N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3576)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 01-22-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks OK so far but try a longer run when it's safe to do so.
Hey Terry @ BMS,

Finally got a chance to do some good clean logs last night. Well, as clean as can be. You can see traction kicking in with the ECU psi going up and down, but JB4 seems to be doing its job.

I took two logs back to back, one with fuel control enabled and one without. Both were a run from 40mph in 4th gear (to minimize traction control interference, otherwise would have done it in 2nd or 3rd).

Ambient temp was 59.

I'm thinking I can probably push more boost in the higher RPM range, but not sure. Let me know what you think.

I've also got a few more logs I can post if you'd like.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-21 22_16_48_Map-6.csv (13.9 KB, 101 views)
File Type: csv 2019-01-21 22_20_15_Map-6.csv (16.9 KB, 105 views)
(#3577)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 01-22-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Yes you'll trigger codes if firmware fails and ign power is cycled. Just clear all codes now.
Thanks Terry. Since I donít have fuel wires connected yet should I change any settings in JB4?
(#3578)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe 3.0t
Default Fuel wire installed on JB4 and enabled. - 01-22-2019, 05:18 PM

Terry @ BMS

Can you check my log with fuel wire?

The passenger side was a pain to install. How do I know it was installed correctly and it is working?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-22 17_00_20_Map-6.csv (9.0 KB, 106 views)
(#3579)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp801
Terry @ BMS

Can you check my log with fuel wire?

The passenger side was a pain to install. How do I know it was installed correctly and it is working?
They are disabled with your FUD setting.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3580)
Old

Car: q50
Default 01-23-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Terry @ BMS
.....How do I know it was installed correctly and it is working?
If you turned on bit 0, your AFR should sit at ~12.5 for most of the pull once the turbos are spooled up.
(#3581)
Old

Car: Q50 SS
Default Log Review - 01-23-2019, 06:25 PM

Terry @ BMS,

Can you please review my log? I did a full 3rd gear pull partially into 4th. This is with the fuel wires connected and turned on. Does it look like I can increase the anywhere in the rev range or is this pretty much maxed out? Thanks!

2019 Q50 SS w/ Stillen Intakes. 93 fuel.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-23 18_27_38_Map-6.csv (8.4 KB, 117 views)
(#3582)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2019, 07:56 PM

Fuel wires look ok.

Why are you limiting more boost in 2nd gear than 1st?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3583)
Old

Default 01-23-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Fuel wires look ok.

Why are you limiting more boost in 2nd gear than 1st?
Not sure if you are referring to me but I was not aware that boost was being limited in 2nd more than 1st. Where can I adjust that? I've attached screenshots of my current settings.
(#3584)
Old

Default 01-23-2019, 09:52 PM

Hey Terry @ BMS,

Couple questions:

Did you get a chance to take a look at my logs above?

Also, for boost by gear in v5 you noted:

"1) Adjusted boost by gear to allow targeting of less than the factory (or flashed) boost target. For example a 1st gear setting of 6psi will reduce boost in 1st gear by 6psi regardless of the JB4 boost target. Very useful for those using JB4 in conjunction with flash maps that have higher boost targets."

Does this mean that if my JB4 is targeting let's say +6, and I set boost in 1st to 6, it'll even out and I'll run stock PSI, or will it reduce 6 from stock?

Thanks!
(#3585)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-24-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta121
Not sure if you are referring to me but I was not aware that boost was being limited in 2nd more than 1st. Where can I adjust that? I've attached screenshots of my current settings.
Where it says
Max boost 1st you have 3
Max boost 2nd you have 4

Those values are minus stock. So in second gear you're requesting -4psi from stock.
You'd want to values the other way around

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#3586)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy

Does this mean that if my JB4 is targeting let's say +6, and I set boost in 1st to 6, it'll even out and I'll run stock PSI, or will it reduce 6 from stock?

Thanks!
If the JB4 is targeting +6psi and 1st gear is -6psi, you'll make 0psi over stock. If JB4 was targeting 2psi and 1st gear is -6psi, you'd make 4psi less than stock.

Burger Motorsports

(#3587)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
I took two logs back to back, one with fuel control enabled and one without. Both were a run from 40mph in 4th gear (to minimize traction control interference, otherwise would have done it in 2nd or 3rd).

Ambient temp was 59.

I'm thinking I can probably push more boost in the higher RPM range, but not sure. Let me know what you think.

I've also got a few more logs I can post if you'd like.

Thanks!
Nice logs, thanks. Seems to be working as it should be although I expected fuel trims when enabled to be a bit lower relative to without fuel control. Shift the shift points are difference, boost is different, so that might be eating up the difference I'm looking for. You're sure the fuel wires themselves are making a solid connection?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3588)
Old

Default 01-24-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
If the JB4 is targeting +6psi and 1st gear is -6psi, you'll make 0psi over stock. If JB4 was targeting 2psi and 1st gear is -6psi, you'd make 4psi less than stock.
Perfect, thanks for the clarification!

Quote:
Nice logs, thanks. Seems to be working as it should be although I expected fuel trims when enabled to be a bit lower relative to without fuel control. Shift the shift points are difference, boost is different, so that might be eating up the difference I'm looking for. You're sure the fuel wires themselves are making a solid connection?
No prob! I'm taking it to the dyno on Saturday, so I can get more logs to share without VDC kicking in, haha.

I'll double check the fuel wires tonight. Both these logs were taken from 4th gear in a 40 roll, so it should be pretty identical for most of the log. Boost difference may be traction control intervening more since I'm probably making more power with fuel control on.

The trims is odd, agreed. Not sure what's going on there. I'll double check and maybe try and take another good log before I take it to the dyno in case there's something we need to revise.

Thanks, Terry!
(#3589)
Old

Default 01-24-2019, 01:21 PM

@Boxy, whats your map 6 look like? Your making quite a bit more boost than I am and I thought we had close map 6's.
(#3590)
Old

Car: 2018 Q60 3.0
Default 01-24-2019, 04:40 PM

Terry can you take a look at my log? Just installed the fuel wires. Running Map 6.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-24 17_33_09 Map-6.csv (16.9 KB, 85 views)

2019 Q50 Red Sport
Burger JB4
Burger Cold Air Intake
Burger Fuel Wires
Burger Elite Heat Exchanger
Rev9 Flowmaxx Axle-Back Exhaust
Megan LDP
(#3591)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 01-24-2019, 05:10 PM

Will the fuel wires help those with turbo back exhaust?
(#3592)
Old

Default 01-24-2019, 06:05 PM

Terry, have you seen mods like down ***** and exhaust increase the boost levels on a stock tune? I wanted to do a comparison of map 6 vs map 0 on my 3.0t premium. Map 0 logged about 11 psi and I thought they were supposed to be about 8.
(#3593)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe 3.0t
Default Fuel wire installed on JB4 and (FUD)enabled. - 01-25-2019, 11:33 AM

Terry @ BMS

Can you check my log with the fuel wire installed and enabled.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-25 10_07_37_Map-7.csv (6.7 KB, 75 views)
File Type: csv 2019-01-24 19_36_29_Map-7.csv (7.3 KB, 76 views)
(#3594)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-25-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Terry @ BMS

Can you check my log with the fuel wire installed and enabled.
Seems active to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#3595)
Old

Car: 2018 Q60 3.0
Default 01-25-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Seems active to me!
Notice any area when it can be improved?

2019 Q50 Red Sport
Burger JB4
Burger Cold Air Intake
Burger Fuel Wires
Burger Elite Heat Exchanger
Rev9 Flowmaxx Axle-Back Exhaust
Megan LDP
(#3596)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-25-2019, 02:31 PM

There is always room for improvement. For now it's doing what we want.

Burger Motorsports

(#3597)
Old

Default 01-25-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Terry, I got my firmware updated and fuel wires added and bit 0 turned on. I noticed something odd. When coasting it looks like the AFR readings flash back and forth on decel. Previously they would basically go to 0 since the car is pulling all fuel. Are these inputs to the PIC high impedance? Seems wierd. See attached log.
I have noticed the same issue. When coasting with fuel control turned off the AFR reading would be at 0. With the fuel control turned on it goes back and forth between 0 and 20.xx.
Terry @ BMS Is this something we should be worried about?
(#3598)
Old

Default 01-25-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Where it says
Max boost 1st you have 3
Max boost 2nd you have 4

Those values are minus stock. So in second gear you're requesting -4psi from stock.
You'd want to values the other way around
Ohhh, I see. Didn't realize it was even set or thats the way it worked lol.
(#3599)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-25-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta121
I have noticed the same issue. When coasting with fuel control turned off the AFR reading would be at 0. With the fuel control turned on it goes back and forth between 0 and 20.xx.
Terry @ BMS Is this something we should be worried about?
No just a logging glitch we'll have to look at.

Burger Motorsports

(#3600)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0 sport
Default 01-25-2019, 10:31 PM

Are the Fuel wires up for sale already?