N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2726)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-21-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerdBath
Good to know Terry. In the WRX world the Accessport did something similar. That turbo 4 would lag down low then all of a sudden give 100% turbo mid turn when merging into traffic from a stop. The Accessport changed the turbo delivery to make it more predictable/linear. I'm still in the break in period so have taken it easy so far with the G70. Only 100 more miles before I can really start playing around.
Break in? Bah!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2727)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-21-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooF
Good Evening Terry,
Looks good to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2728)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-23-2019, 04:27 PM

Finally started working on a Kia specific parameter thread: Kia/Hyundai JB4 Logging Parameters - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

(#2729)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 10-25-2019, 10:28 AM

Did a quick log with boostane on Map 3. 93 octane w/ boostane. Denso plugs and BMS intake.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2019-10-25 13_05_30_Map-3.csv (6.6 KB, 102 views)
(#2730)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 10-25-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven TMAN
Did a quick log with boostane on Map 3. 93 octane w/ boostane. Denso plugs and BMS intake.
How much boostane did you add...meaning final octane. Also...regular or Pro?

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#2731)
Old

Default 10-25-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer
How much boostane did you add...meaning final octane. Also...regular or Pro?
Pro. Added approximately 4 ounces.
(#2732)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 10-25-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Pro. Added approximately 4 ounces.
4 ounces to an empty tank?

On my G70...I add 8oz (1/4 bottle) of Pro to an empty tank (16 gal). That comes out to roughly 1/2 ounce to 1 gallon of 93 fuel...which gets me to 99 octane.

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#2733)
Old

Car: 2109 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Default 10-25-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You'd just enter the boost values as fuel and duty bias have nothing to do with map6.

psi_curve[0] = 4.0 '1500
psi_curve[1] = 4.0 '2000
psi_curve[2] = 4.0 '2500
psi_curve[3] = 4.5 '3000
psi_curve[4] = 5.0 '3500
psi_curve[5] = 5.0 '4000
psi_curve[6] = 5.0 '4500
psi_curve[7] = 4.5 '5000
psi_curve[8] = 4.0 '5500
psi_curve[9] = 4.0 '6000
psi_curve[10] = 3.5 '6500
psi_curve[11] = 3.5 '7000
Hey Terry - can you tell me these intervals for map1? Thanks!
(#2734)
Old

Default 10-25-2019, 04:40 PM

I looked up E30 which is suggested for map 3 and it was around 94 octane. I guestimated 96-97 is enough. If it pulls timing, I'll add more. The 4 ounces was what I calculated for 15.9 gallons. I believe it was 4.136 ounces or something.
(#2735)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 10-31-2019, 07:18 PM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MhBjXZQ1xz4RprqX6Hey Terry,

Thanks for the platform support. This is my second jb4, had an n55 before. This is my first time posting a log so let me know if it needs to be uploaded differently. Itís map 3 0-100 on e30, howís it look? Have a meth kit sitting in the cart from you as well ready to go as long as Iím looking good so far
(#2736)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnasty69
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MhBjXZQ1xz4RprqX6Hey Terry,

Thanks for the platform support. This is my second jb4, had an n55 before. This is my first time posting a log so let me know if it needs to be uploaded differently. Itís map 3 0-100 on e30, howís it look? Have a meth kit sitting in the cart from you as well ready to go as long as Iím looking good so far
Post the CSV here and I can check it out!

Burger Motorsports

(#2737)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I looked up E30 which is suggested for map 3 and it was around 94 octane. I guestimated 96-97 is enough. If it pulls timing, I'll add more. The 4 ounces was what I calculated for 15.9 gallons. I believe it was 4.136 ounces or something.
+1 best thing is to always just check the log when in doubt on the octane

Burger Motorsports

(#2738)
Old

Default 10-31-2019, 09:04 PM

How does the email function for the log work? I hit email and nothing happens, where is it default set to go? I feel pretty stupid LOL I’m 25 and can’t figure out how to get this csv uploaded off the app
(#2739)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnasty69
How does the email function for the log work? I hit email and nothing happens, where is it default set to go? I feel pretty stupid LOL Iím 25 and canít figure out how to get this csv uploaded off the app
It just opens an email window on your device based on that devices settings with the CSV log attached.

Burger Motorsports

(#2740)
Old

Default 10-31-2019, 09:14 PM

If anyone else runs into that issue, itís because I didnít have the native email app on my iPhone. I deleted it to use gmail. Quick reinstall and we are good to go
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0-100 pull 64 map 3 on e30.csv (11.4 KB, 101 views)
(#2741)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-01-2019, 11:14 AM

Log is clean but update app so we get timing cyl2-6 as well.

Burger Motorsports

(#2742)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT 3.3l T-Gdi awd
Default 11-03-2019, 05:27 AM

Hello
I'm a first timer when it comes to JB4.
I'm thinking on ordering it for my Stinger T-Gdi 3.3 awd.
I live in Sweden and we have 98 octane, will that work?
And is it only the spark plugs that needed to be changed or does in some other kind of part change/adjustment?

I am really stoked for buying this

Thx in advance
(#2743)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 11-03-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antMan
Hello
I'm a first timer when it comes to JB4.
I'm thinking on ordering it for my Stinger T-Gdi 3.3 awd.
I live in Sweden and we have 98 octane, will that work?
And is it only the spark plugs that needed to be changed or does in some other kind of part change/adjustment?

I am really stoked for buying this

Thx in advance
98 octane is plenty for map2, maybe enough for map3.
But even map 2 is a huge step up from stock.
I am sure you will love it.
(#2744)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1 2019
Smile 11-03-2019, 07:53 AM

Morning Terry, please check my log. Did a quick pull this morning 47F temps. Will try some E30 next!!

19 Stinger GT- JB4 w/fuel wires on Map 2, Denso plugs, SSR midpipes & BMS intake .
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-11-03 09_43_36_Map-2.csv (10.7 KB, 107 views)
(#2745)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldony
Morning Terry, please check my log. Did a quick pull this morning 47F temps. Will try some E30 next!!

19 Stinger GT- JB4 w/fuel wires on Map 2, Denso plugs, SSR midpipes & BMS intake .
Looks fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2746)
Old

Car: 19 Stinger GT1 AWD
Default 11-03-2019, 10:04 AM

Hi Terry. Two logs attached, both with hesitation issues. Feels like ignition breakup but I'm honestly not sure what the issue is. Car ran great for a few K miles then this issue reared its ugly head. One run is in Eco with OK acceleration until the end, the other is in sport with immediate problems.

Car has Denso plugs, MBRP catback, JB4 with fuel wires.

Thanks for any advice.

Jeff
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-11-03 11_15_03_Map-2.csv (5.5 KB, 109 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-03 11_14_55_Map-2.csv (1.3 KB, 120 views)
(#2747)
Old

Car: 19 Stinger GT1 AWD
Default 11-03-2019, 01:25 PM

Hi Terry. Sorry for the multiple posts, but adding a few more logs in case these help.

Jeff
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-11-03 15_09_05_Map-0.csv (6.6 KB, 102 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-03 15_07_14_Map-0.csv (2.6 KB, 97 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-03 15_07_10_Map-2.csv (1.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-03 15_04_06_Map-2.csv (3.0 KB, 114 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-03 15_04_02_Map-2.csv (1.2 KB, 112 views)
(#2748)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburger
Hi Terry. Two logs attached, both with hesitation issues. Feels like ignition breakup but I'm honestly not sure what the issue is. Car ran great for a few K miles then this issue reared its ugly head. One run is in Eco with OK acceleration until the end, the other is in sport with immediate problems.

Car has Denso plugs, MBRP catback, JB4 with fuel wires.

Thanks for any advice.
Opened a few and can't see much, but usually winds up being a faulty plug or ignition coil.

Burger Motorsports

(#2749)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 11-04-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingerWolf
Odd. I still don't understand why there isn't a full range of speed numbers recorded for this. 100% pedal Launch Control activated in the Stinger from a dig both runs. These were the only records logged on the app for these two runs.
I also don't know why Map2 suggests that I Maxed out at 101 mph before reducing speed. The Track slip clearly states that my finish speed was 107.56 mph for that run, and 107.96 for the last run, on Map1.

Sorry for my frustration, but this doesn't seem to be making sense, and I am not getting the results others seemingly have been.

Thank you
It sounds like something is not plugged in properly. Something has to be loose.

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
20 year Kia salesperson

2018 Stinger GT AWD Sunset Yellow
30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Burger Tuning pedal tuner
-Factory NGK plugs gapped @ .024
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can
-Removed factory mufflers
-Firestone Indy Firehawk 500's
(#2750)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2019, 11:07 AM

If you're limited on runs then a dragy is a good alternative to evaluate the tuning ahead of time in a less time intensive format.

If you're racing a 3.3L Stinger then 107mph seems stock or slower than stock. So something is wrong, as to what, I couldn't tell you with what you've provided so far.

A map2 1/4 mile log, and map0 1/4 mile log, would be good starting points though.

Burger Motorsports