down the car. Plus AWD is superior and worth the minor weight gain, adds a lot of stability and is a godsend in snow.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com