N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3176)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2020, 01:54 PM

Log it and lets see if it works as expected.

We left the format the same as BMW and VAG models when using a similar setting, raw timing in cyl1 (which includes cyl1 learned corrections) since you always need to know what the net advance is, and then degree learned correction under cyl2-6. On low grade fuel you'll see high learned corrections and on high grade fuel low learned corrections. If we coded it up properly.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3177)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default Low Boost - 05-10-2020, 02:40 PM

Hello Terry,
This is my first time with the JB4 hooked up.

I have a lot of good logs from map0 and map1.

Yesterday I experienced a code 061B for the first time. Today I also got one. It turns off the engine but leaves accessory power on.

Today I deleted the code again and tried map 0 then 1 then 2. Seemed somewhat normal. Then on the way back tried map 2 and were at very low boost. Let me know that you think. Thanks!!

Injen intake, denso5346@0.022, VT snorkel, bms fmic, jb4 with ewg and fuel wires connected. 5300 altitude with 91 octane.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200510_151712_runs(1).csv (12.5 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by Bbest6693; 05-10-2020 at 06:02 PM..
(#3178)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbest6693
Hello Terry,
This is my first time with the JB4 hooked up.

I have a lot of good logs from map0 and map1.

Yesterday I experienced a code 061B for the first time. Today I also got one. It turns off the engine but leaves accessory power on.

Today I deleted the code again and tried map 0 then 1 then 2. Seemed somewhat normal. Then on the way back tried map 2 and were at very low boost. Let me know that you think. Thanks!!

Injen intake, denso5346@0.022, VT snorkel, jb4 with ewg and fuel wires connected. 5300 altitude with 91 octane.
That code is a known issue with the v3.7 JB4 mobile adapter.

Update your app here: Rev 3.7 Connect Kit App Compatibility Updates - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Also update the JB4 to v16 firmware, and both of those will take care of it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3179)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default Its Fun Again! - 05-10-2020, 04:06 PM

You're the man Terry. Thanks!
Both fixes worked. Plenty of boost, none of the codes.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200510_1629_runs(14).csv (243.8 KB, 55 views)
(#3180)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbest6693
You're the man Terry. Thanks!
Both fixes worked. Plenty of boost, none of the codes.
Looks normal to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3181)
Old

Car: 2020 Hyundai Elantra Sport
Default 05-10-2020, 07:35 PM

So noticed when trying to do a pull Map 4 switched to Map 0. I'm running the latest iOS version and v16 of the firmware. Is there any reason why it would do this? Seems that maps 2 has been fine when doing the same thing.

Last edited by khancerto; 05-10-2020 at 10:06 PM..
(#3182)
Old

Car: Stinger GT1
Default 05-11-2020, 05:16 AM

Anybody out there having bogus app gauge readings with coolant/trans temp and pedal? Mine randomly jumps from normal op coolant 210-215 up to 21,000 for a few seconds then back to normal readings. Trans does same. Pedal shows 145-165 when I'm probably only pushing around 25-30%. Thanks.
(#3183)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancerto
So noticed when trying to do a pull Map 4 switched to Map 0. I'm running the latest iOS version and v16 of the firmware. Is there any reason why it would do this? Seems that maps 2 has been fine when doing the same thing.
Check last safety in the app to see why it changed to the safety map.

Burger Motorsports

(#3184)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.k.whyde
Anybody out there having bogus app gauge readings with coolant/trans temp and pedal? Mine randomly jumps from normal op coolant 210-215 up to 21,000 for a few seconds then back to normal readings. Trans does same. Pedal shows 145-165 when I'm probably only pushing around 25-30%. Thanks.
There is an issue with the v3.7 mobile adapters corrupting log data a bit. Will be fixed next app update.

Burger Motorsports

(#3185)
Old

Default 05-11-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Check last safety in the app to see why it changed to the safety map.
Ok I'll check that out next time it does it. Currently that area is blank.
(#3186)
Old

Default 05-11-2020, 08:48 AM

Ok i checked and it showed as Boost over safety. Currently it's set at 24.
(#3187)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2020, 10:52 AM

For the 4bangers you may need to raise the safety. Capture a log and we can check it out. You may need to go up to 26psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#3188)
Old

Default 05-11-2020, 08:47 PM

So looking at this one, I guess I hit 26.5. Probably should set it to 27? How high is unsafe high?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M4_R1_200511_1518.csv (309.4 KB, 50 views)
(#3189)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-12-2020, 08:31 AM

Hi terry.

Quick question...

I updated to the newest firmware v17. I tried to set up the wiper blade to be able to switch maps. I followed the instructions on how to do so. Setting would not save and would tell me to check WMI setting.

I then enabled (WMI Pump PWN) and clicked saved and wiper blade map switch controls worked.

Just wanted to see If its ok to keep (WMI Pump PWN) enabled even if I dowt have WMI.

Thank you.
(#3190)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2020, 08:49 AM

I'd have to see the screen shot but if you got it saved one way or another then you're fine.

Burger Motorsports

(#3191)
Old

Default 05-12-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I'd have to see the screen shot but if you got it saved one way or another then you're fine.
Thank terry.

I will post a screen shot later on.

I've always had issues like before with FUD settings. I would try to save settings and they just wouldn't save. After a couple firmware updates I was finally able to do so.
(#3192)
Old

Default 05-12-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I got a screen shot. Hope you're able to see it.
Attached Images

(#3193)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2020, 12:33 PM

There is a check on that form to require a few selections so you could also just go back to the defaults of min boost = 10psi or virtual sensor offset = 150 so it satisfies that requirement.

Burger Motorsports

(#3194)
Old

Car: 17 2.0T stinger
Default No spark plugs yet - 05-13-2020, 10:13 PM

I bought the jb4 and also the 6 spark plug kit only to just figure out those spark plugs dont fit in my 2.0T. With everything hooked up except my mobile app, will the Jb4 be on still or will I have to unplug it until I get my plugs?
(#3195)
Old

Default 05-14-2020, 09:12 AM

So is there any information for understanding custom mappings, how to set them up, or if anyone has any custom maps figured out for the 1.6T on the Elantra Sport? Been running Map 4 with no problems but would love to know if there are ways to tweak it to better suit the car specifically.
(#3196)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancerto
So is there any information for understanding custom mappings, how to set them up, or if anyone has any custom maps figured out for the 1.6T on the Elantra Sport? Been running Map 4 with no problems but would love to know if there are ways to tweak it to better suit the car specifically.
You'd read/evaluate the logs but for the smaller engines generally speaking our OTS maps seem to be the best fit. It's just a matter of finding the optimal map for your fuel and modifications, which the datalog will help you do.

Burger Motorsports

(#3197)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangeski
I bought the jb4 and also the 6 spark plug kit only to just figure out those spark plugs dont fit in my 2.0T. With everything hooked up except my mobile app, will the Jb4 be on still or will I have to unplug it until I get my plugs?
No just leave the JB4 on map0 until you sort out the plugs.

Burger Motorsports

(#3198)
Old

Default 05-14-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
You'd read/evaluate the logs but for the smaller engines generally speaking our OTS maps seem to be the best fit. It's just a matter of finding the optimal map for your fuel and modifications, which the datalog will help you do.
So am I safe for running this map based on this log?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M4_R1_200513_1534.csv (255.1 KB, 52 views)
(#3199)
Old

Car: 17 2.0T stinger
Default 05-15-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
No just leave the JB4 on map0 until you sort out the plugs.
Ok. Thank you
(#3200)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger
Default 05-15-2020, 08:47 AM

Can someone tell me what page the v15 IAT wire relocation is on. Haven't been able to find it.