N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2001)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 04-09-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4RTYH4RTY
Thank you my friend. Glad I checked before I started. I was about to install them at .026 😬
(#2002)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 04-09-2019, 10:35 AM

So I have been running into an issue where the JB4 mobile app will connect to the JB4 and it'll show me that MAP 2 is selected but nothing else is working. The RPM, IGN, AFR, IAT which all used to work now all sit at 0. Sometimes if I stop the car and shut it off and unplug and reconnect the ODBII wire it'll start working again. I just noticed this recently and was wondering if there is a way to tell if it's just the app not working or if the JB4 isn't getting the signal either. Also any thoughts on what I can do to troubleshoot.

I also just noticed this after upgrading to the latest firmware but honestly I wasn't really looking that often before upgrading so it may have been always happening.

Thanks for any suggestions or feedback.
(#2003)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1
Default 04-09-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe99999
So I have been running into an issue where the JB4 mobile app will connect to the JB4 and it'll show me that MAP 2 is selected but nothing else is working. The RPM, IGN, AFR, IAT which all used to work now all sit at 0. Sometimes if I stop the car and shut it off and unplug and reconnect the ODBII wire it'll start working again. I just noticed this recently and was wondering if there is a way to tell if it's just the app not working or if the JB4 isn't getting the signal either. Also any thoughts on what I can do to troubleshoot.

I also just noticed this after upgrading to the latest firmware but honestly I wasn't really looking that often before upgrading so it may have been always happening.

I had the same issues for a while. After working with terry, i noticed that If i took apart the JB4 plugs cleaned everything (connections) and did the same with the OBD plug it works. Issue comes back every couple months but a simple unplug and wipe it fixes the issues.
(#2004)
Old

Default 04-09-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears4Lyfe
I had the same issues for a while. After working with terry, i noticed that If i took apart the JB4 plugs cleaned everything (connections) and did the same with the OBD plug it works. Issue comes back every couple months but a simple unplug and wipe it fixes the issues.
What did you clean them with and which ones did you clean? Just the ODBII side in the car? Or are you talking about the connections to the TMAP and MAP sensors as well?

Did you determine that the JB4 wasn't receiving the signal or just the mobile app?
(#2005)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Generally an issue with the OBDII cable either between cable and car or cable and JB4 harness.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2006)
Old

Default 04-09-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Generally an issue with the OBDII cable either between cable and car or cable and JB4 harness.
Do you have a suggestion on what to do to resolve it? I have unplugged it from the interior connection and reconnected it. I will re-seat the other end as well. What if that doesn't work?
(#2007)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2019, 01:42 PM

Normally first step is to email support in and ask them to send you another OBDII cable to rule out the cable itself being damaged.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2008)
Old

Car: 2019 Hyundai Veloster N
Default 04-10-2019, 02:57 PM

Hey Terry, what would be the best way to contact you? I have a 2019 Veloster N and have a few questions regarding the jb4.
(#2009)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2019, 04:45 PM

Easiest way is to just post your questions here, or make a new thread if you prefer.

Burger Motorsports

(#2010)
Old

Car: 2019 Hyundai Veloster N
Default 04-10-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Easiest way is to just post your questions here, or make a new thread if you prefer.
Are you still looking for trial vehicles for the jb4? I saw it works for the veloster n but have not seen any posts or data on the specific car.
(#2011)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2019, 06:20 PM

It's a supported model. We've shipped a few without issue! Once installed if you want to post or send in logs we can always double check it with you to ensure it's working properly.

Burger Motorsports

(#2012)
Old

Car: G70
Default 04-11-2019, 06:30 AM

Does the fuel wires add any HP when used on Map1 or Map2 on 91-93 Octane?
Or is it only for E85 fuel mixtures and up?
Thanks.
(#2013)
Old

Default 04-11-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLJ
Does the fuel wires add any HP when used on Map1 or Map2 on 91-93 Octane?
Or is it only for E85 fuel mixtures and up?
Thanks.
They allow the JB4 to alter the air/fuel mixture and are beneficial with all MAPs not just the E85 and up.

If you look at the dyno results on the JB4 site you can see that MAP 1 without fuel wires was 356.85 WHP and 465.25 torque. With the wires MAP 1 was 377.69 WHP and 462.50 torque.
(#2014)
Old

Default 04-11-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
They allow the JB4 to alter the air/fuel mixture and are beneficial with all MAPs not just the E85 and up.

If you look at the dyno results on the JB4 site you can see that MAP 1 without fuel wires was 356.85 WHP and 465.25 torque. With the wires MAP 1 was 377.69 WHP and 462.50 torque.
Sorry I don't see that anywhere on their site. I only see Stock and Map1 with fuel wires. Not Map1 without and with.
Can you link me to it please?
(#2015)
Old

Default 04-11-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLJ
Sorry I don't see that anywhere on their site. I only see Stock and Map1 with fuel wires. Not Map1 without and with.
Can you link me to it please?
2018 Kia Stinger JB4 Tuner | BurgerTuning.com

You will see a graph for Stock vs. JB4 maps basic install and one that says Stock vs. JB4 with fuel control active.
(#2016)
Old

Default 04-11-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
2018 Kia Stinger JB4 Tuner | BurgerTuning.com

You will see a graph for Stock vs. JB4 maps basic install and one that says Stock vs. JB4 with fuel control active.
I see now. Thanks. So it looks like it upped the HP quite a bit but dropped the TQ a tad.
(#2017)
Old

Car: Hyundai i30N
Default 04-11-2019, 11:34 AM

Hello guys,

does anybody know where i can find the primary O2 sensor from mi Hyundai i30N!
I think it‘s the same like the Veloster N.

Thanks
(#2018)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2019, 04:17 PM

It's right on the exhaust manifold, white wire is the one you posi-tap. I have a photo somewhere will track it down later.

Burger Motorsports

(#2019)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 04-12-2019, 07:37 PM

Got a couple logs from my last trip to the strip. All 12.3X runs.

Mods are Intake, Midpipe, IC, e30 Map3/5. Had no issues with traction but couldn’t get a sub 2.0 60’

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-24 12_01_01 Map-5.csv (19.6 KB, 97 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-24 11_24_23 Map-3.csv (18.0 KB, 93 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-24 11_28_11 Map-3.csv (27.0 KB, 93 views)
(#2020)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger 3.3T
Default 04-12-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursingDingo

Mods are Intake, Midpipe, IC, e30 Map3/5. Had no issues with traction but couldn’t get a sub 2.0 60’

You mean sub three's i.e. 3.X sec for 0-60...
That is where you should be...
(#2021)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 04-12-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeneste
You mean sub three's i.e. 3.X sec for 0-60...
That is where you should be...
He said 60 ft time, not 0 - 60 time.
(#2022)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursingDingo

Log looks clean. How are traps?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2023)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger 3.3T
Default 04-12-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4RTYH4RTY
He said 60 ft time, not 0 - 60 time.
LoL sorry CursingDingo, little late here. But looking at your Map5 (hard due to log resolution) but it looks like your 0-60 is ~3.93 sec. Not bad... but suggest a Dragy or Torque App to get the detail you want. Both use the accelerometers + GPS to get 100 Hz resolution. Like Terry said what were your trap times ? Also just as a FYI looks like you Timestamps are ~1/2 of real time. (?!?)

Last edited by pgeneste; 04-13-2019 at 12:13 AM..
(#2024)
Old

Default 04-13-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Log looks clean. How are traps?
114.94 - 116.02 across four 12.3 runs.
(#2025)
Old

Default 04-13-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeneste
LoL sorry CursingDingo, little late here. But looking at your Map5 (hard due to log resolution) but it looks like your 0-60 is ~3.93 sec. Not bad... but suggest a Dragy or Torque App to get the detail you want. Both use the accelerometers + GPS to get 100 Hz resolution. Like Terry said what were your trap times ? Also just as a FYI looks like you Timestamps are ~1/2 of real time. (?!?)
How do I improve log resolution?

I have Draggy and was running for most runs but a few got messed up because it started the run when I tried to spin the tires before staging.

I’m not sure what you mean by timestamps are 1/2 of real time?