Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-17-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We're working on it!
Send me pictures

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#152)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Send me pictures
Nhi and Jon have them.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#153)
Old

Car: 2019 G70 3.3T
Default 02-17-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerickd
Maybe u can simply unpin it at the pedal??
The connector plugs right into the brake light switch and there is absolutely no room to work unless you pull the airbag out for the knee bolster. It would be better if we had connectors that would plug on to the brake pedal and into the harness because then you can just reach up in there and plug it in and unplug it as needed for dealership trips
(#154)
Old

Car: 2019 GTS
Default 02-17-2020, 03:39 PM

Yupp
(#155)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger GT2
Default 02-25-2020, 09:54 PM

I don't recall previously reading this so delete if duplicated. On my 2020 gt2 when this wire is cut the cruise control will not work. But when the switch is active it all works well. Just an fyi.
(#156)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 02-26-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
We're working on it!
Hey Terry...any updates on your progress? Anything you can share?

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#157)
Old

Car: stinger
Default 03-14-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey
Mine cuts throttle if i spin for 1 second in rwd mode just punching it, even at 30 mph.
Break snip it will cut on a hard launch as well with little to no spin.
Follow up if i havent already....
Brake snip with my wicked ecu tune was crashing fuel pressure on the brake snip launch. Reduced bokst targets in first and it worked. But the flashing A mode really never panned out as it was too hard to control.
Non flashing mode worked alright but not amazing. Reversed the snip a few weeks back.
(#158)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger
Default 04-02-2020, 08:50 AM

Sorry for the noob question but when hooking up switch mine has a ground, acc, and power. Do I hook it to the ground and power or acc and power? Thanks
(#159)
Old

Default 04-02-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanktodd
Sorry for the noob question but when hooking up switch mine has a ground, acc, and power. Do I hook it to the ground and power or acc and power? Thanks
Don't use the ground, use the other two.
(#160)
Old

Default 04-12-2020, 08:32 AM

I have a 2020 GT2 AWD. I did the brake mod, aem intake and jb4. I currently am running e30 on map 5. I launch at 2800 rpm and the best 60 foot I can get using dragy is 1.95. How is everyone getting 1.6 60'?
(#161)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2020, 08:11 PM

Let's see the log, you must be doing something wrong!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#162)
Old

Default 04-13-2020, 06:09 AM

Most people are getting 1.75 to 1.80s. A few get lucky at the prepped track and get beast mode (flashing A) to hook for that 1.60. Its not very repeatable they say.
(#163)
Old

Default 04-13-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Let's see the log, you must be doing something wrong!
Terry @ BMS Check the attacked log (see if i did that right). According to dragy 60ft is 1.94s; 1/4 is 12.75@109.49
Attached Files
File Type: csv Truitt Keeler 20200413_170104_runs.csv (19.1 KB, 51 views)
(#164)
Old

Default 04-14-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truittkeeler
Terry @ BMS Check the attacked log (see if i did that right). According to dragy 60ft is 1.94s; 1/4 is 12.75@109.49
With that kind of power you aren't going to blaze the 60 foot either.
Seem the GT2s are more mild on the brake snip, none of the GT2s are in the 1.6s
(#165)
Old

Default 04-14-2020, 09:35 AM

It's really weird about how it reacts. I know I'm leaving on 10ish pounds of boost, and I really don't think its turbo lag. It feels more like the computer is restricting the launch. It will roll out a few feet before all the power hits and then it takes off strong. I was hoping the JB4 had some magic that changed that but no change on the initial roll, once the power is fully delivered then yes it is stronger with the JB4. I thought electronics were faster but not in this case.
(#166)
Old

Default 04-14-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truittkeeler
It's really weird about how it reacts. I know I'm leaving on 10ish pounds of boost, and I really don't think its turbo lag. It feels more like the computer is restricting the launch. It will roll out a few feet before all the power hits and then it takes off strong. I was hoping the JB4 had some magic that changed that but no change on the initial roll, once the power is fully delivered then yes it is stronger with the JB4. I thought electronics were faster but not in this case.
You are totally right. Brake snip will launch at 7-9 PSI for me, but throttle opens slowly up to 20 MPH. At 20 MPH it feels like the NOS hits. This method was giving me 1.75s to 1.80 60 foots on a 470+ HP Stinger.
Sit in Drive at a stop for 2 mins and wait for the "A" on the light on the dash to start flashing and try again. Just be careful not to over do it as this way is 15 PSI and full throttle immediately. Beast Mode!
(#167)
Old

Default 04-14-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
You are totally right. Brake snip will launch at 7-9 PSI for me, but throttle opens slowly up to 20 MPH. At 20 MPH it feels like the NOS hits. This method was giving me 1.75s to 1.80 60 foots on a 470+ HP Stinger.
Sit in Drive at a stop for 2 mins and wait for the "A" on the light on the dash to start flashing and try again. Just be careful not to over do it as this way is 15 PSI and full throttle immediately. Beast Mode!
Wait...not sure if I am missing something. How are you getting 15 PSI, etc? Is this with the Brake Snip?

I have a G70 3.3T with a JB4...Map 3 with 99 octane. I am scared to do the Brake Snip...but was wondering if I missed some "beast mode" that you speak of.

(#168)
Old

Default 04-14-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer
Wait...not sure if I am missing something. How are you getting 15 PSI, etc? Is this with the Brake Snip?

I have a G70 3.3T with a JB4...Map 3 with 99 octane. I am scared to do the Brake Snip...but was wondering if I missed some "beast mode" that you speak of.
On the Stingers, with auto off function, you can flip the brake switch and sit in drive for about 2 minutes when the car is warm and would want to shut off. The auto stop "A" on the dash starts to flash and then you get 15 PSI and full throttle from 0 MPH.
You can also drive around with the switch flipped and eventually A will flash but sitting in D seems best. You will need to restart the car to return to normal LC or even to mellow brake snip.
(#169)
Old

Default 04-14-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
On the Stingers, with auto off function, you can flip the brake switch and sit in drive for about 2 minutes when the car is warm and would want to shut off. The auto stop "A" on the dash starts to flash and then you get 15 PSI and full throttle from 0 MPH.
You can also drive around with the switch flipped and eventually A will flash but sitting in D seems best. You will need to restart the car to return to normal LC or even to mellow brake snip.
Ah...that's awesome. The G70 3.3T does not have Auto Stop. Only the 2.0T does.

(#170)
Old

Default 04-14-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
The A was flashing but I don't get 15 psi. I'm currently on map 5 with e30 mix. What RPM are you launching at for beast mode?
I've noticed while building boost to launch, if I push the gas quick it will spin the rears at 2000 rpm (yes its AWD) while I'm getting ready. However, if I do it slowly I can get it to 2800 without wheel spin, another second and the boosts gets to 10ish. When I launch I still get the roll out before the power is 100%
(#171)
Old

Car: Genesis g70
Default 04-14-2020, 01:55 PM

So I also have a 3.3 g70. Mine is rwd. I was able to launch at 14 pounds of boost and hook very well. I honestly think this helps rwd cars more. It allows to get a good burn out in and make sure the tires are nice and sticky. Also lower the air pressure to about 18-20 psi. That makes a huge difference. My best 60’ is 1.72 with a 4.02 0-60. Also using 20 inch wheels and low pro tires which we all know aren’t the greatest when trying to get traction. The biggest thing is practicing it so you know how the car is going to act. I try to launch at 2900 rpm. Hope this helps a little

2019 genesis g70 3.3 sport
Jb4, bms intakes, ark midpipes, jun bl catback.
(#172)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 04-29-2020, 09:24 AM

Quick Question... How do you get your Stinger to go into "Beast" Mode, which is indicated by a flashing "A" on the dash?

If I read monkey's comment correctly, you can do this by having the Auto Stop/Start function turned on, Brake snip switch in "off" position, car in drive while holding down the brake and waiting for a minute or 2?
(#173)
Old

Default 04-29-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
The DIY is what it is this point and a wire cut is required to enable it.

As far as I know it generally works on all models including GT2, although there is some variance in how the launches themselves work which others will need to attest to. Our development RWD GT zero issues.
The more i learn the more i think there is no difference with the GT2. People do the snip and use it and there are probably different modes for everyone but most people dont really notice. This is why some run 1.60 and others 1.80.
Weird thing the other day i was going for Beast mode - flashing "A" and it worked but after driving that way for a while it went back to a mellower launch mode. Very strange, results vary. The strongest mode is virtually impossible to launch so the weaker modes aren't all bad.
(#174)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-02-2020, 12:03 PM

Ok guys, how do you know which green/black wire to cut?? I have 2 and cannot tell which one goes to port 83. Is there a way to disassemble the housing to the ECU plug so you can see exactly which one is one going to 83??
(#175)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 06-01-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I've heard rumors that the brake wire can be located at the brake pedal assembly and it might be possible to make a plug and play adapter for it. When time permits I'll try to confirm it and chase down the required connectors.
Any update/progress on the plug-n-play brake connectors?

2019 GT2 AWD - Panthera Metal
JB4 - Fuel Wires - EWG Wires - Ultimate Performance Intercooler - BMS Intakes - ARK Secondaires - MBRP Exhaust