N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2176)
Old

Car: 2019 G70 Sport AWD
Default 05-16-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Log looks really clean. You view them in the windows JB4 interface.
Excellent! Time for Map5?

2019 Genesis G70 Sport 3.3T AWD
(#2177)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 05-16-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilcil88
No i highly doubt there is anything wrong. Install is easy and straightforward. No hiccups, no cel, its just not a MASSIVE power difference at all. I will post up a log later
Turn it back to map0 and try to accelerate.
You will feel that your car is super slow.
(#2178)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqued
Excellent! Time for Map5?
Go for it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2179)
Old

Car: 2019 stinger
Default 05-17-2019, 08:47 AM

these are two logs terry. one from a 3rd gear pull and also one from a launch. I am 2019 gt rwd on map 3 e30 blend.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 190517_1030.csv (5.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: csv 190517_1028.csv (7.0 KB, 68 views)
(#2180)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
these are two logs terry. one from a 3rd gear pull and also one from a launch. I am 2019 gt rwd on map 3 e30 blend.
Seems fine to me, any issues on your end?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2181)
Old

Car: 2019 stinger
Default 05-17-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Seems fine to me, any issues on your end?
I mean issues no....power wise doesnt feel much different from stock. Everyone talking about how big of a difference it is i am just confused. Throttle response is very veru delayed
(#2182)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2019, 09:33 AM

Grab a similar log on map0 so I can see what the boost/timing difference is.

Burger Motorsports

(#2183)
Old

Default 05-17-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I mean issues no....power wise doesnt feel much different from stock. Everyone talking about how big of a difference it is i am just confused. Throttle response is very veru delayed
You hit 17PSI.....that is WAY more than stock. There is no way you are not getting substantially more power. I think your expectations are just out of line. Mods like these arent going to turn your car into a 10s car alone....

(#2184)
Old

Car: 2019 stinger gt1 awd
Default 05-17-2019, 10:45 AM

My jb4 is working great definitely better than stock I hear everyone talking about e85 mix can someone explain the risks and benefits.and can dealership tell if u have been using mix
(#2185)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey14
My jb4 is working great definitely better than stock I hear everyone talking about e85 mix can someone explain the risks and benefits.and can dealership tell if u have been using mix
You will probably get mixed info here, but in general, E85 is not good for your engine. It is very corrosive, and this engine is not designed for it. For that reason I would NOT regularly run high amounts of E85. Adding some to your tank for a day at the track is one thing....but using it on a very regular basis is another. I wouldnt do it....

The solution that I am contemplating is using a high end fuel additive instead of the E85. There is a product called ACES IV-P that is a fuel treatment with added lubricants and octane booster which will raise 93 up a fair amount, and have a cooling effect because of the added lubricity of the top end. This has an "octane effect" as well. Its not cheap, but I think its a far better option than running E85 consistently Or the better and FAR more expensive option of running race fuel.

(#2186)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 05-20-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
You will probably get mixed info here, but in general, E85 is not good for your engine. It is very corrosive, and this engine is not designed for it. For that reason I would NOT regularly run high amounts of E85. Adding some to your tank for a day at the track is one thing....but using it on a very regular basis is another. I wouldnt do it....

The solution that I am contemplating is using a high end fuel additive instead of the E85. There is a product called ACES IV-P that is a fuel treatment with added lubricants and octane booster which will raise 93 up a fair amount, and have a cooling effect because of the added lubricity of the top end. This has an "octane effect" as well. Its not cheap, but I think its a far better option than running E85 consistently Or the better and FAR more expensive option of running race fuel.
I use BOOSTane Professional. Fantastic product. I add enough to my 93 gas to get to 99 octane.

For the G70...essentially I add 1/2 ounce of BOOSTane Pro to 1 gallon of 93. So a full tank (~16 gallons) would take 8 oz of the booster. The Pro container is at 32 ounces...so one bottle is good for 4 full tanks.

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport

Last edited by Beefer; 05-20-2019 at 06:54 AM..
(#2187)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer
I use BOOSTane Professional. Fantastic product. I add enough to my 93 gas to get to 99 octane.

For the G70...essentially I add 1/2 ounce of BOOSTane Pro to 1 gallon of 93. So a full tank (~16 gallons) would take 8 oz of the booster. The Pro container is at 32 ounces...so one bottle is good for 4 full tanks.
The problem with those octane boosters is most if not all of them containe MMT. MMT will build up on your plugs and cause you issues. ACES IV does not do that, AND it replaces the lubrication that is lost since we no longer have leaded gas, so it greatly reduces upper cylinder Bore/valve wear. Normal boosters do not do that either....

(#2188)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
The problem with those octane boosters is most if not all of them containe MMT. MMT will build up on your plugs and cause you issues. ACES IV does not do that, AND it replaces the lubrication that is lost since we no longer have leaded gas, so it greatly reduces upper cylinder Bore/valve wear. Normal boosters do not do that either....
Not true. Please read up on BOOSTane Professional prior to posting.

Thanks

(#2189)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 05-20-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer
Not true. Please read up on BOOSTane Professional prior to posting.

Thanks
All Boostane has MMT. Professional has more than Premium.
(#2190)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 08:21 AM

^ Read up on the way BOOStane suspends MMT, etc here. Start at post #43 and read on to your liking. You will see how good of a product it is...

Boostane vs Torco test results - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

(#2191)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey14
If you have easy E85 access no drawbacks.. Just mix in 5 gallons, rest pump, and enjoy a lot more octane for cheap.

Burger Motorsports

(#2192)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 08:34 AM

Check this out

Racing Fuel in a 598 V8 vs 91 octane fuel + ACES IV on a dyno [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

(#2193)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 10:03 AM

I appreciate all the info I am definitely new to the high performance world but so far I am having a lot of fun putting parts on car and seeing performance gains��
(#2194)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-21-2019, 01:31 PM

Quick question for you guys/Terry. I'm currently running a JB4 w/fuel wires (map5), intakes, secondary down-pipe, and muffler delete. I was hoping to install primary down-pipe such as the link below. I know in the past people have had issues with running into limp mode among other issues with the added flow. Would the JB4 resolve these issues? Thank you for the help!

https://www.khartunerz.com/NGT-Perfo...ry_p_4164.html

2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Torq Motorsports intakes
Torq Motorsports muffler delete
JB4 w/fuel control
SSR secondary down-pipe

Last edited by Meltony67; 05-21-2019 at 02:37 PM..
(#2195)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-21-2019, 03:49 PM

Not a fan of primary ** deletes for various reasons. May work fine may not work, it's a mixed bag I think.

Burger Motorsports

(#2196)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-21-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Not a fan of primary ** deletes for various reasons. May work fine may not work, it's a mixed bag I think.
Thank you for the insight, Terry. I certainly don't want to base a purchase on a maybe and that is why I asked.

Jb4 and the car have run without issues btw. Thanks for a great product, it certainly brings the Stinger to life

2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Torq Motorsports intakes
Torq Motorsports muffler delete
JB4 w/fuel control
SSR secondary down-pipe
(#2197)
Old

Default 05-21-2019, 05:42 PM

Terry
How do u feel about primarys w hfc
(#2198)
Old

Car: G70
Default 05-22-2019, 02:22 PM

It sounds like the latest JB4 controller for the 3.3T (Stinger/G70) already has the fuel wires preinstalled now (into the wiring harness I'd assume?). Does a person still have the need to pierce the wires on the left and right side of the car for the red wires? Or is it all now integrated and plug and play which means no need to pierce those red wires for the fuel wires??

If the above scenario is true, can the previous JB4 controllers be upgraded to the newer design that incorporates the fuel wires in it? Basically my goal would be to get the simple plug and play of the new controller without having to run those fuel wires or piercing any wires (but obviously getting the benefit of the same functionality built into the new wiring harness).

Thx!
(#2199)
Old

Car: Stinger GT RWD
Default 05-22-2019, 04:04 PM

Can you take a look at my map 2 log? I installed the JB4 last night with M45iL plugs gaped at 0.22. I just ordered the Denso 5346 plugs and will probably run those instead. Im at about 6200' elevation if that makes a difference. Also, using 91 octane w/ booster to 94 octane.

THANK YOU!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-22 16_41_55_Map-2.csv (8.1 KB, 110 views)
(#2200)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 05-22-2019, 04:09 PM

Hey Terry. Any update on the work Fuelit was doing on the car?