N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default BMS, whats the plan? - 01-19-2017, 11:27 PM

Hi,

I was just wondering whats the plan for JB4 series,
on N54 and N55 we see trend of decline on JB4 as people move to flash only method.

I see BMS expending on other engines and brands,
just wanted to know (if its not a secret) whats the plan?

just to discuss

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2017, 08:39 AM

Our sales are higher than ever for the E series N54 and N55 JB4 models and each has active development underway which we discuss as we want in relevant threads. We've also been killing the F Series and VW EA888 platforms lately.

I'm sure flash only sales are growing too. The entire market is growing since you can get a nice 335i for under $10k now. But the despite the heavy flash marketing by JB4 haters there are many things you just can't do without a JB4. And many more that just don't work as well flash only. That's because when flash guys add features they generally only work half as well as the equivalent JB4 feature while taking twice as long to release. The way I see it for every new flash only customer a good percentage will eventually become JB4+flash customers...

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 01-20-2017, 08:51 AM

Hard to beat the JB4 in single turbo applications...plus I love how it controls the BMS port injection controller.

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#4)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 01-20-2017, 08:57 AM

I think there are more and more flash only guys, and more and more JB4 + flash guys too, the whole platform is growing, considering how cheap N54s are nowadays...

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#5)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-20-2017, 01:19 PM

Once you pass a certain threshold with the n54, a jb4 will do nothing but make life easier on you. Flash + JB4 truly is the best recipe
(#6)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 01-20-2017, 02:08 PM

Im really glad to read it, as im supporter of BMS products in general.

Terry, have you changed your mind about idea that was discussed earlier about making it possible to flash thru JB4? to make life easier for everyone

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2017, 02:10 PM

It still doesn't really interest me. I would like to see the BB software updated to work with any OBDII to USB adapter so the community has an inexpensive option available although I'm perfectly happy with the MHD JB4 BEF license and support/continued flash development they provide.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 01-20-2017, 03:47 PM

I can tell you from experience that the JB4 has earned itself such a huge reputation that most everyone who isn't doing a ton of research online always goes straight to the JB4 as their tuning choice. It became so popular that even other platform enthusiasts started remembering the name (probably because they got beat by it). I hear people ask about it locally and recommend it all the time and rarely the same for MHD. So Terry saying sales have never been better makes perfect sense. Couple a huge name brand that is widely popular and proven with a popular platform that can be had for under $10k now and boom goes the dynamite. Plus those like myself that love the added features of the JB4 coupled with the BEF will always bring more business too.

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2017, 04:26 PM

I'm always surprised when I run in to random people (who don't know who I am), see I'm driving a turbo BMW, and tell me I should get a JB4. lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 01-20-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'm always surprised when I run in to random people (who don't know who I am), see I'm driving a turbo BMW, and tell me I should get a JB4. lol.
Haha, that's funny. I bet you're like, "yeah I'll look into that".

I always run into people when I'm out racing that usually aren't even driving a BMW ask me if I have a JB4 in it. You did a great job associating the platform with the name JB4 when it comes to performance

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#11)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 01-20-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect
Haha, that's funny. I bet you're like, "yeah I'll look into that".

I always run into people when I'm out racing that usually aren't even driving a BMW ask me if I have a JB4 in it. You did a great job associating the platform with the name JB4 when it comes to performance
I second this. In my old car I would tell people it's single turbo and they would not care at all (probably thought I was N55).

But if I told them I had JB4 they would be like "oh **** must be fast!". Also anytime I ran into someone somewhat into cars they would ask if I had JB4.

The comment about MHD is true too. When I tell people about MHD they look at me like I started speaking a different language

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#12)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-20-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
but has anyone ever told you that you should get a Procede
(#13)
Old

Default 01-21-2017, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Our sales are higher than ever for the E series N54 and N55 JB4 models and each has active development underway which we discuss as we want in relevant threads. We've also been killing the F Series and VW EA888 platforms lately.

I'm sure flash only sales are growing too. The entire market is growing since you can get a nice 335i for under $10k now. But the despite the heavy flash marketing by JB4 haters there are many things you just can't do without a JB4. And many more that just don't work as well flash only. That's because when flash guys add features they generally only work half as well as the equivalent JB4 feature while taking twice as long to release. The way I see it for every new flash only customer a good percentage will eventually become JB4+flash customers...
When u will release a wire or flash to remove the speed limiter from F series n55, most of us won't pay 500-1000$ to flash and remove the speed limiter.

do u have any solution for the limiter?
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2017, 09:55 AM

It's not really practical to remove the F series speed limiter via an add on module. I understand both PTF and MHD are working on at home F series flashing so some day hopefully that is in the cards at a lower price.

Burger Motorsports