N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3001)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 02-18-2020, 03:26 PM

I’m trying to order the PNP Fuel Wire Adapters, but it’s saying they can’t be shipped to CA; is that right?
(#3002)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 02-18-2020, 06:08 PM

So I have been having an issue with the car. I had replaced the spark plugs with the Denso plugs about 10K miles ago. Well one of them cracked and the car would studder when above about 50% gas. I replaced it and now the car runs a little better but every single time I try and push the pedal down the car will accelerate then studder. At the exact some time the JB4 app stops responding. I just hit the disconnect and reconnect button and everything in the app is working again. I tried to grab logs and they are attached. I am not sure if anything shows up in them but I would appreciate any feedback. I guess another plug could also be cracked. I realize these are really short logs but once it disconnects I assume logging stops. Not sure why it's disconnecting when the studder happens.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-18 15_53_46_Map-2.csv (2.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-18 15_54_20_Map-2.csv (8.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-18 15_56_21_Map-2.csv (3.0 KB, 60 views)
(#3003)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default Map 0 vs Map 2 - Doesn't look right - 02-19-2020, 12:51 PM

Terry, when you have a moment, would you mind looking at these two logs? I don't see any difference in performance between map 0 and map 2. When I compare map 0 to map 1 from 21 MPH to ~52MPH, the result is about the same. I believe graphing speed side-by-side isn't perfect, but I think I should see a larger difference or at least it should be clear image that map 2 increases quicker. I know these are very short logs.

Here are my specs:
* GT2
* Intakes
* 93 Octane Fuel
* Sport Mode w/traction control off & stability control off
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-19 12_59_22_Map-0.csv (5.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-19 13_00_36_Map-2.csv (5.6 KB, 59 views)
(#3004)
Old

Car: Stinger GT2
Default 02-19-2020, 01:08 PM

Hey guys,

I'm sorry if this is a repeat but I'm completely new to all this.

I'm about to receive my JB4. I have a Stinger GT2 with CAI, catback exhaust with secondary downs.

What kind of gains will I be looking at with these mods on map #2 with 93 gas?
(#3005)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 02-19-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macktose
Hey guys,

I'm sorry if this is a repeat but I'm completely new to all this.

I'm about to receive my JB4. I have a Stinger GT2 with CAI, catback exhaust with secondary downs.

What kind of gains will I be looking at with these mods on map #2 with 93 gas?
100~120hp
(#3006)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDavlin
Terry, when you have a moment, would you mind looking at these two logs? I don't see any difference in performance between map 0 and map 2. When I compare map 0 to map 1 from 21 MPH to ~52MPH, the result is about the same. I believe graphing speed side-by-side isn't perfect, but I think I should see a larger difference or at least it should be clear image that map 2 increases quicker. I know these are very short logs.

Here are my specs:
* GT2
* Intakes
* 93 Octane Fuel
Hard to see much with ~4 second runs but logs look normal to me.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3007)
Old

Car: Veloster N
Default 02-20-2020, 09:57 PM

Terry, a quick question to make sure.

I bought a JB4 recently.
As you wrote, fuel wires are preinstalled on the JB4 harness now.
The thing is I drive Veloster N.
Only one fuel wire (A wire from No. 20) attaches to O2 sensor but the shorter one is preinstalled (too short to reach).
As I don't need the longer wire preinstalled, can I cut part/link to the shorter wire?
(#3008)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2020, 10:12 PM

For 4cyl models the longer wire must be used as that one ties back to the correct fuel bank for 4cyl models. You can cut it to length as needed though.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3009)
Old

Car: Veloster N
Default 02-20-2020, 11:53 PM

For Veloster N,
As far as I know, the longer wire is inserted onto the no.20 slot. It is because the shorter wire is too short.
But, as fuel wires are preinstalled now, I need to pull the longer wire from the no.21 slot to use, or I need to cut part and link to the shorter wire to extend.
Am I right?
(#3010)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpdlhlee
For Veloster N,
As far as I know, the longer wire is inserted onto the no.20 slot. It is because the shorter wire is too short.
But, as fuel wires are preinstalled now, I need to pull the longer wire from the no.21 slot to use, or I need to cut part and link to the shorter wire to extend.
Am I right?
All you do is attach the longer wire to your o2 sensor signal wire. The shorter wire can stay tucked out of the way and is not used.

Burger Motorsports

(#3011)
Old

Car: 2020 Veloster N
Default 02-21-2020, 10:20 AM

FYI -- For attaching to the o2 sensor harness you can use this for the Veloster N:

2.0T Fits Veloster N Air Fuel O2 Oxygen Sensor JB4 AFR Fuel Control Wire Harness | eBay
(#3012)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2020, 11:11 AM

Our adapter is compatible with the 2L models but instead of the red wire you use the black wire in position #2.

https://www.burgertuning.com/collect...31202042478707

Burger Motorsports

(#3013)
Old

Default 02-22-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDavlin

Here are my specs:
* GT2
* Intakes
* 93 Octane Fuel
I have the same mods as you pretty much. Because my CAI I just had the panel filters I made 375 whp on a mustang dyno. Thatís around 475 crank or so. So you will see at least 100 crank hp. Itís a huge difference. From exhaust and cai the power difference is not really noticeable. Putting on map 2 is a very noticeable gain in power.
(#3014)
Old

Default NEED HELP!!! - 02-22-2020, 07:58 AM

Just installed the JB4. Everything is installed properly from what I know and it is running horribly. I've got Denso Sparks gapped properly. I just can't figure it out. I'll attach some photos of the install and a video showing how bad it's running. It feels almost like a drag car at idle in roughness. I'm afraid to give it much gas cuz it's so bad.

Log @ Idle
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lv9UGCgs5QEiqsTb8

Log @ Normal driving
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yqGbcECXEjbJKEMU9

Video
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gGwTtQV3LoKHKjdV6

Wiring
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sBGMXmxToEZxwzj48

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ccv7zpouTVCgqkE19

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZF7Xwnmy8EVvpAXw8

Last edited by Macktose; 02-22-2020 at 08:07 AM..
(#3015)
Old

Default 02-22-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Just installed the JB4. Everything is installed properly from what I know and it is running horribly. I've got Denso Sparks gapped properly. I just can't figure it out. I'll attach some photos of the install and a video showing how bad it's running. It feels almost like a drag car at idle in roughness. I'm afraid to give it much gas cuz it's so bad.

Log @ Idle
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lv9UGCgs5QEiqsTb8

Log @ Normal driving
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yqGbcECXEjbJKEMU9

Video
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gGwTtQV3LoKHKjdV6

Wiring
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sBGMXmxToEZxwzj48

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ccv7zpouTVCgqkE19

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZF7Xwnmy8EVvpAXw8

I would stop driving it until you sort out this issue. Terry will need to see the log files to give you any help.

Last edited by Adamdan; 02-22-2020 at 08:33 AM..
(#3016)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Sounds like a plug is damaged, coil not plugged in, two coils crossed, etc. Should be able to get some fault codes to better isolate the issue. Maybe pop the JB4 off first since that just takes 30 seconds to determine if it's even related.

Burger Motorsports

(#3017)
Old

Default 02-22-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sounds like a plug is damaged, coil not plugged in, two coils crossed, etc. Should be able to get some fault codes to better isolate the issue. Maybe pop the JB4 off first since that just takes 30 seconds to determine if it's even related.
It was a Crossed freaking wire. Runs great now. Completely my fault. Thank you all for your help!
(#3018)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
It was a Crossed freaking wire. Runs great now. Completely my fault. Thank you all for your help!
Haha easy fix!

Burger Motorsports

(#3019)
Old

Default Car cutting power under WOT - 03-02-2020, 11:58 AM

Hi Terry

Can you please check the log, I know its much shorter than normally required but it logged when the car cut power and surged, the car has been cutting power and surging a lot lately under WOT . I'm thinking I may have accidently changed a setting under the user adjustment by mistake. Should the N20 TMAP setting be on 1 ?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-02 17_41_30_Map-2.csv (937 Bytes, 57 views)
(#3020)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-03-2020, 03:02 PM

Log is empty, but TMAP will be forced to a value of 1.

Burger Motorsports

(#3021)
Old

Default 03-04-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Log is empty, but TMAP will be forced to a value of 1.
Hi Terry here is another few logs.

Its still short but I cant do a full 3rd gear pull as the car jolts and stutters to much, I know the car cut jolted twice in one of the two logs

Runs fine in map 0 so im sure its related to the JB4, it previously ran fine for 15,000klms

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-04 15_44_09_Map-2.csv (4.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-04 15_44_47_Map-2.csv (4.7 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by D-C; 03-04-2020 at 01:56 PM..
(#3022)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default New User & Log - 03-06-2020, 10:47 AM

Hello,

This is my first post. Just installed the JB4 yesterday. Did the Denso Step 1 plugs, gapped to the recommended 0.022" the day previous to installing the JB4. Also installed the BMS Stinger Zero Maintenance OCC. BMS Intakes are being delivered next week. All I have been fueling my car with, even prior to the JB4 is 93 Octane Gas. Thankfully its offered at every gas station around here. I started out in factory set Map 1 last night, and tried Map 2 today. I am wondering if I can run Map 3 with my current setup, or should I wait for the Intakes first? Also, could someone please look at my logs to see if my third gear test shows everything is running correctly? Thanks very much and am looking forward to learning as much as I can here, as it seems like a great group. Thanks guys.

2020-03-05 21_19_09_Map-1.csv

2020-03-05 21_42_41_Map-1.csv
(#3023)
Old

Default Was told my Log was nowhere near redline in 3rd - 03-06-2020, 01:06 PM

Sorry, I realized I just posted logs but I heard from support@burgertuning that my logs were not done correctly, and that I was nowhere near redline. However, when I opened those same logs, they all started around 2500 rpm and ended around 6600 rpm, from 3rd gear as instructed. Anyhow I went out and completed new logs just now. I have attached 3 logs, which all (in my opinion) show 3rd gear beginning around 2500 or so RPM, and the spreadsheet(s) end around 6500-6600 RPM. Could someone please look at these attached logs for my 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 in JB4 Map 1. I want to know the fuel control is engaged, on, and functioning correctly, and anything else I should be aware of. Thank you very much in advance for all of your help. Am very new to this and am learning as I go along.

2020-03-06 14_40_46_Map-1.csv

2020-03-06 14_41_24_Map-1.csv

2020-03-06 14_42_01_Map-1.csv
(#3024)
Old

Car: BMW 340i M-Performance
Default 03-06-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Stinger_GT2
Sorry, I realized I just posted logs but I heard from support@burgertuning that my logs were not done correctly, and that I was nowhere near redline. However, when I opened those same logs, they all started around 2500 rpm and ended around 6600 rpm, from 3rd gear as instructed. Anyhow I went out and completed new logs just now. I have attached 3 logs, which all (in my opinion) show 3rd gear beginning around 2500 or so RPM, and the spreadsheet(s) end around 6500-6600 RPM. Could someone please look at these attached logs for my 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 in JB4 Map 1. I want to know the fuel control is engaged, on, and functioning correctly, and anything else I should be aware of. Thank you very much in advance for all of your help. Am very new to this and am learning as I go along.
It looks like your only pressing the pedal down at 40%. Pedal values should read 97-100.

Press the pedal all the way down without activating the kickdown (the button underneath the pedal that 'clicks' on)

2016 BMW 340i M-Sport -- BMS JB4, BMS Billet Intake, E30 Custom Map 6
(#3025)
Old

Default Pedal down to activate kickdown - 03-06-2020, 02:50 PM

Thanks for replying absolute_340. Really appreciate the help. My issue with that is that when I do that the car shifts out of Gear 3. However I have done it on these new logs. Would you mind looking at these and letting me know if any of these three is what we are looking for? I also really want to know if the fuel wires are on and working appropriately. Thanks so much!!

2020-03-06 15_46_59_Map-1.csv

2020-03-06 15_47_53_Map-1.csv

2020-03-06 15_48_34_Map-1.csv